The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Newish BotFA Elf Battle+Negotiation images/GIFs [Potential spoilers]

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 4:12pm

Post #1 of 18 (3184 views)
Shortcut
Newish BotFA Elf Battle+Negotiation images/GIFs [Potential spoilers] Can't Post

Presumably from the EE's extras, looks exciting so I thought to share this beyond the Thranduil Appreciation thread frequenters

ETA: Observations
1) Thranduil's army is looking awesome! And Thranduil's entering battle like a champ! He's not even behind any point or vanguard, right out there leading the charge. Looks like he's a proponent of walking the talk!SmileHeart
2) The company's looking out... might be them watching the action rather my assumption of them facing Thranduil and Bard there to negotiate

Source clicky for the actual GIFs of these images and a few more

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 22 2014, 4:22pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2014, 4:33pm

Post #2 of 18 (2498 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Lurker!

Squeee! I can't wait to see this movie! Thranduil mowing down orcs like they're nothing, elves jumping off ledges into battle, #majestic (if not somewhat crazy) dwarf kings! It's so exciting!

But even despite all of that^, the one thing I really want to know is...What in Middle Earth are they doing here?Shocked Almost looks like the starts of a Gangnam Style dance-off! LaughTongue

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Aranaes
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 7:50pm

Post #3 of 18 (2379 views)
Shortcut
I'd say. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . That's the moment Dain arrives. Between Bards question and Thorins answer, a horn sounds, Dain appears, Thorin has confidence to answer "I will have war!"

'And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never grow less (or stealing would be too easy)!'

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 3:57am

Post #4 of 18 (2263 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! and Viddie [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
one thing I really want to know is...What in Middle Earth are they doing here?Shocked Almost looks like the starts of a Gangnam Style dance-off! LaughTongue

HAHA! Gangnam style!!! Or is it Lake-town style?Tongue

In Reply To

Squeee! I can't wait to see this movie! Thranduil mowing down orcs like they're nothing, elves jumping off ledges into battle, #majestic (if not somewhat crazy) dwarf kings! It's so exciting!

Anyway, here's the viddie of it. Looks like rehearsal of this scene. Quite a laugh though short. The edit gives new meaning to "#majestic (if not somewhat crazy) dwarf kings!" LaughEvil

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 4:14am

Post #5 of 18 (2253 views)
Shortcut
The first thing I thought of [In reply to] Can't Post

was Monty Python, rather than Gangnam style Wink

LOVE the look on LP's face though! Priceless reaction from all three (had me in stitches) lol...Sly

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 4:20am

Post #6 of 18 (2251 views)
Shortcut
Astute! [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly right there I'd saySmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 4:22am

Post #7 of 18 (2254 views)
Shortcut
Well, it's that horsey action [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue I'm sure that's what inspired Eruvandi to name Gangnam as the style. But yes, that look on LP's face is just precious.

=======

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 23 2014, 6:11am

Post #8 of 18 (2237 views)
Shortcut
You beat me to it! About Luke, though, [In reply to] Can't Post

this is new, to see him in "horsey action": until now we have seen him only in "bargey action" or "footy action"...! Does that mean we'll see him now on a horse??? Perhaps when the three of them (featured here in plain clothes...) go together towards Thorin up there to ask him "peace or war?"... Like in ROTK the group going on horses to the Black Gate and calling forth Sauron, and then being met by Mouth of Sauron? What do you think?

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 6:22am

Post #9 of 18 (2238 views)
Shortcut
Well, that empire article I linked to [In reply to] Can't Post

suggests that, since it does say that Thranduil was on his war-moose. So I would imagine Bard was also mounted. Smile

=======

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 23 2014, 9:34am

Post #10 of 18 (2201 views)
Shortcut
Exactly what I thought then! Thanks... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Gandalf too (mounted as well of course) supposed then to be part of this "official delegation", as their trio fun video suggests? Did I mis any specific info about that?...Blush

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 10:26am

Post #11 of 18 (2191 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! Tho, iirc... [In reply to] Can't Post

no mention of Gandalf among the delegation in said media report... but well, the pics here are proof he is, imo and that's good enough for meSmile

=======

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 10:42am

Post #12 of 18 (2205 views)
Shortcut
Hmm how could I have almost missed this thread? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
1) Thranduil's army is looking awesome! And Thranduil's entering battle like a champ! He's not even behind any point or vanguard, right out there leading the charge. Looks like he's a proponent of walking the talk!SmileHeart

It must be a reassuring thing to know your King charges into battle side by side and not cowering at the back of the lines *so brave*. They'd better have their King's back Evil

Nice find with the gif's Lurker and thanks for opening a new thread (since I overlooked it in the TA Blush).

Ah only 7 more weeks until BoFA is released. I can't wait to see the 'game changer' in action Heart

And while I'm at it, I might as well go through some more BOFA material (warning potential spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhrBcJngIls

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 11:22am

Post #13 of 18 (2186 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Ah only 7 more weeks until BoFA is released. I can't wait to see the 'game changer' in action Heart

can't wait! And that PJ talk about "W
e’re developing more story with the elves and with Gandalf” better not be just mouthing stuff like the almost non-existent father and son theme we kept hearing from cast and crew for DOS.Frown

=======

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 23 2014, 2:21pm

Post #14 of 18 (2169 views)
Shortcut
How could I have almost missed this link.... [In reply to] Can't Post

to the kind of MAJOR SPOILERS I'm so hungry for, having no way to access the real thing in the foreseeable future... Unsure unless some kind of miracle happens and makes it possible at the right time, in December!...Cool
In the meantime, I absorb avidly all the crumbs I can get... and this is a big one! Sly My heart is still beating hard as I write this.
So, loads of thanks to you for the link...

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 23 2014, 4:23pm

Post #15 of 18 (2157 views)
Shortcut
Ooooh. I think Aranaes is right then! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyway, here's the viddie of it. Looks like rehearsal of this scene.

The fake horn sound was a little pathetic, LOL, but I bet that's supposed to be Dain announcing his arrival, thus the horsey action.Smile

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 4:37pm

Post #16 of 18 (2150 views)
Shortcut
You're very welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

Very happy to provide this new BOFA material to you, glad I could be of help to someone Smile

And I know what you mean about absorbing every single crumb there is until the new trailer comes out at least. You could almost make it into a profession for there is so much new material since the last couple of days.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 4:47pm

Post #17 of 18 (2157 views)
Shortcut
Hmm not sure anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And that PJ talk about "We’re developing more story with the elves and with Gandalf” better not be just mouthing stuff like the almost non-existent father and son theme we kept hearing from cast and crew for DOS.

Remember what I told you about my current trust issues? Unsure I dont't believe anything I read or hear anymore until I actually see it Tongue

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 24 2014, 4:07am

Post #18 of 18 (2125 views)
Shortcut
I know what you mean [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown exactly

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

=======

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.