Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XIX
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 1:21am

Post #1 of 216 (7441 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XIX  

Wow! What a week of new Thranduil Pretty!Heart As we settle in for the DoS EE and BotFA trailer wait, VValar's brought us to TAXIX Smile

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile
So feel free to jump in at any time!

(Clicky!)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I | II (Originating threads by Rowan Greene) | III | IV | V | VI (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
VII (Thread by Eruvandi) | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XV (Thread by Eruvandi) | XVI (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XVII (Thread by VValar)
XVIII (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk)

NOTE: Please read the "IMPORTANT README for TA posters: Information on posting, and adding images"

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon aka the little TAspeak garden Tongue
  • BTS Easter Egg Find (aka BEEF): Those moments in the BTS when Thranduil/LP flashes by (see Unexpected Flash of Elf) on screen or some information is found. See also "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk. See also "Maximum Fabulosity Exposure"
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. See also "Pretty!"
    (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: See the "IMAGES" section of "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters)
  • FEAST: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of Thranduil sass/badassery resulting in Elrond raising his eyebrows disapprovingly. May involve dramatic Elrond temple-rubbing. Elrond's fluster can be induced remotely or by proxy and does not require Elrond to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FLAST", "FEASTING"
  • FEASTING: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil Including Not-impressed Galadriel. Extension of FEAST, which includes Galadriel, also in disapproval mode, i.e. Elrond's fluster conditions in FEAST apply here for both Elrond and Galadriel
  • FLAST: Shorthand for Flustered Leggy AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of the worship for badass (maybe a smidgeon of oblivious in there somewhere) Thranduil and his actions/non-actions resulting in Legolas getting into a flap. Requires Legolas to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FEAST"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • Hair of Thranduil (aka HoT) Appreciation. Appreciation for Thranduil's gloriously silken beautiful platinum blond locks.
  • High Thud Risk (aka HTR): Alert for Pretty! hoarding thralls, invoked when 'EI' ain't cutting it. See also "Pretty!"
  • LA/LAEM: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Maximum Fabulosity Exposure (aka MFE): Thranduil's complete magnificence doing anything. Inspired by his awesome cool when riding Bubba the War-Elk. See also "Bubba"
  • Ninja-Hugger: Specifically LP dispensing hugs. Not that he hugs ninjas, but because he's sneaky like a ninja when he hugs people in the TH Vlogs and appendices and it takes everyone forever to realize it was even him, usually because he's back to camera when he bounces into frame. Will the sneaky hugging never end? We hope not! See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Unexpected Flash of Elf"
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend", "High Thud Risk"
  • Silent Thread Visitor (aka STV): Self-explanatory, also known as Silent Thread Reader. STVs, Thranduil has a question for you. What say you? Smile
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thrandfully: The right manner on how to express your thankfulness to all Thranduil-related and non-related subjects
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold See also "Threadlock".
    (See the "AVOIDING GENERIC POST-DEATH" and "AVOIDING POST- DEATH FROM THREADLOCK" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters).
  • TW: Thrall Wars. An ongoing(?) bit of silliness in the Fan Art board ribbing everything in and about the Thralldoms of Thranduil and that disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf (see "T&T"). Here be the headtrickle of this bright little snarklestream to nowhere
  • Unexpected Flash of Elf (aka UFE): Those moments in the TH BTS, Vlogs when Thranduil/LP flashes by. See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!", "High Thud Risk"

• [Click here for the general TORnspeak lexicon]

Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
    Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 1:59am

Post #2 of 216 (6460 views)
    Shortcut
         Various general responses to TAXVIII [In reply to]  

@Eruvandi
    Oooh!

In Reply To
    That's really pretty!

Isn't it though? *drool*

In Reply To
    ...Why do I suddenly have the urge to draw the back of Thranduil's head?Laugh

You and me, both!

@VValar
    Emmmm
    It's ok
    Thranduil's staff

In Reply To
    Whoa, 1.78m!! ShockedShocked I thought it was a bit shorter.

