Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XX
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 4:41am

Post #126 of 209 (3144 views)
Shortcut
     Hear, hear! And look, a fan edit of how the scene could look finished [In reply to]  

In Reply To
And, yeah, my imagination wanted to go in every direction. This could have been so gorgeous! And that's just the view. Every little addition to the scenery in that room of Thranduil's halls could have told us something about the Elvenking himself. Besides...

This!

In Reply To
But there is NO excuse for them not throwing together a version of it to include as a non-storyline cut scene. (If Alan Lee could produce that in a few minutes, I'm sure a couple of hours could have given us a spectacular background to go with the actors.)

None at all. Look what maivochica did already:

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 4:46am

Post #127 of 209 (3132 views)
Shortcut
     That's very strange, mariel [In reply to]  

I know I have problems accessing US sites because of my location - remembered an instance where Kerewyn, in Australia, was talking about some content and it was invisible to me here in Singapore, so I'd think the UK wouldn't get these issues. An alternative you might want to consider is to use a web proxy app. What these do is to make the site you're trying to visit think you're from somewhere where visits to the site is allowed. I use one (sometimes it's easier to get at the Thranduil content on Chinese sites on a US ip address, go figure). The one I use is Hola but you might to goggle to get recommendations for common ones in UK. Hope this helps.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 4:47am

Post #128 of 209 (3133 views)
Shortcut
     heh I think i remember reading that in the guide too [In reply to]  

Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 4:54am

Post #129 of 209 (3129 views)
Shortcut
     I think she made a gestalt for this piece [In reply to]  

If I had to guess.. and I think I can, after being inundated with Thranduil Pretty! this past week BlushEvil She took one headshot, put it on a body shot from elsewhere and plonked it into the T&T scene background.

The head is prolly from the part where the cast and crew were discussing the Thranduil and Legolas deleted scene:

(screenshot taken off the vid)

The body is from the TH:FB exclusive

And the background scene, well, you know Smile It's a fantastic edit!Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 4:56am

Post #130 of 209 (3129 views)
Shortcut
     I have fingers, toes and catspaws all crossed [In reply to]  

that it is a misunderstanding. But yes, I'm not going in on blind faith eitherFrown

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 4:56am

Post #131 of 209 (3124 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome back! [In reply to]  

Have you caught up then?Smile

and how was your test?

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 26 2014, 4:57am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 5:01am

Post #132 of 209 (3125 views)
Shortcut
     I think Kerewyn might be checking in soon [In reply to]  

She did mention she would when she's back from her South African adventure in early November. She will be so floored by how much she's missedLaughTongue... and notUnsureFrown

In Reply To
Because even if the bare facts of the spoilers are there on screen in December, the impression given by the live action could be completely different from what you'd expect.

Totally! Even with just the BTS stuff, all the images and GIFs that were putting all the stray thoughts into my headCrazyTongue, once I saw the long vid Eruvandi was squeeing over, everything just made normal senseEvilBlush Context is everything.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 5:04am

Post #133 of 209 (3118 views)
Shortcut
     Nice! And this one [In reply to]  

Have we seen this one?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 5:10am

Post #134 of 209 (3113 views)
Shortcut
     I do hope [book/movie-spolier] [In reply to]  

the scene with Bilbo gifting Thranduil with the necklace will be in. That's the one plotpoint where Thranduil can be light-hearted and smile without taking away the characterisation (that we've seen) PJ's drawn in the movie.

Perhaps at the very end of bofa, just to see him being able to have a little joy instead of all the seriousness and dread.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 5:15am

Post #135 of 209 (3132 views)
Shortcut
     BTS GIF of the scene [In reply to]  

Love how OB got "burnt", as the poster termed it, by LP in this discussionLaugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 5:17am

Post #136 of 209 (3121 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah [In reply to]  

I think those boots in the fitting clips were draft versions, with all those chalk lines on them.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 5:19am

Post #137 of 209 (3135 views)
Shortcut
     Love that one... and look at this [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 5:49am

Post #138 of 209 (3159 views)
Shortcut
     Fellow Thralls, looks like we're on probation here. For what it's worth, please read [In reply to]  

If we find repeated violations we will issue warnings to the posters, which may result in banning from the forum. We don't catch everything, but it's everyone's job to abide by the rules and not wait until they get caught.

We all realize that the Thranduil appreciation threads are popular, but we won't let them continue if they violate our Terms of Service.

I think entmaiden's made it very clear that we're close if not already in trouble. I believe it safe to say we all want to enjoy our appreciation without stress, and this is stressful. So here's something I want to share.

