Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
!Spoilers from BOFA Visual Guide/Companion books - PR images Thorin, Fili, Kili, Bard - *drool*

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 3:40pm

Post #1 of 12 (1764 views)
Shortcut
!Spoilers from BOFA Visual Guide/Companion books - PR images Thorin, Fili, Kili, Bard - *drool* Can't Post

Kind of a duplicate post but mods please change as needed - wanted to put the images up but I know folks don't want the movie spoiled, or the books spoiled, and are unsure of what to click or not. So for some Heir of Durin love (and Bard)HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart fans, better and larger versions of the Heirs - and Bard, finally - from these

Many many thanks to Lurker's link as for sure I never would have seen this....plz see this thread below w. links for originals and as described has LOTS more goodness. Anyway now I know where these images are popping up fromShocked. I want these books!!!!!Evil

Do NOT look if you don't want Visual Companion etc. book spoilers!!!!!!

Some of these are in circulation anyway on Thorin websites, but better versions! Tho I AM a bit bummed, in that when some of these came out, I thought they would be movie posters, but hafta wait and see if any more posters from WB Unsure

Anyway OMG!!!!!! *Leather and chain maille* TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
Heart
Heart
Heart
Heart
Heart
Heart
Heart

[inline Thorin_book_optre.jpg]

[inline Thorin_book3_opt.jpg]

[inline Thorin_book2_opt.jpg]

[inline Fili_book_opt.jpg]

[inline Kili_book_opt.jpg]

[inline Kili_book2_opt.jpg]

[inline Bard_book_opt.jpg]

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Oct 27 2014, 10:26pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 4:50pm

Post #2 of 12 (854 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Much as I love Thorin, I must say that Bard pic is a winner - and MUCH better looking than the official poster. There's just something wrong with his face, it looks like one of his cheekbones is jutting out and it doesn't really look like him, IMO. In the official poster Bard looks more like Jonathan Rys Myers, IMO. But back to Thorin, uh, "thud!"HeartEvil

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

redgiraffe
Rohan

Oct 23 2014, 6:34pm

Post #3 of 12 (797 views)
Shortcut
*Squeel* [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarven armor! *Passes out*

Oh my god the armor looks so gorgeous. And I loved seeing Dwalin's armor in the appendices at the end. I really hope they wear the armor for a good while during the battle before taking it off. I kind of hope that they won't take it off as it's such awesome armor, but it looks like that's what PJ is probably going to do during the movie. And I think that's fine as their under armor and tunics look really cool too. I just hope PJ has them fighting in their big armor for a good bit of the battle. I'd be disappointed if they only wear it for like five minutes before dropping it. Though I'm sure Jackson won't do that.

There's a lot of things I didn't like about DOS, and I don't know how I will like BOFA. But one things for sure: I absolutely love all of the armor in these films, especially the dwarven armor!!!

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Dwarewien
Rohan

Oct 23 2014, 9:58pm

Post #4 of 12 (708 views)
Shortcut
We can always count on you, Avandel... [In reply to] Can't Post

to provide us with some drool worthy images (not that I do that, or at least I try not to, but sometimes after looking at some of these pictures, I have occasionally forgot what I was doing, so they can be a tad distracting). I particularily like the information boxes on Kili and Fili's images (did you get those from Thorin Oakenshield.net? Just curious, since it seems like something that website would do. I like their Facebook page, although when it comes to Thorin, like is too weak a word). And Thorin in leather and chain maille (I never spell that right)? Why do I have the sudden urge to purchase some rich, dark chocolate (I'm still amazed at how many of us Thorin admirers are also chocoholics. Coincidence? I think not)? And I will be getting these guides (though not necessarily on release day), I just hope they keep the bad stuff to a minimum. The only one I won't be getting is the Annual, since it's more of a kid's guide (but I do take the quizzes, and I always get Thorin! Not necessarily a bad thing).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 10:07pm

Post #5 of 12 (696 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

There's just something wrong with his face, it looks like one of his cheekbones is jutting out....

You are welcome (*SQUUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!* HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart)

SighUnsure - and for me, seeing as it is "Bard the Bowman" would have preferred the last official movie poster (if that is what that release was) had him with a bow. But, looks like there will be a lot of great imagery out Heart - and I am wondering if Bard receives what looks like a very cool sword from the elves - or dwarves? Haven't been able to get a good look at it yet.Tongue

Original: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Hope-471904737

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 10:16pm

Post #6 of 12 (693 views)
Shortcut
*grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

See Lurkers' thread on the images for source link - BUT warning !SPOILERS! as these images seem to be from the Visual Guide or Companion - e.g. I just put up the "PR" few that have been released already in a cropped form for the "Heirs" and Bard. So if you are going to buy those books or don't want BOFA movie spoilers you may or may not want to look at the source.

Me, I prefer to know what I am buying and will definitely be putting book orders in, as well as for the WETA books.

And Thorin FB, Heirs of Durin, and Thorin of Erebor's sites are amazing, as well as some of the Pinterest sites - and other great stuff out there as well. HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 10:22pm

Post #7 of 12 (700 views)
Shortcut
Agree about the armor, definitely [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO WETA has outdone themselves with both armor, and the chain maille, and the leather tunics and gloves. And the incorporation of the dwarf motifs and raven motifs - the triangular studs? and the quilting and woven leather.

Agree that at some point looks like the armor is ditched, but I can't think they would go through that much effort for a walk on? AND - we have yet to see Dain & co. - going to guess that that armor is FIERCE.Tongue

xxxyyy
Rohan

Oct 24 2014, 1:08am

Post #8 of 12 (683 views)
Shortcut
Nobody commenting on the "Power of the Three" on Elrond picture? [In reply to] Can't Post

Does that mean we'll get to know who bears, how they got them and their true powers (I hope healing powers, not destructive ones, of course).
I'm officialy excited.

(This post was edited by xxxyyy on Oct 24 2014, 1:11am)

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 6:53pm

Post #9 of 12 (576 views)
Shortcut
What is Thorin holding in his hands? [In reply to] Can't Post

In the third picture down from the top? It's a piece of cloth or garment of some kind ... is that the mithril shirt?

P.S. Thanks very much for the images, Avandel!

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 7:02pm

Post #10 of 12 (577 views)
Shortcut
It took the "three" to mean [In reply to] Can't Post

Elrond, Saruman and Galadriel, the individuals. Not necessarily their Rings. But I haven't read the article, so I don't know for sure. But either way, I'm excited too Laugh!

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 24 2014, 10:05pm

Post #11 of 12 (535 views)
Shortcut
Not shiny enough, IMO [In reply to] Can't Post

I just noticed Thorin is holding something - he seems to be lost in thought so wondering if it is just some old "man-tunic" or under-tunic he had been wearing? Thinking of how things might have been in Erebor had not fallen - e.g. the armor fits so I am wondering if this belonged to him, and was supposed to be for a coronation one day *sob* if Erebor had not fallen, or maybe even a marriage *sob* and that he is thinking how different things turned out *sigh*.

You are welcome and staring at these new images *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE* HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartWink

Nira
Lorien

Oct 25 2014, 2:39am

Post #12 of 12 (511 views)
Shortcut
Looks like the mithril shirt!!! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.