It's looking reasonably proportionate now we know he's 1.96m, isn't it?Smile

In Reply To
    Nearly as tall as I am so I have a nice indicator here Angelic

Shocked I've read your country has the tallest average height. But still, to be taller than 1.78!!!Mad no fair!CrazyTongue

In Reply To
    You're right! It's too bad I haven't got any talent or a decent amount of imagination to write anything fanfic related. Though I have read some nice stories concerning Leggy during his Ithilien phase so luckily there are very talented writers out there who had the same idea.

Leggy's fandom is mighty, never underestimate fangurlsAngelic

Ah thanks, I missed it

In Reply To
    Though it won't be released here until 17 Dec. Unsure

Huh. So you will get BotFA before revisiting GotG? Wow... interesting shift it's going to beSmile

We're over 200 posts

In Reply To
    Time for #18 any time soon Smile

HeartHeart

#19 isn't it?Smile But dang... that stare... *THUD*Heart

In Reply To
    Just imagine walking through Mirkwood and stumble across Thranduil...

*snigger* I think I will stumble and eat richly of loam, and whatever's in season, just catching a glimpse of Pretty! in the distance.BlushTongue Of course I'd look up and see no more of the Elven magnificenceUnsure

Wauw that's a very cool wooden sword
    Good eh?

In Reply To
    but I'm too much of a cheap bastard to actually go and buy them Tongue

LoL! Me too. Though just for these Pretty!, a
    m sooooo tempted to make an exception and get my own precious, but gah, gotta figure how to import a weapon.Crazy

LOL what an acurate caption

In Reply To
    Not nearly as sexy as Thranduil's character poster, but it is a cutie:

It certainly is! Just like in the original FEASTLaugh

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 2:10am

Post #3 of 216 (6417 views)
    Shortcut
         Trailer Anticipation (Continued from TAXVIII) [In reply to]  

(started here in TAXVIII)

@ Eruvandi:
    We wants the trailer, preciousss.

In Reply To
    Slightly annoying, but I wouldn't put it past them either. I wouldn't even be surprised if they release it on the 31st. Unimpressed As long as Thranduil is included (preferably we'll get to hear him say a line or two) I guess I'm willing to forgive them for the wait.Wink

It better be as coveted!Frown

In Reply To
    Side question: Do you think they'll use The Last Goodbye as the song for the trailer or do you think they'll go for more instrumental music? I'm thinking it might be a little early for them to let us hear the trailer song, but then again, I See Fire got released on Nov. 5th last year, so maybe not.

Well, if we go by what's been done for AUJ and DoS, seems like we wouldn't get The Last Goodbye since it's instrumental, but heck, the teaser's got a song accompanying already, so who knows?

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 20 2014, 2:10am)

Eowyn of Penns Woods
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 2:35am

Post #4 of 216 (6411 views)
    Shortcut
         Re: stumbling across Thranduil... [In reply to]  

Is that what we're calling it? Does sound classier than 'tackling', I must admit. ;)

NABOUF
    Not a TORns*b!
    Certified Curmudgeon
    Knitting Knerd
    NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 2:36am

Post #5 of 216 (6457 views)
    Shortcut
         DoS EE Discussion [In reply to]  

(Started here on TAXVIII)

@mariel
    Neither am I - I mean patient

In Reply To
    I certainly hope it appears somewhere. That crown is too good to waste. I prefer it to the twiggy one.

Am quietly hopeful that we will get Feast of Starlight. As you said, that crown's too good to waste. And if it wasn't in, I'd doubt the visuals will be released, just cos of the trouble of having to deflect questions spawned as a result.

Re that spoiler, yeah, I saw it. But well, my question is more along the lines of if it's just a flash-by of Thranduil without any lines or will he get to say something?

In Reply To
    I'm really annoyed they are releasing the download before the DVD/Blurays. I think they should all be released on the same day - for all countries. I bought the bluray of the AUJ EE and it contained a download with it and I believe the EE for DOS will be the same, so I'm not paying for the extra early download - yet I know I won;t have the willpower to ignore the discussions that will inevitably appear before I can see it myself, which is likely to spoil it somewhat - Gah.

