The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
TORn hotel in NYC?

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 5 2014, 8:14am

Post #1 of 7 (6708 views)
Shortcut
TORn hotel in NYC? Can't Post

Tickets seem to be selling like hotcakes for the LotR trilogies with orchestra in April 2015. I have my concert tickets and planes. I'm now looking at hotels. With many, many fans going to this great event, is TORn planning to arrange a block of hotel rooms as for the first LotR concert some years ago?

Inquiring minds want to know!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 5 2014, 1:42pm

Post #2 of 7 (6623 views)
Shortcut
Many of the staff [In reply to] Can't Post

are just returning from Dragon Con, and the New York Comic Con is coming up fast. They might not start planning this event until after NYCC, but watch this space!

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 5 2014, 7:09pm

Post #3 of 7 (6620 views)
Shortcut
Here's hoping! [In reply to] Can't Post

Having a TORn hotel not only saves us money, it's a lot more fun!

Glassary
Rivendell

Sep 7 2014, 7:25pm

Post #4 of 7 (6627 views)
Shortcut
Got my ticket [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I live just outside of NYC I'm planning on staying in town at least Saturday night. Would be great to be in the hotel with other TORn people.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 7:39pm

Post #5 of 7 (6554 views)
Shortcut
Still hopeful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopeful that as TORn staffers recover from Comic Con they can arrange a block of hotel rooms for fans in NY. This may be one of the last big opportunities for a moot!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 21 2014, 8:04pm

Post #6 of 7 (6551 views)
Shortcut
You might need to message spymaster [In reply to] Can't Post

since the staff don't always check the message boards. I have not heard anything about hotels, but hopefully we will soon. If TORN isn't able to make arrangements for a group rate, at the very least we can try to stay in one hotel.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 11:54pm

Post #7 of 7 (6631 views)
Shortcut
Good suggestion, I'll do that.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.