Hobbit - 6" Action Figures

Dcole4
Rohan

Oct 21 2014, 8:16pm

Post #1 of 4 (866 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit - 6" Action Figures Can't Post

Hello Ringers,

When LOTR came around, I was a bit of a uber-geek when it came to the 6" action figures. I collected every single one of them (some of which are very hard to get a hold of now). I've got the entire collection along with all of the 6" Hobbit action figures they've released.

Since it seems like Bridge Direct completely dropped the ball with this line and are not producing any further figures beyond the Smaug figure. I think it's safe to say their line is dead.

My question though, for people who might know about the action figure business, what are the odds of the Hobbit line being picked up by another company like NECA or Funko (who produces solid Game of Thrones figures)? Is there a chance of that? Any rumors on the internet? Or is this line dead?

I'd love more action figures for the Hobbit films since there are dozens and dozens of characters and beautiful armor to choose from.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 9:08pm

Post #2 of 4 (717 views)
Shortcut
NECA has the rights to make Hobbit figures [In reply to] Can't Post

I asked them on Twitter a while back if we'd see any more (they made a Bilbo figure), and was told there probably won't be any this year.

(This post was edited by Carne on Oct 21 2014, 9:08pm)

Dcole4
Rohan

Oct 21 2014, 9:15pm

Post #3 of 4 (701 views)
Shortcut
That's a bummer... [In reply to] Can't Post

I own their Bilbo figure and he sits well amongst their giant LOTR figures. That's a scale I'd love to collect. The detail and paint job is incredible. I can imagine owning all of the Company in that scale.

Radagast and Azog would be quite incredible too. Although Azog would need to be 24-25 inches tall, haha.

Boogy

Oct 25 2014, 7:07pm

Post #4 of 4 (762 views)
Shortcut
Action figures 6" [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, im from mexico... the figures in 6 inches they are very cool,I had to pay a lot of money to bring the figures from the USA, I want the rest of the dwarves in this scale...but...TBD failure to make this action figures, no take to us in consideration,the fans, the really fans...everybody trusted in them. In what were they thinking? No figures when the movie's release? They say "no money from the retailers, no figures for the fans" This is so very sad, I´m feel so angry! So my collection is incomplete! someone to do something please!
PS. Sorry for my english :S

(This post was edited by Boogy on Oct 25 2014, 7:08pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.