Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
ROTK complete recordings for $7.99 on itunes store

Jay2001

Oct 20 2014, 2:28am

Post #1 of 11 (1446 views)
Shortcut
ROTK complete recordings for $7.99 on itunes store Can't Post

iTunes store is selling ROTK complete recordings only for $7.99 now.

I would like to buy all the complete recordings of the LOTR movies. But the
first two complete recordings are very expensive and only available on CDs now.
Hope they will also available in itunes store in future, in affordable price. Wink

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 20 2014, 4:16am

Post #2 of 11 (1307 views)
Shortcut
That's an insane price [In reply to] Can't Post

here's a link, btw:
https://itunes.apple.com/...complete/id268509992

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Glassary
Rivendell

Oct 21 2014, 5:05pm

Post #3 of 11 (1246 views)
Shortcut
thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Jay and Magpie!
Been wanting to pick this up but again the price was a bit high.
This is what I've been waiting for.

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 1:10am

Post #4 of 11 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for the heads up! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great deal! Cool

As for Fellowship & Two Towers, I understand the constraints of producing more CDs, but it baffles me as to why they can't make them available digitally. As I see it, the only reason not to do that would be because they are definitely planning to sell more physical copies at some point... Angelic

"When you think of the great Battle of Pelennor, do not forget the Battle of Dale. Think of what might have been. Dragon-fire and savage swords in Eriador! There might be no Queen in Gondor. We might now only hope to return from the victory here to ruin and ash. But that has been averted -- because I met Thorin Oakenshield one evening on the edge of spring not far from Bree. A chance-meeting, as we say in Middle-earth."
- Gandalf

Bofur01
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 4:03pm

Post #5 of 11 (1238 views)
Shortcut
It could be that Apple doesn't know the demand... [In reply to] Can't Post

So go on their website and ask for them to be added... They do take note if enough people ask.

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 22 2014, 8:23pm

Post #6 of 11 (1253 views)
Shortcut
This supply issue is long standing [In reply to] Can't Post

as well as perplexing.

Even Doug Adams doesn't really know what the issue is with either reissues of the physical copies or making digital purchases possible.

The boxed sets were expensive to manufacture and it may be we never see a reissue of those. And the only thing I can imagine holding up providing digital files for purchase is some sort of rights issue. The number of people/entities holding legitimate claim to certain products can be extensive. Perhaps there is someone involved in those CRs that haven't been made available for digital download that just hasn't signed off on being okay with it. (I don't think this would be a major player... more likely a minor player). But that's just a guess.

It can't hurt to notify iTunes that it's a 'wanted' product but people have been notifying and shouting their request for this for years to no avail. I don't think it's a 'lack of consumer interest' that's holding things up.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

FoundEntwife
Rivendell

Oct 31 2014, 5:28am

Post #7 of 11 (1200 views)
Shortcut
This [In reply to] Can't Post

is why I'm glad I bought them way back in the day, even though they cost me and arm and a leg.

This tale grew in the telling. . .

http://pencilword.blogspot.com

Dipling
Lorien

Nov 2 2014, 7:11pm

Post #8 of 11 (1186 views)
Shortcut
US price? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this US price?
iTunes shows 34,99€ (Europe).

Bofur01
Lorien

Nov 2 2014, 7:48pm

Post #9 of 11 (1171 views)
Shortcut
Yep. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's still ~£35 in the UK store :(

Dipling
Lorien

Nov 2 2014, 7:50pm

Post #10 of 11 (1167 views)
Shortcut
EUR [In reply to] Can't Post

34,99EUR

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Nov 2 2014, 8:25pm

Post #11 of 11 (1215 views)
Shortcut
Just a hint. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you switch over to Basic Editor and enable HTML, then you can post special characters. I can even post Japanese! Smile

Sadly (?), no matter how we wish it, it will not restore Tom Bombadil's role to the films, however.....Wink

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.