The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New BOTFA Poster
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Carne
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2014, 7:26pm

Post #26 of 67 (716 views)
Shortcut
With all these posters there's bound to be a trailer soon [In reply to] Can't Post

Friday is my guess.

dubulous
Rohan

Oct 22 2014, 7:40pm

Post #27 of 67 (666 views)
Shortcut
I like it [In reply to] Can't Post

For a floating head type of ensemble poster I think it's pretty good. I wish we'd get a similar one of the Dol Guldur action.

Farficom
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 7:43pm

Post #28 of 67 (655 views)
Shortcut
I agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm lukewarm on some of these because I feel like they have been done before. One of Legolas's images was a total rehash.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 7:45pm

Post #29 of 67 (689 views)
Shortcut
Certainly in the next few days! [In reply to] Can't Post

This poster specifically is very much a "theatrical" poster. Meaning it will be the main marketing poster for the film,. It therefore indicates that the trailer has been made and rated, so expect the rating and length by tomorrow.

Getting exciting now.

Amigo
Bree

Oct 22 2014, 7:47pm

Post #30 of 67 (657 views)
Shortcut
Yes, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's worth nothing that the theatrical poster from ROTK was basically made up of images that had been used before.

Aragorn was from the ROTK video game cover.

Gandalf was from a previous teaser poster.

Frodo was an image from a calendar that had come out earlier that year.

Gollum was from a promotional still from TTT.

It still turn out to be a good poster.

Speak "friend" and enter.

(This post was edited by Amigo on Oct 22 2014, 7:55pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 7:55pm

Post #31 of 67 (702 views)
Shortcut
Bwaaaaaahhhhh they are kidding......this is just a temp poster right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sigh....OK, so I guess better make sure I have an account with Jerry Vanderstelt Shocked

Maybe the high res will be better, but this looks like the poster "where everyone is looking to the distance" probably at a passing blimp or something.

My first thought was that 1) Bilbo's head is HUGE; 2) Smaug looks like a cat inquisitively waiting for Thorin to open the can of food; 3) Gandalf looks like he downed a bottle of soda too fast; 4) Thorin looks beautiful and introspective, probably thinking about all the fan mail he needs to get to; 5) At least Thranduil is like, doing something - and am I seeing REHASH??? AND WHERE FOR ART THOU DWARVES?????????!!!!!!!!!!MadMadMadMadMadMadMad

“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” brings to an epic conclusion the adventures of Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield and the Company of Dwarves.

*Puts head down on desk and sobs "but it is the last film, the last light.....this should have been the most jaw-dropping ever...."

adt100
Rohan

Oct 22 2014, 9:01pm

Post #32 of 67 (615 views)
Shortcut
I understand the use of 'floating head' posters in modern cinema, but never really love them. [In reply to] Can't Post

The only official theatrical poster I really liked of all 6 films was FOTR. TTT was frankly hideous and whilst the bottom section of this poster is good, the top half is a bit of a mess. I hope it's not the final poster!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 22 2014, 9:04pm

Post #33 of 67 (630 views)
Shortcut
Love it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Floating head posters bring back happy memories of the LOTR-days. It looks great.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 9:20pm

Post #34 of 67 (608 views)
Shortcut
In..looking @ it Closely (250%) [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwalin Center UPSTAGE
Thorin Downstage Foreground & Yes,

... Fili & Kil are RIGHT there to his right
@ Least it seems SSOooo..

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 9:33pm

Post #35 of 67 (586 views)
Shortcut
For floating heads - okay. [In reply to] Can't Post

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Amigo
Bree

Oct 22 2014, 9:45pm

Post #36 of 67 (579 views)
Shortcut
The final trailer will likely be attached to "Interstellar" on November 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm betting that it will be online shortly before that, probably sometime next week. I wouldn't expect it to arrive this weekend.

Kendalf
Rohan

Oct 22 2014, 9:56pm

Post #37 of 67 (546 views)
Shortcut
I'm with you, DanielLB [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably my favourite Hobbit poster so far Smile

"I have walked there sometimes, beyond the forest and up into the night. I have seen the world fall away and the white light of forever fill the air."

