Magestic Thorin Appreciation Thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

NateGate
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 4:33pm

Post #1 of 61 (2565 views)
Shortcut
Magestic Thorin Appreciation Thread Can't Post

Why haven't there been one of these yet? Or maybe I'm mistaken, all I know is Thrandy is getting buttloads of appreciation while The King Under the Mountain sits on the sidelines and sulks. No longer!!! HeartHeart

(This post was edited by NateGate on Oct 22 2014, 4:34pm)

Azaghâl
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 4:47pm

Post #2 of 61 (2185 views)
Shortcut
I hear you! [In reply to] Can't Post

The lord of the silver fountains may have been in exile, but soon the rivers will flow with gold like in the olden days.

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 5:34pm

Post #3 of 61 (2169 views)
Shortcut
Thorin Appreciation threads [In reply to] Can't Post

There have certainly been Thorin Appreciation threads before, but it's been awhile and the Thranduil has been much more active lately. Still, I appreciate Thorin VERY MUCH!!!HeartEvil

And I've collected a fair amount of Thorin images, but so far have only managed to upload ONE pic to TORn - and it's not Thorin, but it's close, let's see if I can do it again:

You're welcome!

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 5:44pm

Post #4 of 61 (2150 views)
Shortcut
Thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I find this to be an odd pic. of RA – it looks as though it has been heavily retouched. Seems to be the way these days – to take away character from people's faces. In reality, as a mature male RA certainly does have character lines on his face.

Thanks for posting it, nonetheless

mariel
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 6:35pm

Post #5 of 61 (2141 views)
Shortcut
For Thorin fans [In reply to] Can't Post

clickies

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 7:04pm

Post #6 of 61 (2112 views)
Shortcut
It's a selfie [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I find this to be an odd pic. of RA – it looks as though it has been heavily retouched. Seems to be the way these days – to take away character from people's faces. In reality, as a mature male RA certainly does have character lines on his face.

Thanks for posting it, nonetheless

Not sure if you can retouch those - but it occurred to me that he might be wearing stage makeup, as this was apparently taken on his current movie set. There's alot of light on his face, too, which also makes me think he was in the studio.

But I could be entirely wrong - maybe it's a fake selfie!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 7:08pm

Post #7 of 61 (2111 views)
Shortcut
THANKS! "squeee!" [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think I've seen that first pic before - must add that to my "collection" (well THAT'S not creepy at all, is it?)HeartEvil Celebrity Cyber-stalking is what I do bestest, LOL!Cool

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 7:30pm

Post #8 of 61 (2110 views)
Shortcut
LOL NateGate you have ESP [In reply to] Can't Post

Because I was just watching a bit of the EE and listening to my brain cells *FRY* Shocked watching Thorin *cough* but will try to scrape some intelligence together - so I will PS my own post, probablyCool.

For the moment, yes, there have been some Thorin Appreciation threads including the image-lard thread:
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=768954;search_string=Thorin%20Appreciation;#768954 in August but I try to not to repost images and also Thorin is talked a lot about anyway, either himself or behavior with other characters.

And LOL it is tough to top the websites and FB pages - Thorin_of_Erebor, Thorin FB, Heirs of Durin, international FB pages...and too, there are folks who don't want to be spoiled avoiding certain boards.

But for now, I could fill up books on my favorite character, how inspirational I find the character, RA's extraordinary, magnificent, multi-dimensional, heart-gouging, more-than-I-ever could have imagined performance as Thorin, and how the replay buttons on various devices are getting worn down, how much I love to watch Thorin interacting with Bilbo HeartHeartHeart and his Heirs and the Company and just about anyone or anything, really. Seriously, if Thorin is onscreen, people just need to MOVE out of my view Evil.

RA's Thorin is a gift to the world - you can keep your garden gnomes in the garden, IMO.

