Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws Open Door* It's Fiesta Friday!!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 24 2014, 5:05pm

Post #26 of 87 (1425 views)
Shortcut
Chamber of Commerce weather? T and T? [In reply to] Can't Post

I need linguistic help. Evil

Hearing you talk of Little Eruvandi as making his own decisions throws me a bit - in my head, he's still the baby you introduced us to a month ago.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 5:06pm

Post #27 of 87 (1416 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, Jazmine!// [In reply to] Can't Post

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 5:29pm

Post #28 of 87 (1424 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Chamber of Commerce is the group of people in a town who promote business, tourism, people moving to the town, whatever, to improve the town's economy and standard of living. So Chamber of Commerce weather is what you want when you are showing off your city to a business, or other entitiy, thinking of locating there. Really, really nice weather. Not too hot or cold, not rainy or humid. Just right. Laugh

T or T was just me being too lazy to type out "trick or treating".

Actually, it's The Little Gobin who was born only a month ago. Little Eruvande is my older boy. Crazy And yes, time has flown. That's The Little Goblin in my avater at 8 weeks. I posted that pic on Old TORn when Lijuun asked me for a picture of him.

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 24 2014, 5:50pm

Post #29 of 87 (1419 views)
Shortcut
I didn't catch the news about Little Goblin! [In reply to] Can't Post

(belated) Congratulations! :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 6:47pm

Post #30 of 87 (1406 views)
Shortcut
You too Elberbeth [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope life is treating you well x

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 8:38pm

Post #31 of 87 (1406 views)
Shortcut
Next time you need to make it to the North East Coast [In reply to] Can't Post

There's the lovely theatre team of Brethil and DI. There's dernwyn sortof up in New England, Eowyn Penn Woods, Silneldor... uh... Swordhale... who else. Plenty of folks to visit here too! Smile

And I'll make cookies. Cool

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 8:52pm

Post #32 of 87 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Hi Gramma and everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Bit late today. Been reading and avoiding all the paperwork I have for Boy Scouts coming up. I'm good at avoiding. Cool

Our fall has really coming into it's color but we also had some high winds so the prettiest was fleeting. Still, I love the crispness of the air. Tomorrow, oldest daughter will be in town for an appointment so we will go get pumpkins and apple fritters and fresh pressed cider. Oh boy do I look forward to those apple fritters all year long!

Youngest daughter is still into Trick or Treating and her elementary school has a very cute Halloween parade around the grounds every year. It will be my 18th parade and my last there. True to form, she has chosen something off the beaten path for her costume. She is going as Charlie Brown in his ghost costume, complete with all the holes and a T or T bag full of rocks. Gosh how I love that kid! Smile Older kids are too old (much to their dismay) so they will help hand out candy. Hubby will take youngest around wearing his costume - an Iron Man shirt with a light-up arc reactor. He already kind of has the beard (Although I've never been able to get him to trim it into a the same goatee for Halloween) and dark hair (Ok, mostly dark... ) I can see them coming down our road - it's quite a sight.

Tonight is Homecoming and my son will be playing in the band. (Go Band!)

Hmmm.... cider... that sounds kinda good right now. I think I'll hop behind the bar and see if I can dig some out.

Have a great week everyone! Smile

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Ettelewen
Rohan

Oct 24 2014, 9:20pm

Post #33 of 87 (1405 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

My, but it's been a loooong week. Especially heavy workload at my job, and my hubby's business has been swamped lately (but that's a good thing Wink).

Good to see you all! I'll just sit back with a cold beer and enjoy the lovely Autumn afternoon. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow - we keep hoping it's true!

Cheers! *clinks glass*

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 24 2014, 11:28pm

Post #34 of 87 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Wow, what an adventure! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a fabulous time - I'm sure you will. :)

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 24 2014, 11:32pm

Post #35 of 87 (1395 views)
Shortcut
What a gorgeous spring day! [In reply to] Can't Post

We've been pulling out our winter crop, getting the vege beds ready for planting out tomatoes and (a little later) sweetcorn. I've harvested the first artichokes of the season, and we have our usual fine crop of asparagus. The orchard is full of apple- and pear-blossom, and the stone fruit is swelling nicely!

Real-life methode champenoise today For Reasons, so I'll have some virtual, too. :)

Happy weekend, all!

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 25 2014, 12:49am

Post #36 of 87 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Lovely weather all around! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya, gramma. Be sure to sleep once in awhile, by the way. Wink

A great Spring day here, too. Hoping for a nice walk before the sun starts to disappear later.

