Come on in! It's Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 4:16pm

Post #1 of 99 (386 views)
Shortcut
Come on in! It's Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

Hello, everyone! It's another Friday and another Fiesta!

Let us know what exciting things you did this week, or what exciting things you have planned for the weekend!!

*kicks juke box* "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash starts to play (seems applicable for TheOneRing.net Laugh)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!! SmileCoolHeart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 4:23pm

Post #2 of 99 (252 views)
Shortcut
I'll have something hot [In reply to] Can't Post

It's getting colder and colder by the day. The temperature's been falling below zero for a couple of nights now, not rising above a few degrees (Celsius) during the day either. Brrr! It takes time to get use to the change of weather.

Another busy week has passed. No big plans for the weekend, just hoping to catch my breath a bit.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2014, 4:24pm

Post #3 of 99 (244 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heh, well, my weekend's probably going to be pretty much the same as usual. (But, hey, it's a good usual! :D )

Speaking of usual, I'll have my Fall Usual, please :) -- thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, too, Altaira! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 4:30pm

Post #4 of 99 (245 views)
Shortcut
Stumbles in at 5am on Saturday... [In reply to] Can't Post

How exciting to arrive when there is actually someone behind the bar!
How depressing that the reason I am here so early is because I have to leave at 7.00 to go away for a work retreat which will take up my whole weekend. But I'm not bitter. No, no, precious. Laugh

Please give me masses of coffee so black and thick it will keep me alive somehow.

Enjoy your weekends everyone. I must go, I have to pack my bag and sulk a bit more...

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 4:30pm

Post #5 of 99 (242 views)
Shortcut
Cycling and New England fall colors [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought a new bicycle this week and will be riding as much as I can this weekend to enjoy the last of New England's fall colors: all those reds, oranges, and golds that give Lorien a run for its money.

And it's the right season for hot chocolate, especially with some Bailey's Irish Cream added to it.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 4:32pm

Post #6 of 99 (238 views)
Shortcut
Well, once the power came back on... [In reply to] Can't Post

Had a power outage at the house this morning - fortunately, I'd already gotten out of the shower (we're on a well that requires electricity for pumping). So I could still have a bowl of cereal and read the paper (by flashlight - this was just after 6:00 a.m.), but checking out TORn had to wait until I got to work!

(Ah, no, I can't check it on my phone, that just has numbers for dialing and limited text ability...Wink)

LOL, Ring of Fire...haven't there been some great parodies done of that song?

Looks like a good weekend for some Fall yard-work! Might I have a mug of coffee, please, Altaira? With a spoonful of cocoa mix? Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 4:33pm

Post #7 of 99 (235 views)
Shortcut
*pours big mug of hot chocolate* [In reply to] Can't Post

Eeeps! That *is* cold. It snowed once already (a light dusting in early September), but other than that we've had gorgeous weather well into the 70s (f) and even 80s, and sunny, every day. Not all *that* unusual for Colorado, but I keep wondering when the other shoe is going to drop, lol. Laugh

Have a great weekend 'regrouping' BlackFox!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 4:33pm

Post #8 of 99 (232 views)
Shortcut
Usual? [In reply to] Can't Post

As in...some episodes of a certain Doctor usual? Wink

Enjoy the colors, Evey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 4:34pm

Post #9 of 99 (231 views)
Shortcut
As usual, it sounds like you have a great weekend planned [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

*mixes hot chocolate with a healthy portion of miruvor* I hope you enjoy it, Evey!!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 4:36pm

Post #10 of 99 (232 views)
Shortcut
Ouch! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hang in there, Starling. Smile

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 4:36pm

Post #11 of 99 (230 views)
Shortcut
*puts hot coffee in a jumbo-sized to-go mug* [In reply to] Can't Post

Eeeeew! All weekend away from home to do with work? I hope it's at least someplace nice and they feed you well.

Try to enjoy! Smile

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 4:40pm

Post #12 of 99 (229 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

When it starts snowing here, it snows at least five months in a row. Laugh

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 4:40pm

Post #13 of 99 (229 views)
Shortcut
We have a large bottle of Bailey's staged [In reply to] Can't Post

... on the bar. It will be a permanent fixture from now until late Spring. Laugh

I can imagine how lovely the NE colors would look from a bicycle. Remember to look at the road every once in a while too, and enjoy!

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 4:43pm

Post #14 of 99 (225 views)
Shortcut
An exciting start to your Friday, dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did the power come back on by the time you left for work? Haha! I can just imagine you sitting eating cereal in the dark. I have a back-lit keyboard on my laptop and have used it quite often when I can't sleep, both to get a little work done and to check TORn of course. Angelic

Have a wonderful weekend outside!