PS. Thorin isn't sulking, he's having a quiet smoke at Beorn's because he knows the minute he steps out, there are LEGIONS of his fans who will be following him to Erebor *grins* it's good to be king.HeartHeartHeart

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 7:32pm

Post #9 of 61 (2101 views)
Shortcut
I don't care those eyes are like sapphires backlit by the GLOW of STARS [In reply to] Can't Post

Beautiful.HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart Caribbean blue - talk about the windows of the soul.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 8:51pm

Post #10 of 61 (2080 views)
Shortcut
quicky 'shop new poster [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool #Majestic

Dwarewien
Rohan

Oct 22 2014, 10:41pm

Post #11 of 61 (2055 views)
Shortcut
I was seriously considering starting a new one myself... [In reply to] Can't Post

since there's no way I'm posting in an appreciation thread for a character that I don't even care for (not even if there are pictures of Thorin in said thread). And you spelt "majestic" wrong, mate. You may want to get the mods to correct that for you (unless of course, you did that on purpose). And I love your new avatar! I've only changed mine four times (all of Thorin, of course) and my signature once. One note: Even though I feel the same way about Thorin as the rest of you throngs of female admirers (as well as some male ones), I will not be using the heart smiley, since I just don't express my feelings in that way (not even in high school), I'm more secretive about it. And you can count on Avandel to provide tons of images (did your computer crash yet). I'm trying to avoid the spoiler threads for the Extended Edition to DoS (but sometimes I look anyways), since I have the DVD on pre-order (I was surprised that my local bookstore kiosk had it, since I thought that I would have to make a trip to Walmart in a few weeks), since I'd rather own the physical copy (while they still have them) than the digital download. And I'm loving the official poster, since at least the images of Thorin aren't depressing like on some of the other ones (I hope the stores get this one in, otherwise I'll have to order it on eBay).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

delius82
Rivendell

Oct 23 2014, 1:55am

Post #12 of 61 (2042 views)
Shortcut
Loving Thorin! [In reply to] Can't Post

Still my favorite character from the Trilogy. HeartHeartHeart

Kim
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 2:11am

Post #13 of 61 (2046 views)
Shortcut
All hail the king! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, to answer your question with my standard response, all threads lead back to Thorin, so he doesn't need dedicated appreciation threads. His fans will post about him wherever we want to! Laugh

But thanks for starting this thread. I've certainly been enjoying all of the new shots of Thorin in BOFA, and a few of the non-spoilery DOS EE ones, and am very much looking forward to seeing all of the new movie scenes and appendices material when my BR arrives.

For my own contribution, I'll go with this:

Yep, that's the stuff. Heart

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 23 2014, 3:52am

Post #14 of 61 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Love that picture [In reply to] Can't Post

What I wouldn't give to have some of these images without the clutter of other charactersTongue

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 4:19am

Post #15 of 61 (2034 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations on making an appreciation thread [In reply to] Can't Post

Adding my congrats to mariel's, here's my gift to mark the occasion (Giffy clicky)

In Reply To
all I know is Thrandy is getting buttloads of appreciation while The King Under the Mountain sits on the sidelines and sulks.

*LoL* glad you noticed the Thranduil appreciation. Though, got to add, you do realise, it's the precise LACK of HeartThranduil screentime and images that's driving us Thranduil's Thralls to congregate in appreciation of whatever we can grab of the HeartHeartHeartElvenking's majesty, right? imo, Thorin fanciers got it made.
For example, the dismal vacuum of new Thranduil screentime in the DoS EE. Unsure By all accounts, Thorin's dark messy mane is, as always, as everywhere as Thranduil's immaculate blond locks are absent. You won't ever suffer from lack, nor would you end up in the pathetic situation of moping for dearth of images or screentime. Heck, you can't ever be whinging about lack of Thorin images or screentime. Honestly, I envy you.

So partake the abundance and happy fancying, y'allSmile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 23 2014, 4:19am)

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 23 2014, 5:09am

Post #16 of 61 (2028 views)
Shortcut
It's high time one of these happened again! [In reply to] Can't Post

NateGate, you may regret doing this. Wink

Yes, Thranduil's been getting lots of attention. It's time for the King Under the Mountain to get a thread of his own again. And time to start giving that elf some competition, no? He's sat unrivaled for far too long...Laugh

In all seriousness, though, Thorin probably doesn't need a thread. Pretty much every thread that's ever existed on The Hobbit board (and other boards) has meandered off at some point to the topic of Thorin (or his hair, or his #majesty). But, since you've put this one up, why not?

