The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Trouble changing Profile pic/signature

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Oct 29 2014, 7:22pm

Post #1 of 12 (650 views)
Shortcut
Trouble changing Profile pic/signature Can't Post

I have been having a bit of trouble trying to change my profile picture. . .I uploaded a new pic and it went through ok, but even after I hit the save button, my picture was still the old one.

Also I tried adding a signature but could not figure out how to do it. Do you have to add tags around the picture, and if so what are they?

http://i1272.photobucket.com/...NSIG_zpsd1d1bc2f.jpg

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 29 2014, 8:16pm

Post #2 of 12 (603 views)
Shortcut
I think you might be mixing up two different things [In reply to] Can't Post

There is an avatar picture and a profile picture.

If you look at my profile page:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...cgi?username=Magpie;

You'll see a magpie and orange moon... that's my (current) avatar (subject to change at a moment's notice but... for this week... will be Halloween themed).

and me on a horse (a LONG time ago)... that's my profile picture.

I can't see that you have a profile picture so I think you're trying to change your avatar picture which, right now, seems to be picture of pensive Thorin.

To change that,
find the link at the top for: Edit Profile
find the linke for: User Profile
look for the area marked: Avatar Icon

If you're trying to upload a profile picture (which only shows on your profile page), you have to have that hosted on another site that allows remote linking (like Photobucket).

If I've misunderstood you or you have more questions or issues, let us know.

Love your user name by the way. ;-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 29 2014, 8:17pm)

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Oct 29 2014, 8:54pm

Post #3 of 12 (593 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There is an avatar picture and a profile picture.

If you look at my profile page:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...cgi?username=Magpie;

You'll see a magpie and orange moon... that's my (current) avatar (subject to change at a moment's notice but... for this week... will be Halloween themed).

and me on a horse (a LONG time ago)... that's my profile picture.

I can't see that you have a profile picture so I think you're trying to change your avatar picture which, right now, seems to be picture of pensive Thorin.

To change that,
find the link at the top for: Edit Profile
find the linke for: User Profile
look for the area marked: Avatar Icon

If you're trying to upload a profile picture (which only shows on your profile page), you have to have that hosted on another site that allows remote linking (like Photobucket).

If I've misunderstood you or you have more questions or issues, let us know.

Love your user name by the way. ;-)

Thanks for the help! i guess it went through afterall. . .I logged off then logged back on and it was fixed!

The only other thing I can't figure out how to do is adding a picture for my signature. . .do you know how to do that?

http://i1272.photobucket.com/...NSIG_zpsd1d1bc2f.jpg

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 29 2014, 9:25pm

Post #4 of 12 (588 views)
Shortcut
look for a link in my footer for "Torn Image Posting Guide" [In reply to] Can't Post

There you'll find everything you need to know.

Ask if you need help and once you go through the process you can make a post in this thread to see if it worked.

If you need help with making an image the right size, let me know. I'll be around for a short while and can help.

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Oct 29 2014, 9:28pm

Post #5 of 12 (580 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There you'll find everything you need to know.

Ask if you need help and once you go through the process you can make a post in this thread to see if it worked.

If you need help with making an image the right size, let me know. I'll be around for a short while and can help.

Was just looking there! I took a pic from my Photobucket and added the IMG tags. . .can you see it? On my end it just shows up as a link, but maybe it just hasn't registered all the way through yet.

[URL=http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/LaurenOakenshield97/media/TheKingBeneaththeMountain_zpsd6552403.png.html]

(This post was edited by LaurenOakenshield on Oct 29 2014, 9:30pm)

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Oct 29 2014, 9:32pm

Post #6 of 12 (583 views)
Shortcut
Nevermind [In reply to] Can't Post

Nevermind. . .I think it worked! thanks! Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 29 2014, 9:36pm

Post #7 of 12 (633 views)
Shortcut
You're quick! [In reply to] Can't Post

cheers. :-)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 8:33pm

Post #8 of 12 (549 views)
Shortcut
Testing... [In reply to] Can't Post

blah blah blah blah blah

Leave Sauron to me.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 8:38pm

Post #9 of 12 (544 views)
Shortcut
Once more... [In reply to] Can't Post

Leave
Sauron
to
me...

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 8:40pm

Post #10 of 12 (544 views)
Shortcut
Magpie... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it possible to get the wording in my footer to take up the same amount of space as the picture and not be three lines below it like it is now?

Leave
Sauron
to
me...

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 11:09pm

Post #11 of 12 (542 views)
Shortcut
can you send me the code you're using in your footer by PM? [In reply to] Can't Post

When you do, switch to Basic Editor then find the option choices for "Message Style" and switch it to "Plain Text Only".

Copy off all the code that is now entered into your signature field for User Profile.

and just fwiw: although for some reason, I love reading message on feedback, this was in a thread further down on the page and it really was mostly lucky that I caught this request.

PMs or emails are always a more certain way to ask me personally for help. :-)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 7 2014, 1:42am

Post #12 of 12 (545 views)
Shortcut
Actually, I think I like it with just the picture. [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried that out since I didn't want the footer looking strange while I waited for your reply, and I like it the way it is. Thanks for being willing to help, though!

And I'll be sure to do that next time I need to reach you. I have the "Send e-mail notification on reply" box checked, so I kinda just assumed everyone did and that you'd get an email from me anyway.

Thanks again! Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.