Kim
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 4:55pm

Post #15 of 99 (229 views)
Shortcut
I'll take some of that hot chocolate and Bailey's please [In reply to] Can't Post

It's definitely getting chilly around here, and I'm currently waiting for the electrician to come so I can get the heat going. In the meantime, I'm snuggling up in my Seahawks hoodie. Smile The fall colors are starting up now - my commute is lined with beautiful maples all red/gold/orange, so at least that helps distract from the traffic. As for the weekend, just have an alumnae event tomorrow morning, then will probably be curled up with books & movies (hopefully) enjoying the restored heat.

Happy weekend all!

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 5:02pm

Post #16 of 99 (222 views)
Shortcut
You got it, Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh gosh! Did you find out your heat wasn't working when it finally got cold? Brrrr! I hope you get it back on and can enjoy a cozy, warm weekend! Smile

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2014, 5:06pm

Post #17 of 99 (218 views)
Shortcut
Haha, yes, indeed! ;D [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been a fan of DW for years, but somehow this season has made me fall in love with it all over again! <3

Hope you have a great weekend, dernwyn! :)

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Annael
Immortal

Post #18 of 99 (225 views)
Shortcut
ah hot chocolate sounds like just the ticket! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not cold here, but cooler for sure. Someone in the neighborhood is, I think, grading their driveway or lot or something - a steady sort of rummm, rummm, rummm noise began at 6 AM (!) and is continuing; a nice cuppa hot chocolate would divert my thoughts from going out and throwing rocks at them.

Got through a big project this am and plan on spending the next couple of hours organizing stuff (fun if you're a Capricorn!) and generally cleaning, so that I can go play in Seattle (going to hear "Don Juan") all weekend.

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Oct 17 2014, 5:07pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #19 of 99 (218 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 5:09pm

Post #20 of 99 (220 views)
Shortcut
I have to take my own breakfast for tomorrow [In reply to] Can't Post

It's packed in a little plastic bag. *sobs*
This is all very high powered stuff you know.

At least we are going somewhere nice (Hanmer) but I will be mostly in meetings all weekend and then straight back to work on Monday. The glory and glamour of middle-management in schools. Laugh

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 17 2014, 5:10pm

Post #21 of 99 (219 views)
Shortcut
I love organizing! [In reply to] Can't Post

(though, I'm a Scorpio, not a Capricorn). I could spend hours in an office supply store, organizing/container store, IKEA, etc., and all of those in one day would be nirvana! Laugh

Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned, playing. I hope you enjoy it! Smile

Kim
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 5:11pm

Post #22 of 99 (216 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

That'll hit the spot! The heat actually went out in April, so I managed to stick it out until it warmed up in the spring, then started saving up to have the repairs done at the end of the summer. It was supposed to get fixed 2 weeks ago, which would have been perfect since it was still pretty warm, but I got the wrong replacement parts, so had to order the right ones (which of course were not available locally like the wrong ones were Crazy) and reschedule once they arrived.

P.S. Ooh, the electrician just called and asked if I'd mind if he came early - yay!

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 6:33pm

Post #23 of 99 (213 views)
Shortcut
It's Architecture Saturday for me [In reply to] Can't Post

Tomorrow, a group of us are driving up to Racine, Wisconsin to tour the SC Johnson building, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The building was not open for tours until recently, and because of the demand the reservations have to be made months in advance. My sister's friend reserved our spots last June, and our time slot is Saturday morning at 10 am. We're going to make a day of it and visit the Racine Art Museum and Wingspread. Wingspread was once the home of the Johnson family,which founded SC Johnson (some of you might have heard of Johnson Wax), and it now houses the Johnson Foundation, a convention center. Wright also designed Wingspread.

Racine is a small town about halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago, and it's got a very charming downtown. We have had a gorgeous autumn, and the leaves still have a lot of color. Supposed to be a nice day tomorrow - perfect for an outing!

I found a local distiller who makes a nice blended scotch - Koval's Four Grain - so I'll help myself to a nice dram. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 6:43pm

Post #24 of 99 (217 views)
Shortcut
Success on the battlefield! [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally found exactly the right spot for bird-watching on the battlefield, I mean. ;)
No picture proof yet, but it was near here, yesterday.

The color should be much better today with the sun back out again. It's going to be a weekend in the woods for us.

Fresh apple cider and gingerbread, please!

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Glassary
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 6:54pm

Post #25 of 99 (212 views)
Shortcut
Oooo you would love The Container Store [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira it's like a candy store for OCD organization nuts. Want to buy everything when I'm there but know I'm not organized enough to use it.

Highly recommend with the hot chocolate some wintergreen schnapps. Just as smidge and it's like a York peppermint pattie.

This past week been down with comic-con flu, just died after the show was over. But luckily it came upon me after it was over.
So this weekend is indoors , resting up, watching the leaves change outside and Dr Who inside.

(This post was edited by Glassary on Oct 17 2014, 6:56pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.