Warning: Below are images of extreme #majesty. Viewers that are faint of heart may wish to be sitting down/have a cushion nearby, a bag at hand to breathe in, and perhaps some smelling salts, or even a bucket of cold water. Ye've been warned. You may still turn back. We (the thralls and myself, naturally) will think no less of you.

Still here? Well, let's carry on, shall we? To #majesty!

(Some of these images may have been posted before. My apologies if they have. I don't have endless time on my hands so I haven't been able to wade through every thread that contains pictures of Thorin. Also, I don't quite have the eloquence of certain members on here, so my post may seem rather dry compared to those of others on this sacred topic. But pictures are worth a thousand words, right?)

First up: the eyes that have made the knees of a thousand women buckle.

Never have truer words been uttered. #Majesty, indeed.

Does he even need to ask? Laugh

I know some people don't like this scene, but I love it. It's symbolic of things to come and just warms the heart. I suppose this shot's more of Bilbo than Thorin, but Bilbo is the real hero.

A little bit of fan art. Very nice.

A true King Under the Mountain...

Hope ya'll enjoyed! Smile

Kim
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 5:35am

Post #17 of 61 (2026 views)
Shortcut
Excellent selection Arveldis! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice job on the #majestic warning - I see you are learning the ways of the boards. Laugh I'm sure Riven Delve appreciated it. Tongue

Love the close up of the first one - let's see if I can channel Avandel for a moment here *clears throat*
Eyes of purest blue capture your attention at first glance, then reel you in until all you can do is gaze at their arresting beauty, lost in pools of sparkling azure wonderment.

I love the final one, I almost posted that too as now it reminds me of that recent photo of Thorin on the throne where his hair appears to be grayer. Very regal.

Evil

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 24 2014, 12:38am

Post #18 of 61 (1980 views)
Shortcut
More appreciation [In reply to] Can't Post

Because there is no such thing as too much Thorin...

*THUD, THUD, THUD.....* HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

*Fans smoke away....* TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

*#Majesty*

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

The picture that melted my hard drive EvilHeartTongueTongueTongueHeartHeartHeartTongueTongueTongue

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 24 2014, 12:40am

Post #19 of 61 (1978 views)
Shortcut
Evil [In reply to] Can't Post

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 24 2014, 12:50am

Post #20 of 61 (1969 views)
Shortcut
Lost indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Eyes of purest blue capture your attention at first glance, then reel you in until all you can do is gaze at their arresting beauty, lost in pools of sparkling azure wonderment.

Love thisHeartHeartHeart. Only I wasn't reeled, more like falling and not caring, at all TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 24 2014, 1:05am

Post #21 of 61 (1982 views)
Shortcut
Well tho Arveldis [In reply to] Can't Post

As Kim once wisely pointed out to me, ALL threads, no matter how obscure the subject, eventually end up tangled in Thorin's glistening cafe noir wind-caressed silken mane. It's inevitable. In any case, I am at a loss to think of anything to discuss that is more scintillating, save perhaps the spectacular depth and shade of the luminous blue of Thorin's eyes or his strongly handsome features or the fine skin or the way the hair of his beard so perfectly compliments his face or his jaguar-like grace or the sheer charisma and presence of the man dwarf.Cool

Still tho, our Fili seem to be well along, with his own rich tangle of gold locks and sapphire eyes and grace and power and smile....the omissions of the recent DOS EE are mourned, it is true, but AUJ itself has much to mourn re hidden treasures, that have yet to be gifted to us:

*Sigh*. Maybe in some future collector edition....Unsure

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 24 2014, 3:17am

Post #22 of 61 (1959 views)
Shortcut
Why, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Yes, I realized after reading about the many reported incidents of tumbles precipitated by Thorin that one should probably include a warning accompanying any picture that contains large amounts of #majesty. Tongue

I was going to say that Avandel would be proud of that description, but it appears she's already voiced her appreciation. Well done, Kim. It was a wonderful description of Thorin's eyes. Smile

And in honor of those eyes:

Since that turned out pretty grainy, here's the original so you can have HD version.

