Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XX
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 2:11pm

Post #26 of 209 (6257 views)
Shortcut
     Nice! [In reply to]  

I remember an earlier image of the actual sketchbook but not a proper image scan like this. Great find!

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 2:19pm

Post #27 of 209 (6234 views)
Shortcut
     Eh, I made smaller images here [In reply to]  

cos I'm sure the mods will remove the ones you've got, stn5 - too big and they're hotlinked right?Evil You might want to request mods to replace the ones in your post with these.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 2:40pm

Post #28 of 209 (6228 views)
Shortcut
     PS: stn5, i shared the picture source in a new thread [In reply to]  

too good not toSmile but I credited you properly of courseHeart

=======

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 8:18pm

Post #29 of 209 (6209 views)
Shortcut
     Hey great find [In reply to]  

I saved them and everything. There's so much to save onto my pc right now *does a happy dance* Cool

In Reply To

Yeah I really can't fault anything about it. I know we're all crazy about that amazing hair in combination with that armor Heart And this proves exactly why *THUD* No HTR warning eh? Shocked

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 8:21pm

Post #30 of 209 (6213 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome for the piccie! Can't take my eyes off it [In reply to]  

Those eyes,.. I can't help but finding this poster amazing because of them Heart

And emmmn I think I'm good, just. It's 511x512 so... Angelic
If not I apologize to the mods. At least you all had the opportunity to marvel at it Wink

ltnjmy
Rivendell

Oct 23 2014, 9:13pm

Post #31 of 209 (6208 views)
Shortcut
     Gosh LP looks great in this closeup as Thrandy in Battle [In reply to]  

Hoorah !

PJ better give me a lot of Thrandy screen time, especially due to his skimping in DOS/E.E.Mad

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 9:38pm

Post #32 of 209 (6227 views)
Shortcut
     The deleted Thranduil and Legolas scene [In reply to]  

Thanks to stn5 for posting it in the previous TA thread.

>>> Video <<<

That Elvish from Thranduil ............ Heart Words cannot describe how perfect it is (and not to mention extremely hot) HeartHeart

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 10:24pm

Post #33 of 209 (6182 views)
Shortcut
     Yay close ups of that beautiful black tunic [In reply to]  

LOL at all those hands just wanting to touch it. They look so needy Tongue

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 11:24pm

Post #34 of 209 (6175 views)
Shortcut
     Very cool pics mariel! [In reply to]  

Thanks for posting and linking to HR pictures! Smile

Those black boots on the first piccie aren't the ones he initally wears in DOS right? I'm not a huge fan of those.
*starts to google* found a pic of his boots, they're different http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/...0b85077a7b10bc74.jpg

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 11:35pm

Post #35 of 209 (6160 views)
Shortcut
     *SQUEEEEE* Those are some awesome pictures! [In reply to]  

HeartHeartHeart Wow where did those come from all of the sudden? Shocked

Thranduil looks amazing (as always). The first pics with him wielding his swords looks so epic, he rocks those swords Heart I know it has been said before by many Thralls but I absolutely can't wait to see some live action with those twin swords! *squeeeeee*

And, oh my, those close ups *sigh* Very nice view we get of that armor in the second pic, it's looking so elegant and Thranduil looks so athletic in it HeartHeart And don't even get me started on that perfectly brushed hair Angelic

Lol at that picture of LP standing next to PJ, he looks huge! And he's bending a little as well so imagine the size difference when both stand straight.

Of course I love to see Leggy too. And Tauriel looks good as well, unlike some of the pictures on the banners we've seen of her.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 11:47pm

Post #36 of 209 (6167 views)
Shortcut
     About Tauriel's 'tragic ending' [In reply to]  

As EL has said herself Tauriel's story will have a tragic ending.
I think it probably implies her grieving over Kili, maybe even possible death for her as well though I'm not quite sure of that.

