New pictures of Kili?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 10:00pm

Post #1 of 29 (1835 views)
Shortcut
New pictures of Kili? Can't Post

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10413340_662071957241134_5703704356328930229_n.jpg?oh=d63a0c8c21a8ef7914778240f15b16e2&oe=54C0AD9C&__gda__=1422052388_308f55f95b7dcb08bec04767e6e8fb12

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...e87c&oe=54F36C64

Don't know if these have been posted before. But i love the first one :) Feel free to delete this thread if it has been posted before.

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

(This post was edited by DuBekar on Oct 17 2014, 10:01pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 10:09pm

Post #2 of 29 (836 views)
Shortcut
Thank you - think they are from the Annual and PR, higher res [In reply to] Can't Post

So they are "new" in a sense.

And it's great to see good dwarf images!Smile

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 18 2014, 4:20am

Post #3 of 29 (680 views)
Shortcut
I have the annual but haven't really looked at it fully [In reply to] Can't Post

Gonna finish reading the LOTR: Weapons and Warfare book before diving into it. But there is so great photos in there from what I've glanced at. Kili looks very stoic. Hope the dwarves manage to keep a lot of their plate armor throughout the battle, and slowly pieces begin to be discarded.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 18 2014, 5:27am

Post #4 of 29 (681 views)
Shortcut
I am not sure now where some images came from re calender images out now too [In reply to] Can't Post

And some of this art seems to get re-used a lot. But agree, some of these children's books have done a really nice job with images.

Re Kili, Aidan has said his character is not the same after the healing, I am guessing that it really sinks in how potentially deadly all of this is *Sigh*.

Weapons and Warfare sounds interesting!

(This post was edited by Avandel on Oct 18 2014, 5:32am)

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 18 2014, 6:00am

Post #5 of 29 (665 views)
Shortcut
That is a very interesting and tantalizing tidbit! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder how Kili changes after the healing (and mostly how he's going to react when the others point out to him that he asked if Tauriel could ever love him while he was delirious and she was actually present Tongue).

As you said, I bet he will be a lot more serious about things. I wonder how this will affect his character....

Wow, this small tidbit has got me even more impatient for the movie now! To be honest I hadn't thought about that idea at all, but now my curiosity is going to eat me alive Frown

leonmuse
Rivendell

Oct 18 2014, 6:13am

Post #6 of 29 (678 views)
Shortcut
Uruk-hai? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Kili "kiling" a Uruk-hai in the first image? isn't that one of the helmets seen being used by the Uruk-hai in TTT and that Azog poster?

Merovech
Bree

Oct 18 2014, 8:34am

Post #7 of 29 (624 views)
Shortcut
Nah [In reply to] Can't Post

That's Gundabad Orc armor.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 18 2014, 12:52pm

Post #8 of 29 (568 views)
Shortcut
Oh, sounds interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

When he is helping to lift the statue, I can just tell by his face he's a changed dwarf. Gonna be very interesting to see.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 18 2014, 6:29pm

Post #9 of 29 (523 views)
Shortcut
I've got the exact quote if anybody wants it. [In reply to] Can't Post

From Cloaks and Daggers:

There are some similarities between the costumes and the characters' own journeys. When Kili gets sick and is holed up in Lake-town it puts a dampener on his spirits and I don't think he really ever recovers from that. Although Tauriel cures him, he's not the same Dwarf that first showed up at Bag End with a sense of excitement about the adventure and journey. It's scary but it's what he and Fili have grown up hearing about in songs and poetry and suddenly they're there and they have to go.

I think as the journey goes on it just gets more serious and the reality sinks in. You see that bright outlook leach away just like their costumes lose their color and they lose stuff and get dirty and hurt. The reality is that it's not all fun. -- Aidan Turner

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next movie. Sounds like Kili's going to have a lot of growing up to do in a short amount of time.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 18 2014, 9:20pm

Post #10 of 29 (469 views)
Shortcut
That was great! Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

And happily we have dwarf actors who can portray that kind of subtle change - if it IS subtle. In both shots of Kili in the trailer and the images I've seen think we are seeing some of hat already. And I am REALLY curious (know we have discussed before) as to Fili's behavior. And they look AMAZING Heart

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 18 2014, 9:53pm

Post #11 of 29 (464 views)
Shortcut
Yep. That's what I think too. [In reply to] Can't Post

The shot of Kili marching out to who knows where in the trailer (perhaps a confrontation with Bard/Elves?) showed a very different Kili. I know he wears his "intense gaze" a lot, but that shot was different. I think it's going to be heartbreaking to watch him become so beaten down. I'm also really curious to see how he (and his brother too) will react to Thorin's fall into madness. He thinks the world of Thorin, so it's going to be a major blow for him.

