Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Just a thought on the chore of Mod (small rambling kudos)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 18 2014, 5:04pm

Post #26 of 49 (1622 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It will definitely get crazier! As it is now, the Hobbit board is clocking in at well over 300 posts per day. Shocked But, if we didn't enjoy it (and weren't a bit crazy Laugh), we wouldn't be here. So, let the craziness begin!! Laugh

It does help that 99% of the people here are amazing, funny, and know how to play well with others. So, thank all of YOU too! SmileHeart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 18 2014, 11:22pm

Post #27 of 49 (1603 views)
Shortcut
Hear, hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's all our delightful TORNsibs who make the job worthwhile, and not just worthwhile, but fun. Cool

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 1:21am

Post #28 of 49 (1603 views)
Shortcut
All Hail the Mod Squad!! (I found a picture!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 19 2014, 8:33am

Post #29 of 49 (1577 views)
Shortcut
Too much awesomeness in one picture! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:34pm

Post #30 of 49 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Mea Culpa! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The "Flying Tackle Hug" is a grammaboodawg original! To be freely dispersed. Cool

The best things cost almost nothing. And Eruvandi is certainly an adept dispenser of this awesome manoeuvre SmileSly

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:35pm

Post #31 of 49 (1558 views)
Shortcut
*squee* Thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:36pm

Post #32 of 49 (1573 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* that... [In reply to] Can't Post

is a distinct possibility. Though, would they? Are the studios and the premiere organisers suitable insured?Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:37pm

Post #33 of 49 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Ah... same thought! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I hope the event planners are suitably prepared and put all local clinics and hospitals on alert! Perhaps if they hand out brown paper bags as the fans arrive, they can mitigate the risk.

Those paper bags better be plain. Any embellishments might set the thralls off prematurely Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:38pm

Post #34 of 49 (1573 views)
Shortcut
*ngiakngiakngiak* Good idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll sign itAngelicSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:38pm

Post #35 of 49 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Pure Modness! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great find, Rem Sly

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:39pm

Post #36 of 49 (1587 views)
Shortcut
300, everyday! [In reply to] Can't Post

And we're not even on official-trailer frenzy yet. Sparta ain't got nuthin on usLaugh

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 19 2014, 12:40pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 7:19pm

Post #37 of 49 (1560 views)
Shortcut
I'll sign it too! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 19 2014, 11:13pm

Post #38 of 49 (1588 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of Twitter...James Nesbitt is now tweeting! [In reply to] Can't Post

He just started earlier today, using @JamesNesbittUK.

So now we have 9 Dwarves tweeting - Thorin, Fili, Dwalin, Ori, Nori, Gloin, Bombur, Dain,and now Bofur - and two Elves (Thranduil and Tauriel) and two Men (Bard and Alfrid) and one Orc (Azog), and of course one Wizard.

Did I miss anyone?

With the Hobbit hoopla about to start, Twitter should be busy! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 2:45am

Post #39 of 49 (1566 views)
Shortcut
*chortle* just have to say [In reply to] Can't Post

it's so providential that you attached this news to Eruvandi's post, dernwyn, just cos of Eruvandi's purveying Bofur's joyous brows of 2xentendre in TA. So apt!Laugh

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

=======

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2014, 3:12am

Post #40 of 49 (1558 views)
Shortcut
Providential? [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 3:33am

Post #41 of 49 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Much!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

=======

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2014, 2:33pm

Post #42 of 49 (1547 views)
Shortcut
Erm, uh...looks like the naughty dwarf has gotten suspended?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I just tried to find him on twitter and when I click anything that says @JamesNesbittUK it says, "Sorry, that user is suspended."Shocked What happened?

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Oct 20 2014, 2:34pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 20 2014, 3:03pm

Post #43 of 49 (1547 views)
Shortcut
if I had to guess... it was not actually James that created the acct. [In reply to] Can't Post

... and it was suspended (perhaps) at the request of the real James?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2014, 9:58pm

Post #44 of 49 (1541 views)
Shortcut
I thought they looked like this... [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least they might want to when they have to wade into some of those flame wars. Cool

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 12:33pm

Post #45 of 49 (1513 views)
Shortcut
Why, Dame Ioreth! [In reply to] Can't Post

I never knew you had such notable headgear!!!! Tongue Laugh

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 12:42pm

Post #46 of 49 (1511 views)
Shortcut
LoL! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a very good one, Dame. Always gotta be properly attired against flames Smile

=======

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 1:03pm

Post #47 of 49 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Heh, that's not me... [In reply to] Can't Post

but that's what my kids think I am when I make them clean their room! Laugh

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 21 2014, 5:26pm

Post #48 of 49 (1507 views)
Shortcut
*want* [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 22 2014, 1:39am

Post #49 of 49 (1514 views)
Shortcut
Turns out, that was correct. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a fake...so Jimmy Nesbitt has countered by setting up his own, real site, @TheJamesNesbitt. And of course, he's following his fellow Dwarves (and some other really wonderful actors!) Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.