Well, now I can say something I never thought I would say: I've been to Hobbiton! Oh, what a true wonder it is. I'm hoping to come back in a few days with a picture or two, and some details. It was perfect. Heart

Other than that, things have slowed down dramatically for me here, as it's under a month until I'm home bound. Hoping to explore when I can, and live up my last weeks here. Cannot wait to see everyone at home, either.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Kim
Valinor

Oct 25 2014, 4:02am

Post #37 of 87 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Hi Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to hear you got your furnace all fixed and that you're actually getting heat - hopefully that will be just the thing to help counteract the return of the polar vortex this winter. Got my heating fixed last week too, so I'm all cozy again, and just in time too as the rain and cold have descended. (side note: I was kind of disappointed that the electricians didn't blink an eye or comment at all about my Hobbity decorations, although I don't have quite the collection you do).

We had our first real tornado yesterday in the southwestern part of the state - scary, but no one was injured. And a high wind warning for tomorrow night, so we may get one of our traditional fall windstorms, so I plan to curl up and stay inside. I discovered this week that if you have an Altoid before hot chocolate, it's like peppermint cocoa. And then one of my co-workers informed me that there are all kinds of flavored marshmallows, so I may pick up some peppermint ones this weekend as it's definitely hot chocolate weather. Smile

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:22pm

Post #38 of 87 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Hot chocolate! [In reply to] Can't Post

We had that after supper last night - my eldest mixed up a pot of warmed milk, cocoa power, and just enough sugar to take the bitterness from the cocoa. Served with marshmallows, of course - a cup of cocoa is not complete without them! Laugh

I read about that tornado - that was freaky!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:24pm

Post #39 of 87 (1374 views)
Shortcut
A dream come true! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the magic of it stays with you always!

And you know we're all looking forward to your report on your Middle-earth travels! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:29pm

Post #40 of 87 (1375 views)
Shortcut
Stone fruit? [In reply to] Can't Post

What kind do you have - or do you have several kinds?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:32pm

Post #41 of 87 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Rain? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you in one of the areas that's been experiencing drought this year?

Wish I could send you that Nor'easter we had last week! Laugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:38pm

Post #42 of 87 (1375 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the reminder! [In reply to] Can't Post

I need to pick up more cider at the apple farm today - delicious!

Then make applesauce cookies.

The Charlie Brown ghost - that is so funny, I've never seen a kid make one of those! Peanuts is one of the best cartoons ever, I'm glad our local paper keeps running it (yes, they're printing the Great Pumpkin ones now).

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:39pm

Post #43 of 87 (1375 views)
Shortcut
Apple abundance! [In reply to] Can't Post

What varieties do you grow?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:41pm

Post #44 of 87 (1375 views)
Shortcut
Hi Jazmine! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can just envision those two "pups" chasing leaves! Have a great hike.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2014, 1:45pm

Post #45 of 87 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Ouch. [In reply to] Can't Post

That muscle is a royal pain when it's injured, my sympathy to your wife!

Darkstone, your R&H musical numbers are priceless! Laugh

sherlock
Gondor

Oct 25 2014, 2:39pm

Post #46 of 87 (1380 views)
Shortcut
You just gave me another excuse for [In reply to] Can't Post

not painting. Since my husband died I've been thinking about doing some painting on my own but I am so not the DIY type. Hope your wife is better soon!

sherlock
Gondor

Oct 25 2014, 2:44pm

Post #47 of 87 (1376 views)
Shortcut
My daughter [In reply to] Can't Post

went to a private school & they did the parade around the school every Halloween. The kids and staff often had very creative costumes. I loved it!

sherlock
Gondor

Oct 25 2014, 2:47pm

Post #48 of 87 (1376 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to a festival [In reply to] Can't Post

today and tomorrow I take my granddaughter on a Pirade Boat Ride. Last day of the season to do it so I'm glad we got on the list, Arrrg!

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Oct 25 2014, 3:36pm

Post #49 of 87 (1376 views)
Shortcut
I have 6 trees, all different [In reply to] Can't Post

Bramley Seedling, big apples, good for pies, applesauce
Spartan, excellent eating apples
Jonagold, also big, good eating
Gravenstein, good for everything
Tydeman Red, the earliest ripening, very nice eating apple
A MacIntosh cross, unable to find out what it was crossed with, has lots of apples but are relatively small.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Oct 25 2014, 6:32pm

Post #50 of 87 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Hahahahaha! [In reply to] Can't Post

My dad, my uncle and two of my aunts are from Oklahoma. Sounds like they find the place unrecognizable.Sly

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.