Then I thought about Thranduil's reaction to her insubordination. He would definately not be happy with his captain running off and defying his orders. His mood would certainly have not improved when he finds out she has talked his son into coming with her to Laketown (and not straight back to the palace within two days as we hear him setting the ultimatum while viewing the clip). What kind of reaction do you think you will see from Thranduil when he and Tauriel meet up in BOFA? Maybe he is the reason for her tragic ending, firing her from her duties and send her to live with the Dwarves forever Tongue

Elk2013
The Shire

Oct 24 2014, 2:41am

Post #37 of 209 (6155 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art? [In reply to]  

or cover of some published book?

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:43am

Post #38 of 209 (6181 views)
Shortcut
     DOS EE BTS: Concept and Design of Thranduil's throne [spoiler-free] [In reply to]  

It's on a new thread here since it's only got the few seconds of FINE FINE Thranduil in his black tunic test-driving and gleefully approving the work-in-progress AngelicHeart

But just for fellow Thralls, here are the visualsHeart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 24 2014, 2:44am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:51am

Post #39 of 209 (6131 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art book cover of fan art sketches [In reply to]  

Look in this subthread on the earlier TA thread.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 2:53am

Post #40 of 209 (6169 views)
Shortcut
     Can we talk about it? =) [In reply to]  

I did my little rant... what do fellow Thralls think?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:00am

Post #41 of 209 (6132 views)
Shortcut
     Actually, i have no idea where this will go [In reply to]  

What with the strange meshing of what "lowly" Silvans are capable of with GlorfindelArwen did in LotR. Crazy

As EL has said herself Tauriel's story will have a tragic ending.
I think it probably implies her grieving over Kili, maybe even possible death for her as well though I'm not quite sure of that.

Though with reference to Thranduil's reaction to Tauriel's AWOL, I have a feeling, if what you posit about the "tragic ending" is right, aside from a cursory disapproving glance

it might be a moot point as I imagine Thranduil having no time for court-martial until after the Battle. Evil

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:05am

Post #42 of 209 (6157 views)
Shortcut
     *phew* Good you know the exact dimensions [In reply to]  

cos the OP image that got deleted... I just guesstimated and it seemed to just tread on the wrong side of the guidelines... *shrug*

But yes! GLORY-BE Thranduil!HeartHeartHeart *THUD*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:07am

Post #43 of 209 (6143 views)
Shortcut
     *Hee" stay tuned... I'm just having to find the time and the momentum to put up stuff [In reply to]  

... yes, there is MWOAR!EvilAngelicTongueCoolBlush

In Reply To
Yeah I really can't fault anything about it. I know we're all crazy about that amazing hair in combination with that armor Heart And this proves exactly why *THUD* No HTR warning eh? Shocked

Apologies for the missing warning. though... isn't "Thranduil in armour" a synonym for HTR?Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:14am

Post #44 of 209 (6147 views)
Shortcut
     You'll like this GIF set then [In reply to]  

In Reply To
LOL at all those hands just wanting to touch it. They look so needy Tongue

Giffy Clicky

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:22am

Post #45 of 209 (6129 views)
Shortcut
     Fan edits [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:26am

Post #46 of 209 (6147 views)
Shortcut
     I think it's the lighting [In reply to]  

making the boots look dark? idk... anyone with a line to the royal couturier?Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:30am

Post #47 of 209 (6151 views)
Shortcut
     Another smiley one [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:42am

Post #48 of 209 (6156 views)
Shortcut
     New BotFA poster... not feeling it (con't) [In reply to]  

So from this post... found a fan edit of the poster, with Thranduil togged in that red-plaid casualHeart ... the edit is finger-gesture inappropriate though... so go here for the details.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 3:57am

Post #49 of 209 (6135 views)
Shortcut
     GIF set [In reply to]  

clicky

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 4:01am

Post #50 of 209 (6152 views)
Shortcut
     Small GiF of that black-armour look and LP training [In reply to]  

clicky

Closeup of training

Clicky

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.