I guess the powers that be are moving us plebians towards virtual media and in not too subtle a way either.FrownFrown

@VValar

That's right!!

In Reply To
    This image of the white stag, right?
    https://davegolder2005.files.wordpress.com/.../10/october-16-b.jpg

from: https://davegolder2005.wordpress.com/...desolation-of-smaug/

Ok this coming from a non-Hobbit reader: what sort of significance does this white stag have? I know it appears in Mirkwood and Thorin tries to shoot it and misses. What relation to Thranduil would you think it has?

Yup that's the one. As mariel replied

it is meant to be a manifestation of Thranduil, his avatar.

In the white post I added, there's a link to a post with a viddy of RA talking about it, and he mentions Thorin taking a shot at the white stag, seemingly a symbolic shot at Thranduil.

From this TORn article on the homepage.

There’s a much longer version of Mirkwood that we shot. There’s a really beautiful sequence where Bombur falls into the stream, the enchanted stream. We have to carry him, and then also Thorin and Bilbo see the white stag, which is a sort of manifestation of the Elf King, kind of projecting himself into the forest, and Thorin kind of symbolically tries to kill the stag with his crossbow. I was really disappointed that that couldn’t be in the film, ’cause I think it’s like a little beacon of the relationship between Thorin and the Elf King.

So from the released EE scene, we know the first part is in the EE. But I hope the rest plays out as well.

[book spoiler] this symbolism is entirely a movie-specific device. There's a normal coloured stag that the whole company tried to bring down in the book but only managed to injure, and this is after the white hind that they really didn't hit, but there's no mention of symbolism or manifestation. Though given the sources the writers and LP seemed to have drawn on in creating movie!Thranduil, it makes sense and is super exciting, especially if Thranduil speaks in this scene *I hope!!!*

From the collection of interviews here (scroll down for LP's)

His inspirations are very, very interesting to me. I thought of Oberon, the Fisher King … How do I begin to describe it? The thing about the Elves, the thing about this Elf, Thranduil, is that he’s not like people. They’re not like people. They don’t understand things like people. They’re more like a blizzard, or a very old tree, or a bear, or a tiger. They’re wild things. ‘He was the King of the Elves on the other side of the Wild,’ that’s what Tolkien wrote. He’s an exquisite thing, but he’s wild and dangerous because of his wildness—not because he’s evil, because he’s wild. That was the thing that I found very, very interesting.

[book spoiler end]
    Do you think this is an actual shot for

In Reply To
    Feast of Starlight?
    Or do you think this might be an early concept for the crown we have come to know so well by now

don't know tbh. There's been a bit of discussion in the post I linked to on this subject as well. But me, I hope it's not an early concept piece. I'd think with the care the production is taking to dress Thranduil for the occasion, and Tauriel's allusion of the Feast's importance, that Thranduil would be wearing a different crown, and this is so Starlight and festive, don't you think? *fingers crossed*

In Reply To
    *swooooooon* HeartHeartAngelic

Me tooHeart LaughTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 2:39am

Post #6 of 216 (6402 views)
    Shortcut
         *guffaw* [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Is that what we're calling it? Does sound classier than 'tackling', I must admit. ;)

Hadn't even crossed my mindAngelic Though, come to think of it, someone's gonna have to start teaching proper Thranduil stumbling/tackling techniques that ensures fruitful tackle and stumbler/tackler getting away with it with head still firmly attached to said neck, eh?

=======

KeenObserver
    Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 2:45am

Post #7 of 216 (6456 views)
    Shortcut
         'tis upon us [In reply to]  

I do believe that it will be unleashed this week!Smile
    I expect a line or two from Thranduil and I don't think the trailer music will be sentimental. It will be boisterous and aggressive. Telling us to get ready for battle!

Oh, right, Thranduil Appreciation Thread…..Um…..I should do some appreciating…….Ah! I will include a picture.

The original Elven King in all his glory. Lee Pace has done a swell job but he hasn't quite captured the essence of
    his predecessor (I wish he had tried harder).
    Wink
    Long live King Thranduil!