And I am REALLY curious (know we have discussed before) as to Fili's behavior.

Oh, only about fifteen times already... Wink I'm always game for more. Tongue

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 18 2014, 11:01pm

Post #12 of 29 (468 views)
Shortcut
LOL indeed - from the BOFA trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO few topics are more compelling where these films are concerned, than 1) the hair of the Durins and 2) the SPARSE treatment of the sister-son relationship of the Heirs which nonetheless has touched the a hearts of many, as evidenced by both art and commentary 'round the net.

Anyway, LOL WB having gotten the fans all fired up with some PR image releases - tho none of the dwarves besides Thorin Frown to make sure everyone remembers to put their order in for the EE tho many will stubbornly hold out for the disks (like me, I hope Unsure)

Not much discussed (probably because it's difficult to see anything re the trailer tho I am sure this will be improved) evidently our brothers will be riding shotgun for Balin along with Dwalin in the war-cart - it SEEMS to be Fili and Kili and I am ASSUMING they are going for help (but who knows since PJ changes things at the last minute at times...)

which begs the question of how the company gets back together - possibly saying "hi" to Dain, "a bunch of greedy elves and men want to take the gold of Erebor, come quick, nice to see you" and we gotta get back with the good news because Thorin has been feeling poorly and could use cheering up?

That will be very cool if it happens tho this could be something else altogether.

And another image just because.Heart

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 18 2014, 11:29pm

Post #13 of 29 (473 views)
Shortcut
PS. Fili - larger w. link [In reply to] Can't Post

Original at: https://www.tumblr.com/...e+of+the+five+armies

http://moustacheluke.tumblr.com/...the-five-armies-2015

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 5:45am

Post #14 of 29 (401 views)
Shortcut
I love him dearly too...// [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 5:51am

Post #15 of 29 (406 views)
Shortcut
Your "saying "hi" to Dain,", etc...LOL!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

"possibly saying "hi" to Dain, "a bunch of greedy elves and men want to take the gold of Erebor, come quick, nice to see you" and we gotta get back with the good news because Thorin has been feeling poorly and could use cheering up?"
I wish you had been part of the script writing, it would have been great fun!!! Wink

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 5:54am

Post #16 of 29 (408 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to Aidan for this important comment...// [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 6:09am

Post #17 of 29 (409 views)
Shortcut
Good!...I was missing him!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

To me he does represent, together with protective brother Fili, a gentler, more child-like and open young Dwarf way of being, that I appreciate greatly has been accentuated in the movies. That he evokes tenderness even from Tauriel doesn't surprise me at all: he does the same to me!...AngelicWink

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2014, 9:08am

Post #18 of 29 (402 views)
Shortcut
How do they acquire this CART? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing IZZ living anywhere near
Erebor
Except MAYBE?

BigHorn Sheep on the Mountainsides?
(too agile on the Mountainsides for Smaug to TOAST them?)
...Or what?

This CHARGE downhill with Balin, Dwalin, Fili & Kili?

..Apparently needs to be
Happening really early.. in the Battle...
(Forces closing in @ Dale?)

Is this the Supposed, Possible "Suicide RUN"?

WHERE they RACE to the IRON HILLS
to plead for Back-up..

Would make sense, if

Brothers Balin & Dwalin..&
Brothers Fili & Kili
Volunteer?... to go to.. GET
Dain..

Jus' a proposed Plot TWIST:

1. They OUT-Race Wargs (Seen in the Trailer)

2. They encounter Dain & his Ram Army already moving?..(We never see the Iron Hills)

3, Dainzz SPYs have seen Smaug toasting Laketown from a Great distance?