If you've been on TA for a while, you know I've been zapped by the Wrath of Mod before and it's not funny. If you want to post images and find it a hassle to download and resize stuff, either just post the link or if you really really want the image to be seen on your post, try my newly-developed, somewhat short-cut "lazy image size manipulation for TORn posting process".

Needed apps: Browser, screencapture tool (you can't escape these), image resize tool (as needed).

Process
  1. On the page with the image/GIF you want to share, zoom out until the image is reduced to a suitably small size.
  2. Do a screencap of the image.
  3. Save the screencap.
  4. Check the screencap image size and dimensions. (On Windows, you can select the image in Windows Explorer and see the image details on the bottom of the explorer window)
  5. If needed, resize image
  6. Upload as per TORn process
  7. Add the source page link as applicable
It looks like a hassle, and to be honest it is at the beginning, as with everything else. But unless we want to risk getting zapped by WoM, exile and the TA being shut down, it's worth the hassle to get used to it if you are excited about making sure the image you want to share is seen on the post you're making. Also, by adding the source link (and just remember, DON'T hotlink images!), you are also crediting the source and helping to make sure fellow Thralls get the original large-sized Pretty! without committing infractions. And we all live happily after.

For reference: I'm using Mozilla for my browser and the screenshot tool that came with my laptop (snipping tool). For any offline image resize I do, I use the native MS Picture Manager tool (but Eruvandi's post and a few others I've put up in a few threads have suggestions for online resizers). I find using this process reduces my time and effort to size the image correctly for loading onto TORn posts by A LOT.

Please note that information about posting and image stuff are in the lexicon section of every TA OP since a few threads ago for easy reference.

Personally, I would hate for the effort of making these threads so full of Pretty! to be wasted, and I do not want to be around on an ME board that does not have Thranduil Appreciation, so let's try to stay out of trouble, shall we?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 6:47am

Post #139 of 209 (3155 views)
Shortcut
     Woodland Weekend [In reply to]  

All right, ready for another weekend of Pretty!, are we? Usual EI/HTR/Spoiler/ETC warnings applies Smile We've been getting some really nice stuff, and this WW almost got away from me due to the sudden flood of PR and DoS EE stuff over the last 2 threads, but I'm afraid of being overwhelmed again soon, so here it is.

Thranduil
IMG
http://www.deviantart.com/...l-War-fire-488986394
http://th03.deviantart.net/...oldy_tlk-d6vd2me.png
http://iary.deviantart.com/art/Mirkwood-388950418
http://fc06.deviantart.net/...flover21-d5pwtde.jpg
http://vcherryvanillav.tumblr.com/post/99774066049
http://fandomsareaproblem.tumblr.com/...uils-poster-the-eyes
http://misgxidedghost.tumblr.com/...eblog-if-you-plan-on
http://thorinds.tumblr.com/...ent-of-your-debt-has
http://tenshi-serpah.tumblr.com/...realmby-ladycyrenius
http://panikfaze.tumblr.com/post/100353082986
http://the-king-of-mirkwood.tumblr.com/post/99819798357
http://fusaee.tumblr.com/post/100350490450
http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/post/100310638803
Armour: including Elrond, Disagreeable Dward-http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/...cheluke-for-the-scan
http://elfpunk-gallery.tumblr.com/post/100442312152
http://vendelina.deviantart.com/art/Thranduil-485710233
http://images5.fanpop.com/...2030158-815-1000.jpg
http://vendelina.deviantart.com/...-Thranduil-485900295
http://enfantdivine.tumblr.com/post/100949323759

Fan art
Amazing graphite piece:http://meikezane.deviantart.com/...-Thranduil-476016634
http://sharikia.deviantart.com/art/Thranduil-472631956
https://38.media.tumblr.com/...wFm1rkvcpto1_500.jpg
http://llegolas.deviantart.com/...-elvenking-473336737
http://tsugumishell.tumblr.com/post/99731938746
http://snellsnail.deviantart.com/...f-Mirkwood-471832582
http://indigosart.tumblr.com/...and-his-wife-again-i
http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/post/99836689361
http://jetblacktempest.tumblr.com/...ut-i-did-do-the-edit
http://the-king-of-mirkwood.tumblr.com/...839912/edthatch-1008
http://touch.pixiv.net/...p;illust_id=38040153
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/475270566900094281/
http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/post/100624647646/king
http://myrkvidrs.tumblr.com/...73596963/carnival-by
Father son moments
http://the-king-of-mirkwood.tumblr.com/...ciofood-reverie-doll
http://purple-meow.deviantart.com/...-Thranduil-488691756
http://harmonia3784.deviantart.com/...us-Legolas-429379138
http://moi-keiniku-sang.deviantart.com/...-you-daddy-354691536
http://jhuu-kauer.tumblr.com/post/100175571200
http://myrkvidrs.tumblr.com/...39616645/3-by-chilia
http://wildragon.tumblr.com/...n-between-thorin-ans
http://admetcetera.tumblr.com/...duil-doing-something
http://s.pikabu.ru/...18952_1302085845.jpg
http://s.pikabu.ru/...789864_418416131.jpg
http://myrkvidrs.tumblr.com/...-leaf-by-zeefromeast
Legolas: http://yassena.tumblr.com/...-battle-by-neldorwen

