Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
MANY assorted character and BTS images in good resolution [potentially spoilery]
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 2:39pm

Post #1 of 31 (1339 views)
Shortcut
MANY assorted character and BTS images in good resolution [potentially spoilery] Can't Post

(ETA: the source site is in Chinese, and apparently the images are new and taken from the Movie Guide and Visual Companion so potential spoiler-alert)

Thanks to. May not all be new, but the Thranduil ones certainly look awesome!Heart And whatever your fancy, Elves, Men, Dwarves, Orcs, even plain old cast and crewLaugh or BTS, there's something for every fan I wager.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Oct 27 2014, 10:27pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 2:50pm

Post #2 of 31 (758 views)
Shortcut
Some "confirmations" [In reply to] Can't Post

• all of Bard's kids survive the attack
  • Alfrid survives and reaches Dale

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

adt100
Rohan

Oct 23 2014, 2:52pm

Post #3 of 31 (725 views)
Shortcut
Some awesome pics there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Oct 23 2014, 3:14pm

Post #4 of 31 (668 views)
Shortcut
And Gandalf with Radagast's staff in one picture? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 3:57pm

Post #5 of 31 (591 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, so awesome duplicate threads are sprouting // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Oct 23 2014, 4:05pm

Post #6 of 31 (617 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil's battle armor is amazing (pic inside) [In reply to] Can't Post

http://img5.douban.com/...public/p20225459.jpg

dubulous
Rohan

Oct 23 2014, 4:19pm

Post #7 of 31 (610 views)
Shortcut
The power of the three [In reply to] Can't Post

I love that shot of Elrond! I wonder if the "Power of the Three" reference in his pic is a clue that the three rings will be used in Dol Guldur?

Also nice to see a new pic of Galadriel.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 5:09pm

Post #8 of 31 (540 views)
Shortcut
Of course they do! [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ's not going to kill off CHILDREN! I actually have a theory about that. There was a rumor before DOS came out that Tauriel would heal a child. Well, if you watch the Orc attack on Bard's house you'll see that Sigrid takes a pretty good blow from an Orc that knocks her onto a bench, right before Fili charges in and saves her. Every time I see that I think, that sword should have cut her in half, which makes me think that originally SHE was the "child" that Tauriel heals. IF that's the case, then PJ must have decided that even an older child would be too much, and changed it to a young dwarf instead. That's just IMO.

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 9:45pm

Post #9 of 31 (448 views)
Shortcut
I did say thank you tho [In reply to] Can't Post

And it IS much appreciated, no better way to start the day than visions of LEATHER and CHAIN MAILLE and guess there was a Hobbit involved in there. Someplace.Evil

(This post was edited by Avandel on Oct 23 2014, 9:46pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:22am

Post #10 of 31 (409 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil is amazing, period! But did anyone notice... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the bluish liquid on his sword in the image? Lower right corner. Doesn't look viscous enough to be blood, and it's too light to be orkish bodily liquids. Any theories as to what it could be?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:24am

Post #11 of 31 (405 views)
Shortcut
So does... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elrond in armour means he's providing the muscle while Galadriel dish out the hocus pocus?

One thing that bugs me is where is Mr Galadriel in all this? Just minding the house while Wifey has a TWC night's out with the rest of the boys?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:26am

Post #12 of 31 (397 views)
Shortcut
Yes, thank stn5 for sharing // [In reply to] Can't Post

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 1:55pm

Post #13 of 31 (361 views)
Shortcut
Noticed the quotes for images of Tauriel vs Kili [In reply to] Can't Post

I know there's a separate thread discussing the quote on Tauriel's image from this very site, and there's another one for the dwarves and Bard. But I just want to say it's interesting that given the images are from the same book based on the font and stuff on both, the quote on her image, someone who's an experienced warrior and holding high office in her world, is all about the strange not-quite-here-nor-there nature of her relationship with Kili, while on Kili's image the quote is all about his outgoing adventuresome nature. So much for all the rationale we've been hearing about needing and creating a strong female original character and then giving over a chunk of screentime for her story-arc. Can't change everything eh?

