Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 6:21am

Post #201 of 216 (2300 views)
Shortcut
     And all the more disgruntling [In reply to]  

[Rant on]
for that
  • THIS was a scene that's a sudden addition they worked out on the fly
  • Alan Lee quick-sketching the background impromptu for the actors and director to have something to work off on, and them showing it just makes me want to see the realised version even more... imagine...

(GIFs of the scene)
  • another location in the Halls... and look at Erebor in the distance! I can just imagine it, Thranduil making time everyday for the longest time to just stand there and stare at it, thinking about the White-Gems.
  • It's a Thranduil and Leggy moment. And they both speak Elvish!
  • Thranduil displaying a different, softer, emotion, that's not been seen yet. He's so sad and solemn... must be the sight of Erebor and the thought of those Gems.
  • Legolas gets character layering. He's not the jealous little princeling hanging on to Tauriel. This puts a different spin to their relationship, which would have been great to see. Also, he's a trusted confidante of Thranduil here. And that's as it should, for beings who live so long. Legolas' knowledge he displays in LotR makes sense with this... he didn't just sleep on an encyclopedia of ME one night and wake up in time to fulfil his destiny as the Oracle of the (partial)Fellowship.
  • Thranduil's awesome intellect and intuiting ability on display. "You have two days" he say so simply. Without ado or drama, but it's so full of PORTENT. And shows, imo, he cares very much for Tauriel in his own way, being willing to let Legolas even try. And even Legolas catching on is another side to him that's been missing.
  • I can understand that PJ took it out to preserve the impact of Bard's realisation. But why should it take away from the storyflow if it's worked in well? The crew has shown they're very capable of making things work if they wanted to. For example, why couldn't the scene of Bard making the discovery be interwoven with a small scene of Tauriel and Legolas en-route to Lake-town where Tauriel asks Legolas the circumstances of him getting the King's leave to come after her. He can tell her the deadline and do reminiscence of this exact scene, and as Thranduil recites the rhyme, the scene blends and morphs into Bard doing his thing. It's been done in the films before. For all the visual callbacks and resonances PJ has forced into TH, this would be the one call-back to all those LotR scenes of blending voices, seemingly disjointed scenes bleeding into one another that I would have loved and WANT TO SEE.
[Rant off]

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 6:31am

Post #202 of 216 (2289 views)
Shortcut
     Plus more Thranduil in BLACK Pretty! [In reply to]  

First, just love the emoting hereHeart *THUD*

LaughAngelic... Andy's direction is so crystal clear

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 6:38am

Post #203 of 216 (2276 views)
Shortcut
     Addendum [In reply to]  

Eruvandi mentioned in the thread LE's horsing around on the GiF evoking thoughts of Gangnam styleTongue to which I replied with the actual vid bit. Smile

=======

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 23 2014, 7:06am

Post #204 of 216 (2292 views)
Shortcut
     Warning! Warning! Threadlock imminent! [In reply to]  

I'll give it about 15 minutes, and then it will be time for a new one.

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 7:18am

Post #205 of 216 (2277 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks, Silverlode [In reply to]  

Gotta say, am really liking this postdeath avoidance gesture a lot Smile

=======

mariel
Lorien

Oct 23 2014, 7:41am

Post #206 of 216 (2268 views)
Shortcut
     This? [In reply to]  

Do you mean this one by MatthewJer18 - Desolation of Smaug EE reveals some unused/unfinished Thranduil scenes.

Sorry - don't know how to link threads and rushing to avoid threadlock

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 7:45am

Post #207 of 216 (2277 views)
Shortcut
     Yes, thanks, mariel! [In reply to]  

That's the one! I couldn't see it before for whatever reason. *feels safe to post since no one on who's online*Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 7:49am

Post #208 of 216 (2263 views)
Shortcut
     *sneaksie one more post in* [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Oh my I've been away for a day and look at all the new Pretty! being posted by you lovely Thralls. I don't even know where to look right now, it's got me baffled and I'm not coping well (this might also have something to do with the fact there's no new Thranduil scenes included in DOS EE and I'm still in shock). I'm starting to misread and misinterpret posts in the most exotic ways like this picture posted by Lurker concerning the sword sheath thingy.

In Reply To

I was like Lurker you cannot post a closeup of that, and here I was thinking I was the one with TORn guidelines against explicit content posting problems. Then I started to actually read what that post was about and it all made sense to me Tongue

Just LoL! VValar!

Angelic

=======

mariel
Lorien

Oct 23 2014, 7:59am

Post #209 of 216 (2284 views)
Shortcut
     Images [In reply to]  

Re the images. Yes I had spotted it. Didn't realise you had done it. How does that work? I need instructions! Smile
i've been laboriously loading stuff into photo bucket 'cos I'm worrying about the instructions against "hotlinking" (in my ignorance not sure what hot linking is exactly)

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 8:00am

Post #210 of 216 (2292 views)
Shortcut
     Sneaks in one more post too! [In reply to]  

A massive HR image of Thranduil's banner, here:

http://www-images.theonering.org/...uilArmy_RGB_INTL.jpg

HTR alert of course

Hehe omg that image of Thranduil in white with his wings, looks almost like a renaissance painting.

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 8:18am

Post #211 of 216 (2272 views)
Shortcut
     RE video deleted scene Thranduil/Legolas **THUD** [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Video

“I can bring her back.”
"You have two days."
"In two days? the last moon of autumn and the first sun of winter appear in the sky together."
"And the bells shall ring in gladness at the mountain king’s return.
but all shall fail in sadness..”

i totally cant understand why PJ deleted this!!

Is it wrong to just watch this clip over and over again. Especially the part where Thranduil speaks Elvish in that amazing sexy voice? OMG I died a little when I heard him say it *oh swoooooon* and *thudderling THUDDING* *starts hyperventilating*

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 9:05am

Post #212 of 216 (2243 views)
Shortcut
     *peers in* by the Valar! We're still live! *THUD* [In reply to]  

VValar! That.Is.Awesome!HeartHeart Thanks!

In Reply To
Hehe omg that image of Thranduil in white with his wings, looks almost like a renaissance painting.

And which wing of Renaissance be that?AngelicSmileTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 9:06am

Post #213 of 216 (2251 views)
Shortcut
     None at all [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Is it wrong to just watch this clip over and over again. Especially the part where Thranduil speaks Elvish in that amazing sexy voice? OMG I died a little when I heard him say it *oh swoooooon* and *thudderling THUDDING* *starts hyperventilating*

That soundbite!Heart How long you wager before the translation of the actual Elven words pop up?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 9:11am

Post #214 of 216 (2252 views)
Shortcut
     Simple! [In reply to]  

Just take the link in the URL window of the image or the source page of the image (eg tumblr post page): ie right-click on the URL, then do the usual to "attach" it to your TORn uploaded image (I'm assuming that's what you do). So you don't have to go through an external image hosting source at all. Hotlinking is when you directly paste the URL of the source image as an image on a post. By uploading a guideline-appropriate image directly as an attachment and then "attaching" the source URL to it in a post, you're not hotlinking. You remain a guideline-abiding TORn user and the mods won't have occasion to unleash WoM on you.

Hope that made sense.Smile

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 23 2014, 9:12am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 10:09am

Post #215 of 216 (2241 views)
Shortcut
     *sneaks in* [In reply to]  

In Reply To
26 extra minutes and you tried to cut Thranduil!! Mad

Just gotta add: I wished he only "tried" to cut Thranduil outFrownPirateCrazyUnsureUnimpressed

=======

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 23 2014, 10:21am

Post #216 of 216 (2238 views)
Shortcut
     And...now for #20! // [In reply to]  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.