Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Another !SPOILER! !SPOILER! pic Thorin - BOFA (not in battle)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 12:48am

Post #1 of 13 (1401 views)
Shortcut
Another !SPOILER! !SPOILER! pic Thorin - BOFA (not in battle) Can't Post

SPOILER!!

https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=1&theater

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 12:50am

Post #2 of 13 (515 views)
Shortcut
Ooh! [In reply to] Can't Post

I see my wish was granted. Smile Very nice. He wears plate armor well, doesn't he?

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 12:55am

Post #3 of 13 (510 views)
Shortcut
#Majestic [In reply to] Can't Post

tho I think this image is sad - but on the other hand Thorin already has the SMOULDER images everywhere, even back to DOS. Wind machine and everything.Wink

Agree RA does wear plate armor well HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 1:03am

Post #4 of 13 (482 views)
Shortcut
Certainly. [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty much every image of him could be captioned with that (and most have). Wink

It is sad. But I guess we shouldn't expect anything else from a movie that is titled after a battle. This isn't the first melancholy image either. It's a sign of things to come. I fear I'll have to tow a whole wagon full of Kleenex boxes to the theater December. Frown

He does. Heart Poor Kili hasn't quite pulled off the look yet, in my opinion. He looked like he was wearing some sort of tin can in the trailer. Dwalin, on the other hand, I'm sure would be able to define epicness in plate armor. Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 1:19am

Post #5 of 13 (527 views)
Shortcut
And, on the other hand, in the *Thorin Thud* category - another Thorin pic [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=1&theater

So somewhere out there is a publication with this GLORIOUS spread of Durin images TongueTongueTongueTongue We WANTS this, Precioussssss.......

*Sigh* - I'm not ready for sorrow yetFrown - barely seen the DOS EE and I know a lot are waitingUnsure.

*Grins* I think all armor looks kind of - well - bulky tho from what I have read, the real thing was really well designed with padding - RA I think has an unfair height advantage and he did spend all those years on Robin HoodWink. Graham McTavish - well, he's just a tank. What really has impressed me is how great Bombur's armor looks!Heart

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 1:20am

Post #6 of 13 (474 views)
Shortcut
...splendid [In reply to] Can't Post

He does brooding very nicely.

... on the other side of tomorrow...

Farficom
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 2:38am

Post #7 of 13 (451 views)
Shortcut
The feels. [In reply to] Can't Post

An armored and battle ready Thorin brings em on.

Kim
Valinor

Oct 22 2014, 2:42am

Post #8 of 13 (435 views)
Shortcut
Oh my [In reply to] Can't Post

What publication is that? I think I may need to add it to my list...

As to the seated view, interesting to notice that Thorin's hair looks very gray - I wonder if that's just the lighting, or if they are actually going to change it a bit, as Bomby speculated in a recent post. Also, in this pic, it makes me think that this could be a pose for a future collectible - that would be very tempting.

P.S. slightly off topic, but just have to comment, this place is a mine field today! Trying to avoid (or at least minimize) DOS EE spoilers, which means I have to skip most of today's threads. But thanks to you and everyone else who are putting SPOILERS in their subject lines - helps to know which ones to bookmark for later. Gonna be a long 3 weeks - we'll see how long I last before I cave. Wink

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 2:54am

Post #9 of 13 (422 views)
Shortcut
KIM?..Definitely TO.. izz Graying... [In reply to] Can't Post

The STREAKzz of GRAY
are LOOonger
in thiz SHOT
within the Crown?

HEAVY
BURDEN.. Thorin
BAREzz..
BRAVELY...

*ain't it GREAT!
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 22 2014, 4:33am

Post #10 of 13 (369 views)
Shortcut
Oh, yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

So somewhere out there is a publication with this GLORIOUS spread of Durin images TongueTongueTongueTongue We WANTS this, Precioussssss.......

I do too. Wink

Graham McTavish - well, he's just a tank.

*snort* Yep. He makes a good dwarf: very imposing (in the short, stocky sense) and downright frightening when he's fighting.

On the topic of armor, I personally can't wait to see Dain's. I remember BC saying something about looking like a Volkswagen. Combine that with those braided eyebrows you mentioned before (Nori's got some competition...) and the helmet on the Lego figure and you get a pretty formidable-looking dwarf. Add to that a war boar...well, that's one dwarf I wouldn't want to run across in battle if I were an orc.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 4:37am

Post #11 of 13 (365 views)
Shortcut
Kim I don't know what the pub is [In reply to] Can't Post

If you look closely at the gold armor picture, in the bottom corner it looks like Asian characters so I am wondering if it is that Singapore magazine F***? The magazine last year that had those great RA and LP interviews? Bummer but hoping fans will post more on these.

Agree Thorin looks more grey here and I don't know if they are messing with his look - beard and braids are still dark, in armor picture his hair seems as always. I suppose they could add some grey to show the increasing sickness but hope they don't get carried away. Aesthetic appeal aside, I was hoping re the dragon sickness for a subtle approach. Not to mention re the PR already released I don't see a big dose of grey. Maybe this was just for this photo ops? Funny I was also thinking this throne image reminds me of sculpture - sad, but MAGNIFICENT.

Re spoilers, I caved, but re getting so hyped and was up so.late stuff is fuzzy so I think I might just drop back and wait for the disks for the rest and to view things properly. For me not having the right setup am looking forward to my regular disk player for sure! Will keep working on using good spoiler tags but notice screen caps and similar are showing up around the 'net Frown

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 4:46am

Post #12 of 13 (368 views)
Shortcut
LOL Volkswagon [In reply to] Can't Post

And could have sworn BC said he would have a mohawk. LOL I am thinking of a fierce red mohawk. AND a war boar.Heart

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Oct 23 2014, 12:23am

Post #13 of 13 (152 views)
Shortcut
the excessive gray does not bother me [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to see it as it reminds me of book Thorin a bit more and is a physical manifestation of his sickness.

All kinds of great images posted today. :)

... on the other side of tomorrow...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.