The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Extras on Itunes

JamesPaganini
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 3:58pm

Post #1 of 18 (2979 views)
Shortcut
Extras on Itunes Can't Post

I was just wondering how you can download the extras of the extended edition on itunes? I have downloaded the actual film but can't seem to access the extras.

Not all those who wander are Lost

Darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

Bofur01
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 3:59pm

Post #2 of 18 (2654 views)
Shortcut
They're only stream able now, so you can't download them. // [In reply to] Can't Post

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Oct 22 2014, 4:00pm

Post #3 of 18 (2659 views)
Shortcut
The extras are only streaming [In reply to] Can't Post

and are not able for downloading, at least in my case

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

JamesPaganini
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 4:01pm

Post #4 of 18 (2657 views)
Shortcut
Where can I stream them? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not all those who wander are Lost

Darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 4:04pm

Post #5 of 18 (2662 views)
Shortcut
Have the same problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I forget the OTHER THING you have to do once you are in I-tunes, but you do have to stream. I may just wait for my disks.......no wonder getting the EE was (I thought) cheap compared to the disks.

Anyway, I am not logged into I-tunes but get into your account and somewhere in your purchases list is little tiny text telling you where to go - may be through the store.....):

(This post was edited by Avandel on Oct 22 2014, 4:05pm)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Oct 22 2014, 4:04pm

Post #6 of 18 (2659 views)
Shortcut
First of all install the new version of Itunes. [In reply to] Can't Post

Then,go to your library and you will see the option extras on the DOS title.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 4:13pm

Post #7 of 18 (2647 views)
Shortcut
Help plz [In reply to] Can't Post

I see the title w. an image, but tabs are unwatched, movies, genres, Home Videos, and List?

No options?

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Oct 22 2014, 8:26pm

Post #8 of 18 (2560 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just play the movie and next to the chapters button on the bottom should be Special Features. If it's not their, you're either not on the most recent version of iTunes or your country's version of the film doesn't come with the extras. Does it say iTunes Extras on the store you bought it from?

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 9:04pm

Post #9 of 18 (2541 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for your post - nope [In reply to] Can't Post

What you describe just isn't there, and I've downloaded i-tunes twice, copied the .itdb files into the same folder as the film as suggested on the "community", rebooted - did some looking around the 'net and evidently this is a common complaint for Windows users all the way back to 2011 - e.g. the extras don't download properly, or they don't run, described as a reported bug that Apple continues to ignore...

So now I have an e-mail into the store, because I purchased a product that has 1/2 of what is supposed to be there. Thank you for at least pointing me to where things are supposed to be. IMO it should not be this difficult and I am po'd. MadFrown But at least the film itself works fine - this is what I get tho for not just waiting for disks *sigh*.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Oct 22 2014, 9:19pm

Post #10 of 18 (2535 views)
Shortcut
I will try to help as much as i can. [In reply to] Can't Post

1)Open itunes

2)First alternative:Go to "My movies".If that doesn't appear at all after opening itunes press alt key and it should appear.

Second alternative:Go to "My Library".There appear all the files you have downloaded from itunes.In your case i believe only the DOS file will be there since it is the only thing you have downloaded from itunes.

3)You will notice then the option Extras on a dark grey font after the title.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 10:10pm

Post #11 of 18 (2522 views)
Shortcut
Thank you - no options! [In reply to] Can't Post

As invisible as the Ring made Bilbo. But if need be will e-mail again, and dispute charge - that should get their attention Unsure

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Oct 23 2014, 12:16am

Post #12 of 18 (2501 views)
Shortcut
ack [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
What you describe just isn't there, and I've downloaded i-tunes twice, copied the .itdb files into the same folder as the film as suggested on the "community", rebooted - did some looking around the 'net and evidently this is a common complaint for Windows users all the way back to 2011 - e.g. the extras don't download properly, or they don't run, described as a reported bug that Apple continues to ignore...

So now I have an e-mail into the store, because I purchased a product that has 1/2 of what is supposed to be there. Thank you for at least pointing me to where things are supposed to be. IMO it should not be this difficult and I am po'd. MadFrown But at least the film itself works fine - this is what I get tho for not just waiting for disks *sigh*.

Sorry this is not working for you. I never knew the difficulties Windows users have with iTunes. I hope they can fix that for you. The iTunes support have been terrific with me I heard in back in about 12 hours. If this is not fixed, keep emailing.

... on the other side of tomorrow...

(This post was edited by Bard'sBlackArrow on Oct 23 2014, 12:17am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 12:33am

Post #13 of 18 (2491 views)
Shortcut
Sigh - thanks for hint to keep e-mailing [In reply to] Can't Post

But the movie works fine, thankfully....if I could have I would have gone with Amazon tho. Not that they have given me a ship date yet for my collector set and don't know what is up with that - what, they didn't make enough figures? UnsureFrown

Arvida
The Shire

Oct 23 2014, 2:48am

Post #14 of 18 (2492 views)
Shortcut
Check if SD or HD version [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems like only the HD version shows the "iTunes extras" so if you purchased the SD version they might not have been included from the get-go. :(

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 4:02am

Post #15 of 18 (2482 views)
Shortcut
oh, it is the HD version [In reply to] Can't Post

There is even a thumbnail in the store view below the trailer thumbnail - I even clicked to purchase again and was happily informed that I had already downloaded the file.

Thank you for the suggestions - guessing this is just a glitch but seems to be something Apple should have fixed by now - otherwise, obviously, they are going to lose a potential customer.Mad

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Bofur01
Lorien

Oct 23 2014, 6:47am

Post #16 of 18 (2450 views)
Shortcut
Phone their support... [In reply to] Can't Post

...over the phone they're normally just as good.

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 23 2014, 3:37pm

Post #17 of 18 (2426 views)
Shortcut
let me see if I can help. [In reply to] Can't Post

Avandel, I'm determined to help you get this working. I have a bit of work I need to wrap up for a client over the next 20 minutes, then I'll boot out of OSX and into Windows 7, update my iTunes (I haven't used Windows in ages), and see what I can see. Will let you know!

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 23 2014, 5:12pm

Post #18 of 18 (2420 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

So, that actually took an hour between Windows 7 crashing on me and not being able to boot for 30 minutes, then having to install iTunes and wait 20 minutes for it to read my iTunes library from my Mac hard drive... very frustrating.

In any case, I'm afraid I probably won't be much help to you. All you should have to do once you have the film downloaded is click the play button. Once it loads up, you should see the menu screen of the film (with Bag End behind it), an option to play on the left, an option for special features in the middle, and an option for audio choices on the right. If that's not showing up, I'd suggest deleting your download, emptying it from your recycle bin, and then starting the download again. You don't actually have to download the entire film to view the extras, you just have to start it; once you've done so, you can click on the cover art for the film in your library, then click the play button from there. That will let you view the extras, even if the film isn't ready. Hope that's helpful!

Also, the download isn't actually cheap at all compared to the Blu-rays; the standard Blu-ray + Ultraviolet is $20 on Amazon, which is the same price.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.