Farnie
http://fc08.deviantart.net/...ers_wife-d5rw1dj.jpg
http://deadpool-party.deviantart.com/...-Thranduil-349733407
http://thearkenstone-ck.tumblr.com/...gs-fightlovesickness
http://wavesheep.tumblr.com/...s-sleeping-posture-d
http://landstriderdovahkiin.tumblr.com/post/100247704178

GIF
http://ninaledgerbloom.tumblr.com/...f-gets-me-every-time
http://aprilwindworld.tumblr.com/...g-under-the-mountain
http://staaarklord.tumblr.com/...almosteveryfandomblr

The Fall
IMG
http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/post/99696320576
http://feedmenuggets.tumblr.com/post/99932683363
http://gedebe.tumblr.com/...ll-behind-the-scenes

Fan art
http://fallingoutboy.tumblr.com/...ylic-leepace-thefall

GiF
http://because-normal-are-others.tumblr.com/post/99794984964

HCF
IMG
http://bellevox.tumblr.com/...088/oh-my-gods-swoon
http://andyjpetu.tumblr.com/...-este-hombre-leepace
http://spookedjournalist.tumblr.com/post/100219668078
http://transfigurat.tumblr.com/...ucking-cute-halt-and

GiF
http://claud51.tumblr.com/post/99909592332
http://claud51.tumblr.com/post/99909276667
http://close-to-the-metal.tumblr.com/...tured-the-gigolo-joe

PD
IMG
http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/...9848603476/two-bambi
http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/post/99944605391
http://madla-13.tumblr.com/post/100075877795
http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/post/100437692118

Fan art
http://huxuan28.tumblr.com/...628/finished-drawing

GiF
http://thefandomimagine.tumblr.com/...bmitted-by-anonymous
http://lilith-lizzie-tim.tumblr.com/post/99750058488
http://offthetumbldpath.tumblr.com/...g-daisies-girth-2007
http://alphhas.tumblr.com/...e-piemaker-star-wars
http://mycroftplayingoperation.tumblr.com/...-by-ned-the-piemaker
http://jac30lyn.tumblr.com/...ve-ned-the-pie-maker
http://claracivry.tumblr.com/.../pushing-daisies-red

GotG
Fan art
http://storymancer.tumblr.com/...llains-painting-this
http://frankiifourfingers.tumblr.com/...d-be-available-on-dr

LP & Other Roles
IMG
http://hi-tom.tumblr.com/post/99792067602
http://bentrivettontherocks.com/...715332/lee-pace-2014
http://clairzh.tumblr.com/...-voice-and-cute-face
http://menculture-vulture.tumblr.com/post/99707692823/lee
http://embracemyteamoment.tumblr.com/...9/beautiful-lee-pace
http://3intheam.tumblr.com/post/99810289269
http://menculture-vulture.tumblr.com/...9980828433/pssst-hey
http://gedebe.tumblr.com/...j-kim-in-getty-image
http://leepace-talent-e-beauty.tumblr.com/...3/lee-i-love-you-3-3
http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/post/95365717558
http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/post/94961805598
http://nats-little-fantasy-world.tumblr.com/post/100517122266
http://leevampires.tumblr.com/...626327788/c-lee-pace

GiF
Someone sang in this here movie, apparently the track is on the OST too: http://nickmillerturtleface.tumblr.com/post/99845907026
http://jac30lyn.tumblr.com/...-performances-credit
http://lilith-lizzie-tim.tumblr.com/...ne-i-just-reframe-it
http://sorandomposting.tumblr.com/...ossession-in-pushing

Fan art
http://oceansoul7777.tumblr.com/...87277/lee-pace-by-me

Supreme EI/HTR etc
http://lenhndrx.tumblr.com/post/99940807693
http://coolbreeze35.tumblr.com/...tell-these-guys-that
http://duyeqing.deviantart.com/...anduil-Cut-352186092
ME casting - supermodel version //masterartistnicky.tumblr.com/post/100209267295/kind-of-how-i-pictured-the-lord-of-the-rings

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 26 2014, 6:49am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 6:57am

Post #140 of 209 (3133 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for that, vanima. It is beautiful [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I expect Bilbo will be the one to... do something... that brings about an obvious change in the Elvenking (which, by extension, changes his kingdom). I'm thinking he'll be given those jewels of starlight as his share of the treasure and he'll turn around and re-gift them to Thranduil. (I'm not the first one to suggest this and as far as I know it's not a spoiler, just a(n obvious) guess.)

