The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
It's been 2500 days

Lindele
Gondor

Oct 20 2014, 3:48pm

Post #1 of 3 (698 views)
Shortcut
It's been 2500 days Can't Post

since The Hobbit film(s) were first officially announced on December 16th, 2007. At the time Peter Jackson was going to produce, and so much was up in the air. I remember the feeling of being so excited that it was finally happening, but dreading the several year wait until they were released.
And here we are...almost 7 years later with the final film about to come out...what a journey.

There and back again...

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 3:58pm

Post #2 of 3 (311 views)
Shortcut
There andback again indeed... [In reply to] Can't Post

So odd how far we have come and so bittersweet,
but fulfilling and rewarding at the same time.
Let's savor each remaining moment.

And remember the journey will always live on even past the films release.

Thanks for this post
Oddly enough with all the time that has passed it almost feels like no time has passed at all. Like it was only yesterday we were hearing announcements of director changes, green lights, shoot start dates, first trailers and everything.

I have to say it makes me feel a bit like Old Rose in Titanic when she recalls the freshness and newness of the Titanic before the journey set sail. I know this is an off the wall comparison but I running on little sleep and it just came to mind.

It's been 84 years (or in this case 2,500 days), and I can still smell the fresh paint, the sets had never been filmed on, Middle-earth had yet to return. The Hobbit was called the film of dreams, and it was, it really was! Wink Tongue

(This post was edited by The Grey Pilgrim on Oct 20 2014, 4:00pm)

Morthoron
Gondor

Oct 20 2014, 6:56pm

Post #3 of 3 (175 views)
Shortcut
My, my....it only feels like 2438 days. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.