Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Fellow comic book fans, prepare yourselves. Here's the Offical Age of Ultron Teaser Trailer

tsmith675
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 1:40am

Post #1 of 16 (938 views)
Shortcut
Fellow comic book fans, prepare yourselves. Here's the Offical Age of Ultron Teaser Trailer Can't Post

Direct link to video:
http://youtu.be/tmeOjFno6Do

And they also released the official teaser poster:
http://www.comingsoon.net/...ienews.php?id=124335

This was supposed to come out next Tuesday, but it was leaked early today, so I suppose they just decided to release it now.

Our destiny lies above us.

(This post was edited by tsmith675 on Oct 23 2014, 1:41am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 23 2014, 2:20am

Post #2 of 16 (845 views)
Shortcut
I love how Marvel blamed the leak on Hydra. :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Joe20
Lorien

Oct 23 2014, 3:16am

Post #3 of 16 (852 views)
Shortcut
Wasn't that hyped for this [In reply to] Can't Post

prior to watching the trailer. More into Star Wars VII and Batman vs. Superman. But now I'm totally on board.

There are NO STRINGS ON ME!!

So good.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 23 2014, 4:38am

Post #4 of 16 (851 views)
Shortcut
I had no idea Andy Serkis was going to be in this. [In reply to] Can't Post

And nobody seems to know who/what he is playing....but he got a shot in the trailer. Shall we speculate?

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dûm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 7:46am

Post #5 of 16 (833 views)
Shortcut
It looks very interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope it is better than the mediocre first part.

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 7:49am

Post #6 of 16 (847 views)
Shortcut
I am starting to be really bored by Marvel. [In reply to] Can't Post

But whatever.

Certainly shows what an impact a teaser can have if it is for a hyped and buzzed franchise. Won't be seeing this kind of reaction for the Bot5A trailer.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

phij2
Rivendell

Oct 23 2014, 1:51pm

Post #7 of 16 (827 views)
Shortcut
aaaaaaahhhh.... [In reply to] Can't Post

sooooo excited Laugh

cannot wait, i just ... ack....

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 23 2014, 5:28pm

Post #8 of 16 (816 views)
Shortcut
I've given up on X-Men [In reply to] Can't Post

after that last waste-of-time film - I just don't care about any of those characters anymore. I *do* care about the Avengers, although this trailer doesn't do anything for me.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Annael
Immortal

Oct 23 2014, 6:12pm

Post #9 of 16 (812 views)
Shortcut
I too am done with the X-Men, especially Wolverine [In reply to] Can't Post

and honestly, the Hulk bores me, and the second Iron Man movie was a waste . . . but I am far from being disenchanted with Thor & Loki or with the Cap, and I want more Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Falcon.

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 23 2014, 7:14pm

Post #10 of 16 (806 views)
Shortcut
io9.com has a shot-by-shot breakdown and speculation on who Serkis is playing [In reply to] Can't Post

http://io9.com/...eveals-sp-1649782452

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 23 2014, 7:22pm

Post #11 of 16 (802 views)
Shortcut
I can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really like what Joss Whedon did with the first Avengers movie, especially Bruce Banner/Hulk. He and Mark Ruffalo took that character on a bit of a different tangent that I really enjoyed. I love Black Widow and I hope they follow through with the promise to make her a movie. My daughter is a big Hawkeye fan. Her Renaissance Festival costume was a cross between Assasins Creed and Hawkeye. (And boy am I proud of that costume pattern mash up - 3 different patterns used for one tunic.)

I've liked all of the franchise movies (Ironman 2 the least but I still liked it) but I admit to having a soft spot for Cap. Seeing his shield cracked in two... Unsure well, now I know they will be messing with my emotions in this one.

It will be interesting to see the two new characters - Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver given who they are supposed to be in the canon universe. It does set up what may be the civil war-themed storyline that was rumored. I think that storyline will break my heart though.

Since Paul Bettany is to play The Vision, does anyone think they will make a connection between Jarvis and Vision? I don't think there ever one was before but Jarvis is "dead" at the end of Iron Man 3 so they could rewrite a bit of history and have Tony Stark recreate Jarvis as Vision, the android. I don't know how I feel about that though.

As for the character Andy Serkis plays, I'm at a loss. Sea-faring by the looks of him... maybe a captain? ... but then I'm not up on the whole of the Marvel Universe. I looked some things up on the Marvel Wiki and all I could come up with is Namor. In the Golden Age Marvel, his mother came from Atlantis and his father was the captain of an icebreaker ship. He's teamed with Cap and Bucky and is sort of an anti-hero/hero.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 23 2014, 7:40pm

Post #12 of 16 (813 views)
Shortcut
io9 thinks Serkis is playing.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ulysses Klaw

link to article in my earlier post.

Most people (including myself [writer: Meredith Woerner] and great friend Chris Radtke) all seem to believe that this is the first look at Ulysses Klaw, and not just because of that excellent beard (but it certainly does help out case). First the elusive, indestructible material vibranium has long been rumored to be a big part of Avengers 2, and Klaw's story is deeply tied to the mining and hoarding of vibranium. This is what Ultron and his robot army are allegedly made of. And in order to build an army of vibranium robots, Ultron would need A LOT of vibranium... like a whole fleet of ships' worth (article then refers to earlier screenshot of lots of ships).

comparative image

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 23 2014, 7:41pm)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2014, 2:49am

Post #13 of 16 (794 views)
Shortcut
well! [In reply to] Can't Post

I, for one, refuse to fall into the cynical "so done with Marvel" point of view...

I have enjoyed every single one of these films, some more than others, but that's the way books and films go. They are stories, they are art, and different things resonate with different people for different reasons.

This series of films, so far, has given us action, adventure (a Jedi might not crave these things but I do), some interesting ideas to chew on (pretty much all of Winter Soldier), great characters (I'm sorry, I'm having a chrises) and HUMOR... which the last X Men sorely lacked.

Carry on Marvel, you are a worthy wielder of Mjolnir.

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 9:38am

Post #14 of 16 (788 views)
Shortcut
Viewing numbers [In reply to] Can't Post

It is just crazy... 23.3 Mio views in 30 hours.

Battle of the Five Armies teaser - which was the most watched trailer/teaser of Q3 2014 - has 18 Mio views in 3 months.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 24 2014, 9:38am)

tsmith675
Gondor

Oct 24 2014, 3:49pm

Post #15 of 16 (792 views)
Shortcut
Yeah this is one of the most hyped movie of all time [In reply to] Can't Post

When the trailers come out for Star Wars Episode VII and Batman v Superman, they'll be similar.

Our destiny lies above us.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 28 2014, 5:28pm

Post #16 of 16 (767 views)
Shortcut
I'm just thrilled that he's in it!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.