The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DOS EE BTS: Concept and Design of Thranduil's throne [spoiler-free]

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:34am

Post #1 of 7 (794 views)
Shortcut
DOS EE BTS: Concept and Design of Thranduil's throne [spoiler-free] Can't Post

Short but very interesting vid I must say. Alan Lee, John Howe and the craftsfolks weighing in. Bonus: Thranduil's approval makes the dayHeartAngelic

http://my.tv.sohu.com/...53578/75485932.shtml
It's a Chinese website. You might have to wait up to a minute for the ad to finish playing first (check top rightish area for the ad play-time countdown if you must know). If nothing happens after the ad runs, you might want to refresh or try a different browser. (I prefer Mozilla, but find that sometimes simply switching over to IE resolves persistent non-playing vid problems on the Chinese sites)

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Elk2013
The Shire

Oct 24 2014, 3:00am

Post #2 of 7 (453 views)
Shortcut
That vedio is dubbed by our fansub group haha [In reply to] Can't Post

It was just uploaded last night when we, aka a Lee Pace fansub group in China, got the Chinese subtitles done. What a surprise to see it here! You're really good at digging Thrandy up from anywhere, LukerWink
Guess you found it via weibo?

(This post was edited by Elk2013 on Oct 24 2014, 3:02am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:02am

Post #3 of 7 (382 views)
Shortcut
Wow! You guys work fast! [In reply to] Can't Post

The subs are very good too. And no, I'm hopeless at trawling on Chinese sitesEvil Got it off the LP fb pageCool

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 24 2014, 5:00am

Post #4 of 7 (363 views)
Shortcut
OOh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Shippey!

VValar
Gondor

Oct 24 2014, 9:48pm

Post #5 of 7 (225 views)
Shortcut
Trust Lurker to find the new stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Great vid btw, thanks for posting (hadn't seen it before) Smile

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 2:37am

Post #6 of 7 (171 views)
Shortcut
Welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

just stumbled on it by chance really, but it's an interesting BTS at the creative processes.Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 26 2014, 2:38am

Post #7 of 7 (173 views)
Shortcut
totally [In reply to] Can't Post

Was surprised to see him appearing in it but cool stuff

=======

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.