Really have nothing else to add but that I think that's the closest we'll come to the meshing of the theme in both movies too. Really hope this scene is in!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 9:00am

Post #141 of 209 (3121 views)
Shortcut
     Total Film - stuff confirmed/debunked and new uh-ohs [BotFA spoilers] [In reply to]  

So you'll find the scans of the complete feature, which I just read, here. vanima is right, context makes everything!

Thoughts/observations

- Re "THE ORCS ATTACK DALE AND THRANDY IS THERE AND SO IS GANDALF AND GANDALF WANTS TO WARN THORIN BUT THRANDY SAYS NO, THEN BILBO WANTS TO GO TO WARN THEM BUT GANDALF SAYS I WONT ALLOW IT AND BILBO SAYS IM NOT ASKING YOU TO ALLOW IT. THOSE ARE MY FRIENDS OUT THERE. IM GOING.
I can see why Thranddy says no here. And at this point, it makes sense for the characterisation the movie makers are painting of the Elvenking.
- Dang does Tauriel hold high-rank or what? And Tauriel supporters, there's a even an EL feature.
- The other Elf in the gorgeous Thranduil full-length BTS pic is definitely not Leggy.
- The PB's Thranduil quote comes from this feature. In relation to this quote, the hinting about Thranduil being a bit of an ambivalent character (which seems promising), it seems to be what they're characterising Bard with too, from the article CrazyMad Also, PJ definitely wants to expand Bard's role. I hope this does not mean Thranduil's time is being divvied up again and this time having to cede ground to not only Legolas and Tauriel, but also Bard.
- I wish the feature author could have read the 2 excellent articles by TORn staffers about Thranduil if indeed the character chart on the last page is based on his perception. But if it is information provided by the studios or PJ's people... GAH!

What do you think, Fellow Thralls?

Bonus: accompanying LotR feature here.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 26 2014, 9:02am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 9:09am

Post #142 of 209 (3117 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art: Thranduil in plaid and jeans [In reply to]  

Hurhur... here (TORn is not loading images right now)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 9:13am

Post #143 of 209 (3115 views)
Shortcut
     A small farnie which made me think of the Graham McTavish quote [In reply to]  

here

Laugh

=======

mariel
Lorien

Oct 26 2014, 11:47am

Post #144 of 209 (3141 views)
Shortcut
     New photo [In reply to]  

Is this from another magazine/book?

VValar
Gondor

Oct 26 2014, 11:57am

Post #145 of 209 (3113 views)
Shortcut
     SQUEEEEEE!! New photo !!! [In reply to]  

I just checked in to see if there was anything new posted in TA (and yes there was, lots, yay!) and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! That's when I saw this awesome new piccie of Thranduil. What a great find Heart Just how awesome is that hair, not a strand out of place HeartHeart

Now I'm off doing my RL things. See ya in the evening! Smile

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 26 2014, 11:58am

Post #146 of 209 (3116 views)
Shortcut
     Oh and I just noticed it's a clicky too [In reply to]  

You got the hang of making clicky's mariel!

Those eyes......... HeartHeart

VValar
Gondor

Oct 26 2014, 12:00pm

Post #147 of 209 (3096 views)
Shortcut
     Ok last post before I'm off [In reply to]  

LOL!!!! It's hilarious haha. Thanks for posting and I love the way Legolas is the one who warnes his dad. He really takes care of his father's fab Heart

mariel
Lorien

Oct 26 2014, 12:02pm

Post #148 of 209 (3134 views)
Shortcut
     Same without writing and fan art [In reply to]  

both clicky

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 1:21pm

Post #149 of 209 (3073 views)
Shortcut
     mariel, you are a STAR! *thud* [In reply to]  

Thanks for the beautiful new Pretty! and the artHeart

Was just coming in to share the same. But i can answer your question: Pretty! is,taken from the visual companion according to this source, so one of the sources where stn5's bonanza lot that caused the fatal thuddingHeartAngelic

ps: any problems uploading the image? I still can't do so it seems.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 26 2014, 1:23pm)

mariel
Lorien

Oct 26 2014, 1:28pm

Post #150 of 209 (3083 views)
Shortcut
     No, I didn't have any problems with loading them [In reply to]  

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.