First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 27 2014, 4:02am

Post #201 of 209 (4582 views)
Shortcut
     I think... [potential spoilers] [In reply to]  

In Reply To
He's extra gorgeous in it, and he's not wearing one of The Usual Expressions. It looks like someone caught him off guard (in a good way) or surprised him.

He's looking perfect in every way, isn't he? Just THUDDEROUS.

I don't believe this is a BTS since it's from the visual companion. Though, I'm thinking did he see something incoming? As in, you know, those great big flapping deux ex machina we all love and expect in ME now? Or maybe it's mothmail time?Heart I do notice his main gauche is drawn though, so he's definitely doing something battle-related or is going to.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 27 2014, 4:11am

Post #202 of 209 (4615 views)
Shortcut
     Well, I've spoiled when I looked in on tumblr this morning [In reply to]  

It's on fire with this spoiler. Frankly, I'm not surprised at the direction PJ's decided to take re the gems, but still, I don't quite know what to think about it. it seems to be such a cliche and in conflict with the mysterious, aloof and unreadable characterisations of an antagonistic anti-hero that PJ and gang seemed to wait to draw for Thranduil. After all that setup, we're going to find Thranduil is just one big love-lorn sentimental? Really? Crazy I want my Thranduil unknowable, dark and cool!

Eh.. wait, so is Mrs Thranduil just going to exist in name only or are we going to get a flashback? Meh, I'd rather they focus on building Thranduil's cred as one of the most fearsomely lethal warriors of ME and leave the mawkish sentimentality out of Thranduil's skin... we've got enough of that in that weird 3-way relationship they've shoved into our face anyway (and why are they adding more plot fluff when they're not even managing that great big fluffy ball well??), as in LA-flashback dammit!

But thanks, stn5. Good find.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 27 2014, 4:19am

Post #203 of 209 (4581 views)
Shortcut
     Proportions and Elf Armour [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Heh Thranduil just strutting in his raincoat with his big (wow that looks even taller in that pic) sword. PJ really does appear of Hobbit size next to this amazingly tall Elf.

That's a fact nowLaugh

As for that awesome sword, LP did say it's the length of his leg, so yeahHeartAngelic

In Reply To
Re the different armor of the Elves, I guess the Silvan Elves got an upgrade with their armor after the Battle of the first Alliance, eh? Good thinking Thranduil, don't want a repeat of what happend there and lots of Elves dying because of light armor. I'm liking the distinction they gave the different Elves. You clearly recognize the Noldor Elves with their golden armor, the Lothlorien Elves with their white fletched arrows contrasting against the slightly darker colored armor, and now we get to see the Silvan Elves in their armor. Exciting! How about the Sindar Elves and their armor? We all know what Thranduil's looks like (to die for, and not just figuratively, them Orcs be dying like flies), all silver and black, and hot and smoking Heart Do you think those were the Sindar colors for all their armor, or are these reserved just for the Sindar royals?

Good observation about the Silvan armoury upgrade. I do think so. Thranduil's not going to let history repeat itself. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, again, why I don't think Thranduil is treasure-crazy for treasure's sake. Those upgrades aren't happening spontaneously. They got to be paid for.

On the question of armour colour/themes for Sindar/Sindar royal. Sounds like a question for vanimaSmile But meantime, my take is: Who knows? As in, we don't know what Sindar armour looks like really. Well, unless we get a glimpse of Celeborn's togs. But he'd be a royal too, so again, we won't know the answer.CrazySmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 27 2014, 4:21am

Post #204 of 209 (4596 views)
Shortcut
     Fleeting images [In reply to]  

Yeah, you see the awesome backview of his golden locks in quite a few frames at the beginning eh? Nice. Thanks for sharing.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 27 2014, 4:22am

Post #205 of 209 (4600 views)
Shortcut
     hmm.. nice [In reply to]  

So looks like I should get a poster of Mirkwood and put it right where I can stare at it as I drift off to sleep.

And I got the reference... Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 27 2014, 4:26am

Post #206 of 209 (4584 views)
Shortcut
     LoL at Grumpy Elrond's wit, though I wouldn't ask Thranduil [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Or we could just ask Thranduil how to get rid of a prison full of Dwarves Angelic

He wouldn't want the security breach to be publicised. Though, it's solely the Hobbit's credit the Dwarves got out Laugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 27 2014, 5:58am

Post #207 of 209 (4556 views)
Shortcut
     *snerkles* these two, it will never end, will it? [In reply to]  

I like how the table's turned as to the PoV of these 2 in it. Nice, find, VValar!

And you know, there's already fan edits with some rather suggestive lines and innuendo just in the choice of certain images from the EE, especially the ones where Thranduil is smiling.

People just can't resist throwing Elf and Dwarf together:

Though the amusing, and vindicative thing was, right below it on tumblr when I was viewing it, was this set of images (already appropriately language self-censored by the source, but well, what do i know about sensibility these days). What a righteous repartee, don't you think? Go you, Thranduil! That's telling the disagreeable dwarf! SmileTongueCoolLaugh

=======

mariel
Lorien

Oct 27 2014, 9:43am

Post #208 of 209 (4552 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks as always [In reply to]  

For putting in the time and effort to treat the rest of us. It is always something I look forward to. You are amazingly organised!

Heart

Btw, ref the very last one in this post. Didn't do it for me, but then I suppose we all have our own ideas of what characters look like and it will be different for every one of us

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 27 2014, 10:19am

Post #209 of 209 (4558 views)
Shortcut
     Over 200? Already? [In reply to]  

Well, you Thralls have certainly been quite busy!

But then, this Board has been so busy, this is now on page...uh...wayback...

Time for TA XXI! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.