Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What LOTR prop/costume would you bid for?...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2007, 9:50pm

Post #26 of 35 (588 views)
Shortcut
Except the keys, apparently./ [In reply to] Can't Post

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Tintallė
Gondor

Mar 8 2007, 5:08am

Post #27 of 35 (584 views)
Shortcut
The Argonath [In reply to] Can't Post

to put at either side of my front door, with a "No Soliciting" sign dangling from one hand. Yes.

A Cave Troll. See above.

Some Middle Earth bling. Maybe Aragorn's Ring of Barahir. Oh wait - I had it, from The Noble Collection courtesy of my kids. Looked as though it came out of a gumball machine so back it went. Never mind.

The coil of rope from Lothlorien - but only if it really comes when you call it. If it stays tied no matter what, or unties before you're ready for it to come to you, then never mind.

One of the boats from Lothlorien. I could paddle around Mission Bay on nice afternoons.

FarFromHome
Valinor

Mar 8 2007, 9:15am

Post #28 of 35 (584 views)
Shortcut
I really like the look of [In reply to] Can't Post

Denethor's wine carafe and goblet. Not for any particular movie-related reason, just because I love the design.

...and the sails were drawn up, and the wind blew,
and slowly the ship slipped away down the long grey firth;
and the light of the glass of Galadriel that Frodo bore
glimmered and was lost.

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 8 2007, 11:21am

Post #29 of 35 (594 views)
Shortcut
The front door at Bag End [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd build a new log home around it. Looks like i will have to build my own.
Legolas's bow and quiver
Faramir's outfit
Sam's pack AND the pots and pans.
One of the maps in Bag end
Aragorn's elven knife
A pair of hobbit feet

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

The magnificent beech

Elven
Valinor

Mar 8 2007, 2:40pm

Post #30 of 35 (590 views)
Shortcut
Going Going Gone .... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh everything!!!! Agghhh!!! It was all so special!!

Firstly Galadriels Mirror, and I hope it would come as a set - with stand and jug Wink
The Palantirs!!
Any of the horses - especially the Shire Horse that pulls gandalfs cart - Shadowfax (and if Tom had been in it - Ol Fatty Lumpkin)
Anything in writing - especially the books - all that beautiful scripting!
An Elven cloak.
Bilbos Inkwell and pen.
Boromirs Burgundy and gold shirt.

Ah so much treasure ... so little money Sly

Oh yeah ... and Galadriels crimped blonde wig.

"Never wash your name in hot water Elvenesque - it shrinks!" said the Gaffer.
Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...

Aerin
Grey Havens

Mar 8 2007, 10:28pm

Post #31 of 35 (583 views)
Shortcut
Something quite modest [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like some of the pottery that was specially made for Bag End and the birthday party.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 9 2007, 9:35pm

Post #32 of 35 (575 views)
Shortcut
Great question, diedye! I'd try to bid for... [In reply to] Can't Post

(only if I had a huge lottery win in my pocket)

All of BagEnd and included house paraphernalia
All of Rivendell, and all included paraphernalia, especially Frodo's bed and the statues surrounding the porch. And the one that holds the shards of Narsil.
Wall hangings (Alan Lee's art) at Rivendell.
All of Lothlorien paraphernalia, and especially the phial of Galadriel, and a swan boat.
Idril's sword (Arwen's sword)
Asfoloth's horse's blanket
Eowyn's house coat (that she's wearing when she wakes and talks to Aragorn at Edoras.
All of Arwen's and Galadriel's gowns
A Palantir (I'll take the one that Denethor uses before he goes bonkers. The one that was shown in a picture but not used in the movie.)

I'm sure there's more. Give me time.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2007, 3:53am

Post #33 of 35 (564 views)
Shortcut
A Lorien cloak [In reply to] Can't Post

I already have a brooch (from the Noble Collection, not the movie, of course). One of the hobbit ones would fit me fine.

Where's Frodo?

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2007, 3:55am

Post #34 of 35 (561 views)
Shortcut
Your footer! [In reply to] Can't Post

So adorable. The avatar, too, of course, but the signature pic is new (to me). Very sweet!

Where's Frodo?

_V_
Lorien

Mar 12 2007, 12:54am

Post #35 of 35 (622 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn [In reply to] Can't Post

Most likely the infamous "Eowyn wedding dress" which Ngila said was officially the best costume out of her entire Oscar-winning set of costumes, but which has never appeared on screen (we dont' even have pictures)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.