Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Does anyone else wish there was a 4 film...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

delius82
Rivendell

Oct 19 2014, 10:36pm

Post #1 of 39 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Does anyone else wish there was a 4 film... Can't Post

..to buffer the events between TDOS and BO5A?

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 10:41pm

Post #2 of 39 (852 views)
Shortcut
Did you mean between DOS and BOFA? [In reply to] Can't Post

That doesn't seem to make sense - or am I missing a joke?

delius82
Rivendell

Oct 19 2014, 10:45pm

Post #3 of 39 (839 views)
Shortcut
I didn't mean it as a joke.. [In reply to] Can't Post

it just seems to me that there's more material that could have been put into a 4th film. I guess this is part of my not wanting the existing trilogy to end spiel.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 10:46pm

Post #4 of 39 (809 views)
Shortcut
What sort of material are you thinking? [In reply to] Can't Post

bungobaggins
Lorien

Oct 19 2014, 10:48pm

Post #5 of 39 (808 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Oct 19 2014, 10:54pm

Post #6 of 39 (759 views)
Shortcut
lmao^^ [In reply to] Can't Post

bleheheheheLaugh I'm still not entirely convinced the OP isn't a troll..

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Oct 19 2014, 11:01pm

Post #7 of 39 (795 views)
Shortcut
Butter scraped over too much bread. [In reply to] Can't Post

They really could have used one more film to portray LotR properly -- RotK was an overcrowded mess. TH, however, has already been stretched too much.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Oct 19 2014, 11:14pm

Post #8 of 39 (774 views)
Shortcut
Return of the King... [In reply to] Can't Post

was a nightmare of a theatrical cut. I think the extended cut did wonders for it though. Only adds credence to the fact the academy gave it's 11 awards to the trilogy as a whole cuz noway did the return of the king theatre version deserve it.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 11:17pm

Post #9 of 39 (746 views)
Shortcut
Must... [In reply to] Can't Post

...resist impulse...to...debate...RotK...theatrical cut...

Tongue

Needless to say, I adore RotK, theatrical and extended, and would take extreme issue with that assessment of its Oscar haul.

Oops, there I go. Wink

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 19 2014, 11:30pm

Post #10 of 39 (719 views)
Shortcut
No! [In reply to] Can't Post

Three Hobbit movies are more than enough. Could LotR have been a quadrology? Yeah, if it was planned that way from pre-production.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 11:58pm

Post #11 of 39 (708 views)
Shortcut
i'm sure you are being sarcastic but [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally i would not want another film with "The Hobbit" as the title but i would love a "bridge film" as proposed by Del-Toro. Which takes place after the BOT5A and before FOTR. Aragorn and Gandalf tracking gollum down ect...

The flames of war are upon you..

KeenObserver
Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 12:10am

Post #12 of 39 (681 views)
Shortcut
"The Hunt for Gollum" is available on YouTube [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Oct 20 2014, 12:17am)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 12:57am

Post #13 of 39 (662 views)
Shortcut
I don't ever want it to end [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm glad it's going to be what we're getting.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 20 2014, 1:05am

Post #14 of 39 (651 views)
Shortcut
very nice and agree - I'd like six films [In reply to] Can't Post

With a world recreated as rich as this one, I don't want it to end. And IMO there is so much more that could be fleshed out, and since Tolkien himself worked seemingly constantly, don't see an issue.

But as said, it's hard to think that these films and characters may have not been.Unsure

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 2:17am

Post #15 of 39 (601 views)
Shortcut
Its a very rich world [In reply to] Can't Post

and I'm glad we've gotten to see it come to life via these six movies. It's been a darn good ride.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 20 2014, 2:40am

Post #16 of 39 (591 views)
Shortcut
I'd like one, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Really am sad this is the last Middle-earth film (for a while, maybe). These boards just won't feel the same, no excitement of new rumors or spotting of new pictures and speculation on when a trailer will hit. I feel like the forums will take a steady decline like after LOTR. Unsure I just don't want Middle-earth to be a dead property after the last Hobbit film. Like WB won't make any more products relating to Tolkien's world, like games or toys/collectibles. Happened after ROTK, Middle-earth basically died in the public eye, and nothing new came out for collectors like myself and just makes me sad that the same thing might happen after BOTFA...

Well, anyway, this film will definitely be a great send off, and although I dread the end, I also can't wait to see it!

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

KeenObserver
Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 3:02am

Post #17 of 39 (573 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a darn good ride.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Oct 20 2014, 3:03am)

KeenObserver
Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 3:11am

Post #18 of 39 (599 views)
Shortcut
If we live long enough . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

We just might be around for a reboot, a
remake or an adaptation of The Silmarillion.

Be safe and stay healthy, my friends.

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Oct 20 2014, 3:15am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 3:41am

Post #19 of 39 (555 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 5:26am

Post #20 of 39 (541 views)
Shortcut
Addendum: It may not look it but... [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah this sums up even my general sentiment

except I wasn't even expecting anything more after LotR tbh, so TH is an absolute unlooked-for bonanza... of great, good, and *hmmm* honestly, not-so fantastic, even when the two-film split into 3, but I'll take the lot, tank yew berry buch.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 20 2014, 5:27am)

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 7:16am

Post #21 of 39 (499 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

Please no.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 20 2014, 7:59am

Post #22 of 39 (499 views)
Shortcut
Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

Please yes.

Not between DoS and BoFA, just in general. And not because I expect another film, but because I know that Middle Earth is so rich in stories that I long to see and hear. I would love it if this team went on to make another, and another, and another. But I know they won't and can understand that they must be ready to move on. So I'm very grateful for what we've had - and so glad it was them and no one else.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 20 2014, 8:26am

Post #23 of 39 (462 views)
Shortcut
What she said. // [In reply to] Can't Post

dubulous
Rohan

Oct 20 2014, 8:35am

Post #24 of 39 (469 views)
Shortcut
Certainly not between DOS and BOTFA [In reply to] Can't Post

There's really no place for a movie between DOS and BOTFA, but even if Silmarillion rights never become available, there's material in the LOTR appendices that could be used to inspire a movie or few. I doubt that'll happen any time soon, though. I think this is the last we'll see with this cast and crew, or with PJ at the helm.

DeadRabbits
Rohan

Oct 20 2014, 8:40am

Post #25 of 39 (485 views)
Shortcut
No, not another Hobbit movie, but I do wish for another Middle Earth film. [In reply to] Can't Post

This will indeed be PJ:s last visit to ME, but hopefully another filmmaker will pick up the thread and make some of the ME stories that we still haven't seen come to life. There are some parts from the appendices that could be adapted into screenplays (Rise of the Witch King, Aragorn Begins, War in the North).

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.