Vila
The Shire

Oct 22 2014, 9:58pm

Post #38 of 67 (613 views)
Shortcut
The poster in HD [In reply to] Can't Post

Here the poster in very high resolution, from El Anillo Único:

http://elanillounico.com/...lbdlce-poster19b.jpg

Dwarewien
Rohan

Oct 22 2014, 10:01pm

Post #39 of 67 (538 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't mind owning this poster... [In reply to] Can't Post

since it's the only one that's not depressing. As long as Thorin's on it (and I don't mind him being close to the top. Didn't they do a similar thing with Aragorn on the official RotK poster), that's good enough for me. I'm also glad that the Elves seem to be more in the middle, since the one issue I had with some of the DoS marketing was that it focused a little too much on the Elves (sure the Hobbit may have Elves, but they're not the main focus. It's a story of Bilbo helping thirteen dwarves reclaim their kingdom of Erebor from a certain fire drake from the north). This is similar to some of the LotR posters that have the good guys on top (with the exception of Smaug, of course) and the baddies on the bottom. I like to keep an open mind about these things, because you can't possibly like it if you tear it to pieces, since you're finding too many faults with it. Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 10:12pm

Post #40 of 67 (543 views)
Shortcut
Ooh HD! Can Make out more [In reply to] Can't Post

The dwarves with Thorin are Dwalin, Fili, Kili and Dori. Dori's a interesting choice, would have imagined Balin or Bofur or Gloin.

Both standard Hunter Orcs and the armored variety are present and the troll looks like it might be somewhere between the Stone Trolls and the Mordor Trolls.

I was going to say something clever about how Azog appears twice, and it must be by accident, compleetly ignoring the fact there is already two Thorins!

Yes, my username is terrible.

Amigo
Bree

Oct 22 2014, 10:44pm

Post #41 of 67 (547 views)
Shortcut
And here's all of the floating head posters together :) [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/MovieWes/middleearth2.png?t=1414017394

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 10:45pm

Post #42 of 67 (486 views)
Shortcut
As do I. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 10:55pm

Post #43 of 67 (481 views)
Shortcut
Could be Dain [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's a great poster. The troll looks suitably fearsome.
That could be Dain behind Fili and Kili by the way, don't you think? He has a helmet on which I don't think the dwarves of the company have, and he appears to have red hair.
If it's not him then maybe Gloin, who found some different armour?

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 11:05pm

Post #44 of 67 (489 views)
Shortcut
Why's there no date?? [In reply to] Can't Post

It just says "Coming Soon". I hope it hasn't been delayed.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 11:09pm

Post #45 of 67 (491 views)
Shortcut
Wow, a troll!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the trolls, so this is exciting Smile He looks like an armoured cave troll to me.

Amigo
Bree

Oct 22 2014, 11:15pm

Post #46 of 67 (483 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't worry about it [In reply to] Can't Post

The other BOTFA one-sheet, with Bilbo holding out his sword, also said "Coming Soon" on it instead of the release date, but the character banners that were released after that one have all said December 17 on them.

MJM
The Shire

Oct 23 2014, 12:43am

Post #47 of 67 (463 views)
Shortcut
Is that poster for An Unexpected Journey... [In reply to] Can't Post

Really an official poster? Or is it fan made?

leonmuse
Rivendell

Oct 23 2014, 1:38am

Post #48 of 67 (457 views)
Shortcut
Oh my god! [In reply to] Can't Post

These reused images are starting to annoy me.

It's like they don't want to spoil the movie even if it means recycling everything from past movies.

Kim
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 1:52am

Post #49 of 67 (434 views)
Shortcut
Oooh, thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty cool, but I have to admit, it really bugs me when they flip an image and it's really obvious - Thorin is not left handed. Crazy

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

delius82
Rivendell

Oct 23 2014, 2:00am

Post #50 of 67 (422 views)
Shortcut
Too much stuff loaded on top of itself.. [In reply to] Can't Post

..That's my reaction to this poster.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.