=======

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 2:13pm

Post #14 of 31 (349 views)
Shortcut
Excellent question!!! I hope [In reply to] Can't Post

you are right, and they will be used!... SQUEEEEE of sheer anticipation!!! Cool
And I found Galadriel just delightful in this picture, that I never saw before.

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 2:27pm

Post #15 of 31 (354 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel was known for her athletic prowess too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's see who does what at Dol Guldur...!
As for Celeborn, he is not part of the White Council, nor does he have one the Three to guard, but he does make himself quite useful nevertheless by staying home in her absence on this occasion.
The next time around, at the end of LOTR, he will go out with her to destroy Dol Guldur:

"Three times Lórien had been assailed from Dol Guldur, but the power that dwelt there was too great for any to overcome, unless Sauron had come there himself. When the Shadow passed, Celeborn came forth and led the host of Lórien over Anduin in many boats. They took Dol Guldur, and Galadriel threw down its walls and laid bare its pits, and the forest was cleansed.”

(with my thanks to Girdle of Melian for the quote... Smile)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 2:35pm

Post #16 of 31 (344 views)
Shortcut
How nice! A lovely pic of Galadriel just appeared [In reply to] Can't Post

above, in that round little window showing all the characters in turn.... at the very instant when I clicked to post my comment about her!!! Wonderful wink from her whom I love so much... Thank you, dear Galadriel! Heart

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:35pm

Post #17 of 31 (346 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I know [In reply to] Can't Post

Though, with the penchant for wanting to make sure the world know and remember the LotR-TH connections, I'm surprised they've not squeezed Celeborn onto the DG party list. Plus, surely house-husbands need representation as much as "strong" female characters.Smile

=======

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 2:40pm

Post #18 of 31 (339 views)
Shortcut
One is John Howe's point of view, isn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

This isn't necessarily the same as PJ's and the other writers', I suppose.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:44pm

Post #19 of 31 (336 views)
Shortcut
Just pointing to the authors of the image source [In reply to] Can't Post

not PJ or the writers, as in their choice of quotes.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 24 2014, 2:48pm)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 3:01pm

Post #20 of 31 (337 views)
Shortcut
Why be sarcastic? [In reply to] Can't Post

The fact is that they did NOT. So rather enjoy the nice surprise, and compliment them for that...! Wink

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:10pm

Post #21 of 31 (331 views)
Shortcut
Clearly the smiley is insufficient indication [In reply to] Can't Post

of this dry humour of mine.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 24 2014, 3:20pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:35pm

Post #22 of 31 (330 views)
Shortcut
Very nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is gonna be so much fun. I'm also glad to see some Orc Blood back in these movies.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 25 2014, 3:45am

Post #23 of 31 (296 views)
Shortcut
So sorry then to have misinterpreted it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will try henceforth to remember that what I call 'sarcasm' is for you just 'dry humor', and not to give it much importance when coming from you...! Wink

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 25 2014, 8:13am

Post #24 of 31 (282 views)
Shortcut
Getting quietly excited myself [In reply to] Can't Post

though I don't know... might explode before the premiere at this rateCrazy

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 25 2014, 8:27am

Post #25 of 31 (285 views)
Shortcut
Wow, what a dollop of beyond-dry skin-flaking dessicant accompaniment in your reply [In reply to] Can't Post

Good thing it's nothing if not humidity central around here.

Obviously you did not get the laugh-point, and I sure am not getting if you're being good-natured or personally insulting now. I blame it on the emoticons not doing their job! Cast them all into the fire!

But seriously, something tend to get lost in translation in forums like this, and I don't know you, nor you me. To avoid accidentally muddying the waters further, I say let's leave it at that. With both apologies and thanks as applicable, this will be my last post on this conversation going nowhere.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 25 2014, 8:28am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.