4. They ride Back WITH DAIN
on their OWN RAMS?

5. Like the Riders fo Rohan
come OVER a Hill
THEN..

6. Ride into the Middle of Thousands of ORCzz?

Bom's
puny head is spinning @ the
PJ
PLOT Twists &
Possibilities..about how this scenario...will
play out.

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Oct 19 2014, 9:17am)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 2:28pm

Post #19 of 29 (359 views)
Shortcut
Your reply is to the THREAD, not to me, I assume...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 19 2014, 2:32pm

Post #20 of 29 (365 views)
Shortcut
Lake-town? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
How do they acquire this CART? Nothing IZZ living anywhere near
Erebor
Except MAYBE?

BigHorn Sheep on the Mountainsides?
(too agile on the Mountainsides for Smaug to TOAST them?)
...Or what?

The folk of Lake-town were supposed to have outbuildings on the shore of Long Lake; these would presumably included barns and paddocks for beasts. Some of these buildings could have had some artifacts from Erebor--carts, wagons and such. Tolkien would surely not have included a battle-chariot, but these are Jackson's films.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Oct 19 2014, 4:27pm

Post #21 of 29 (343 views)
Shortcut
thank you for posting this [In reply to] Can't Post

I appreciate Aidan's commitment to showing this shift. I want to be in his corner again and would love to see some characterization growth or unravelling for him and Fili.

Interesting that Avandel's image below your post shows Kili wearing more golden armor than his brother. One with Thorin, one not?

... on the other side of tomorrow...

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 19 2014, 5:28pm

Post #22 of 29 (329 views)
Shortcut
*bows* "grin" - just having some fun [In reply to] Can't Post

tho I guarantee if I HAD been involved in the script we'd have a lot more epic dwarf moments AND Thranduil moments. Especially with a carefully placed wind machine Wink.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 19 2014, 5:49pm

Post #23 of 29 (333 views)
Shortcut
you are welcome and re the armor [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm gonna GUESS that re the armor and costumes the designers are just carefully continuing what they have done so well with the Heirs (re the WETA books) - that the Durins all have a distinct color (originally if muted like Thorin's being the rich blue - at first) and re BOFA they have "royal" leather and chain maille - different, yet with details that tie the costumes together. One thing I have been liking a lot is the triangular quilting? braiding? of Thorin and Fili's gloves where that motif was used.

But, your comment I think makes a point, in that I think Fili will be far more emotionally torn than Kili IN THE SENSE of split thinking - e.g. as the elder and heir to the throne, think Fili would be far more immersed in the concepts of duty to his race, and utter loyalty, and stories of elven betrayal.

And yet he watched an elf heal his beloved brother. Whereas Kili I think is not as immersed in the old traditions, so would just outright - not unlike Tauriel really - be more likely to question fighting with the elves.

So in that sense I think the weight on Fili is very heavy, having to weigh both sides. And it will be really interesting to see how this plays out.

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 19 2014, 8:15pm

Post #24 of 29 (308 views)
Shortcut
Interesting point. [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't thought about it that way -- that Fili and Kili might for once be divided on a subject. I'm fairly certain that Fili will be more outspoken than Kili due to the fact that he is older, more mature (in that he thinks things through more), and he already has a bone to pick with Thorin about leaving Kili in Lake-town. He's also gotten a taste of leadership (in Bard's house, and, I'm assuming, leading the dwarves back to Erebor -- in fact, at that point, he might even think that he is king, that Thorin died), so he'd probably be more willing to speak up.

Kili does sort of hero worship Thorin so he could possibly stand by him (to a degree; I doubt that the filmmakers would change the fact that he's against Thorin's choices; that's a crucial part of his character). That would show extreme loyalty on his part. I don't think most people would follow someone who said to their face that they weren't enough to prolong the Quest.

Lots to think about. Smile This will definitely be the movie where the family dynamics between the three are brought to the forefront. It will be interesting to see where loyalties lie when all's said and done.

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 19 2014, 9:29pm

Post #25 of 29 (291 views)
Shortcut
Avandel, am I that transparent? [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkTongue Somehow you knew that a high res version would be needed. Angelic I guess I have mentioned my...erm...adoration for a certain dwarf several times (*cough* about twenty).

In all seriousness though, I value his character more than his looks. I refuse to be lumped in with the other rather mindless fangirls (even though I can go on about his hair ad nauseam).

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.