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Oct 20 2014, 2:55am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 3:24am

Post #8 of 216 (6420 views)
    Shortcut
         *AGOG* KeenObserver! Welcome! Thrice, thrice, thrice welcome! [In reply to]  

Glad to see you drop in at last!

In Reply To
    I do believe that it will be unleashed this week!Smile

You think? But the Oracle of Alberta has been strangely silent thus farCrazy

In Reply To
    I expect a line or two from Thranduil and I don't think the trailer music will be sentimental. It will be boisterous and aggressive. Telling us to get ready for battle!

Me likes this! Yes, the teaser's done its job. Gives us Thranduil speaking! And let it be the trailer when Men, Elves and disagreeable Dwarves draw swords together, and wait on Eagles and Bearie allies to save the evening. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn. Forth, four arimes! Meet that stinkin fifth one and put it away for goodEvilCrazyTongue

In Reply To
    Oh, right, Thranduil Appreciation Thread…..Um…..I should do some appreciating….Ah! I will include a picture.

The original Elven King in all his glory. Lee Pace has done a swell job but he hasn't quite captured the essence of
    his predecessor (he should have tried harder).
    Wink

*LoL* that... is so last centuryLaugh

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 20 2014, 3:30am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 3:32am

Post #9 of 216 (6381 views)
    Shortcut
         *snerkles* [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 3:38am

Post #10 of 216 (6400 views)
    Shortcut
         Mindwarp? (Kerewyn, look here!) [In reply to]  

AngelicTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 3:40am

Post #11 of 216 (6430 views)
    Shortcut
         Hmmm...BotFA fan art rendition of THAT scene [In reply to]  

Nicely done, don't you think?

=======

KeenObserver
    Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 4:08am

Post #12 of 216 (6385 views)
    Shortcut
         *Drops head in shame* [In reply to]  

I must apologize to the thralls and the true Elven King
    for my very poor attempt at humour.
    You have put me in my rightful place.
    I should have known better; what was I thinking?
    I hope that I can be forgiven for my discretion.
    All hail the one and only:

EvilWinkSly

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Oct 20 2014, 4:09am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 5:43am

Post #13 of 216 (6365 views)
    Shortcut
         pssst, you have observed too keenly [In reply to]  

that was a hoot, with all that unhip costuming and makeupCrazyFrownTongue but really... you have no idea how closely astute your observation's been... *furtive* here->shhh....
    Laugh

*ahem* apology submitted for review FrownEvilTongue

In Reply To
    I must apologize to the thralls and the true Elven King
    for my very poor attempt at humour.
    You have put me in my rightful place.
    I should have known better; what was I thinking?
    I hope that I can be forgiven for my discretion.
    All hail the one and only:

EvilWinkSly

Nice imageHeart you're a fast learnerLaugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 9:13am

Post #14 of 216 (6352 views)
    Shortcut
         LP on WB's awards season "for your consideration list" for BotFA [In reply to]  

I made a new thread on the full list here, but the bitsy that would interest fellow Thralls must surely be:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
    IAN McKELLEN
    RICHARD ARMITAGE
    ORLANDO BLOOM
    LEE PACE
    LUKE EVANS

=======

mariel
    Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 1:09pm

Post #15 of 216 (6336 views)
    Shortcut
         Just for continuity [In reply to]  

Might as well pop it in now Laugh

PS - I'm still hoping the cloak flourish scene will make it into the EE. It would only take up a fraction of a second of film time

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/380906080956813396/

stn5
    The Shire

Oct 20 2014, 3:10pm

Post #16 of 216 (6365 views)
    Shortcut
         Spoiler - New Thranduil scene in DOS EE [In reply to]  

http://m.youtube.com/...CY7pD5uGpWwoTQv1Gi2t

(This post was edited by stn5 on Oct 20 2014, 3:20pm)

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2014, 3:21pm

Post #17 of 216 (6304 views)
    Shortcut
         Thanks stn5! [In reply to]  

I was just about to post about that, but I see you've beaten me to it!Wink

My thoughts after watching it:

Looks like it's a clip from the Appendices. When it show's PJ talking about it, he says, "The way that the introduction to the Woodland realm took place and it's what we filmed, is that they're led in as prisoners before Thranduil. We spent quite a lot of time shooting it, I've gotta say, and everyone was great, but it was a scene that was really just unnecessary. They've been captured out in the forest, which was quite an elaborate sequence unto itself, and you really just want them to be thrown in the cells."