I love that one too. It is a lot like the most recent Thorin picture, in terms of greyness and such (it seems kingship is wearing on Thorin). But whereas the released photo was one of despair (in my opinion), the fan art seems more hopeful.

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 24 2014, 3:31am

Post #23 of 61 (1966 views)
Shortcut
All right, I concede. [In reply to] Can't Post

Every thread devolves into something Thorin-related at some point or another. Although, I would like to point out that his eyes, strong jaw, and beard aren't discussed nearly as often as his hair. Perhaps you would like to expand upon those fine features? I know you have no lack in eloquent words when it comes to Thorin. Wink

*claps* I'm glad Fili was finally remembered somewhere, even if it's only a post in a Thorin thread. I've always been partial to blondes myself, so maybe I'm just a wee bit biased in this area, but in my opinion, Fili's hair is *cough* prettier than Thorin's. *dodges pitchforks and torches* Those golden tresses are to die for, especially with all of the braids nestled in among the locks. I realize that I am speaking in enemy territory here, so I'll leave it at that. *runs and hides*

Somehow I yet again managed to include Fili in a post. A Thorin post, nonetheless. Oh dear. Crazy Things never go as planned with me.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 24 2014, 4:54am

Post #24 of 61 (1961 views)
Shortcut
I never forget Fili (or Kili) [In reply to] Can't Post

Noticed (more like lighting up like a firecracker) those two at their Bag End arrival - and how could you not? Love them both, and Fili is of particular interest because to me for many reasons. It's a small thing but in AUJ one thing that still strikes me is Fili's easy smile at Bilbo as he piles up his weapons - he is just SO handsome.

And the thick golden waves with really richly blue eyes - Dean O'Gorman has gorgeous coloring. Love the contrast when Fili is with his brother or when he is with Thorin. No need to hide *grins* as with the Durins, IMO it gets to the point of how do you choose? LOL a SUPERB gene pool.

From early on, when the featurette on the dwarves came out, I was looking forward to what Richard and Dean had talked about, Thorin kind of grooming Fili and maybe being a little tougher on him, and having a soft spot for Kili.
While there is a lot of happiness over the EE, still, I will always wish there had been more dwarf moments and more Durin moments.

I don't want to get to unhappy yet re BOFA images as think it is a bit early yet, but I was really shocked after the banner that Fili and Kili didn't get PR posters. Yet they are pretty prominent in the banner and it seems in some books. So just have to wait and see; I would be upset if the dwarves didn't have a healthy presence in the last film.

Thank you for posting that Thorin image - downloaded! It is a favorite of mine, LOL one of many.

PS. Well, Thorin's - or Richard's skin really - well, for a man, fans have commented before that his skin looks luminous. It really struck me in AUJ when they are in the hole re the warg chase. RA has beautiful skin - not a bad thing for an actor to have if your director likes to do close face shots.
Cool

Dwarewien
Rohan

Oct 24 2014, 10:20pm

Post #25 of 61 (1943 views)
Shortcut
I never go for blondes... [In reply to] Can't Post

whether it's the character or the actor. You're more mysterious if you have dark hair, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I like a little bit of mystery in my life. And I love that picture of Thorin in Bard's house (it was my last avatar, for those of you that don't know), and come Monday (since I'm mostly on public computers except for Mondays when I'm at my parents' place to have a least one decent home cooked meal) I'm changing my FanFiction.net avvie back to this one (I use the Facebook page for Thorin Oakenshield.net to look for pictures to upload). I like to have my avvie match my username (unfortunately, someone beat me to the one I'm using on here, so I had to change it to something similar). I think the reason I go for characters (and actors) with dark hair is because I'm light haired (it's the color of Fili's and I'm growing it back to Thorin's length. It's about the length of Thorin's in the prologue to AUJ, so it won't be long before I have my former length back), and the only person in the relationship that's going to have light hair is going to be me.Smile

P.S. Since I'm getting tired of people asking me who I'm responding to, I switched over to threaded mode (I mostly view it in this mode anyway, and sometimes I log out to see where my post will end up in this mode), so let's see if this mode is as easy as everyone claims.

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.