*gasp*Shocked Shame on you PJ! Scenes with Thranduil's sass in them are NEVER unnecessary and I most certainly do NOT just want the dwarves to go ahead and be chucked in their cells!

Honestly, the fact that they're showing so much of the scene in the Appendices with just the green screen background has me a little worried. I HOPE it just means that PJ's explaining why certain scenes were left out of the theatrical but reinstated in the EE, but there's a part of me that wonders if it's not getting reinstated at all, and that's why they're showing so much of it in that state.Unsure
    I want to see the sass in it's full glory!

P.S. Also, it almost sounded like PJ said "Thandruil" instead of Thranduil.Tongue

"Home is behind the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

stn5
    The Shire

Oct 20 2014, 3:33pm

Post #18 of 216 (6312 views)
    Shortcut
         Hope the scene is there..but.... [In reply to]  

I heard from some other forum said that the scene is not in the EE. It only in appendix.

Please Peter....WHY??!!!!......

some new photos:

(This post was edited by stn5 on Oct 20 2014, 3:41pm)

mariel
    Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 3:37pm

Post #19 of 216 (6302 views)
    Shortcut
         Thanks stn5 [In reply to]  

Sadly it looks as though this is not in the movie - it does say with the video that it is a deleted scene from the EE of DOS. What a shame and what a waste

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2014, 3:38pm

Post #20 of 216 (6310 views)
    Shortcut
         *cries* [In reply to]  

I heard from some other forum said that the scene is not in the EE. It only in appendix.

Please Peter....WHY??!!!!......

What?! WHYYYYYYYYYYY???!!!! FrownFrownFrown I sure hope that's not true or PJ's gonna have some explainin' to do! Mad

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

stn5
    The Shire

Oct 20 2014, 3:53pm

Post #21 of 216 (6315 views)
    Shortcut
         Thranduil Ring & Crown Collection [In reply to]  

(This post was edited by stn5 on Oct 20 2014, 4:01pm)

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2014, 4:12pm

Post #22 of 216 (6323 views)
    Shortcut
         I had to use an online meters to feet converter to figure it out but... [In reply to]  

Whoa, 1.78m!! ShockedShocked I thought it was a bit shorter.
    It's looking reasonably proportionate now we know he's 1.96m, isn't it?Smile

Looks like Thranduil's staff is approximately three inches taller than me and LP himself is nine inches taller! If I'm picturing it correctly, the top of my head *might* come up to that lovely brooch he wears on his collar, or thereabouts. Duuuuuude.Shocked

Re the wooden sword: That's made of wood?! Wow!ShockedShocked

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

stn5
    The Shire

Oct 20 2014, 4:12pm

Post #23 of 216 (6292 views)
    Shortcut
         More Photos [In reply to]  

(This post was edited by stn5 on Oct 20 2014, 4:15pm)

phij2
    Rivendell

Oct 20 2014, 4:15pm

Post #24 of 216 (6282 views)
    Shortcut
         yes Peter WHYYYYYY! [In reply to]  

26 extra minutes and you tried to cut Thranduil!! Mad

What is this treachery!!! Crazy

i really really hope this is wrong, otherwise i will be very, very, very cross.

Need more Thrandy - always and always

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2014, 4:16pm

Post #25 of 216 (6269 views)
    Shortcut
         *SQUEEE!* *bounces up and down* [In reply to]  

Closeups of the rings! I hope this means we'll explanations as to what the story behind each of them is!!!Laugh (It'll help make up for the disappointment over the lack of that one deleted scene!Mad)

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.