The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Possible shot/film of Lorien in BO5A??

delius82
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 12:04am

Post #1 of 5 (950 views)
Shortcut
Possible shot/film of Lorien in BO5A?? Can't Post

We know that Radagast is off to retrieve her at Gandalf's bidding. Do you think there might be some shots/film of this luminous realm?

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 12:23am

Post #2 of 5 (444 views)
Shortcut
I wish that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to see Lorien again, even if for a brief while Smile

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

leonmuse
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 1:20am

Post #3 of 5 (404 views)
Shortcut
My dear Earl! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love it too! But it seems unlikely since it would "ruin" the magic in Fellowship, at least that's what I presume has been what PJ thought.

But it is possible, as Lorien is a neighborhood to Mirkwood. But it's unlikely.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier
world. But, sad or merry, I must leave it now.
Farewell."

(This post was edited by leonmuse on Oct 17 2014, 1:26am)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 2:17am

Post #4 of 5 (351 views)
Shortcut
That makes sense [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'd love to see it in some fashion at least. Maybe even from afar - like a golden mound on the horizon, a light against the darkness of Dol Guldur.

That's just wishful I guess.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

dubulous
Rohan

Oct 17 2014, 7:56am

Post #5 of 5 (223 views)
Shortcut
I wish but probably not [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think they would go to the trouble of rebuilding that set, or even just part of it, for what is likely to be a very brief scene. Maybe they'll meet somewhere on the outskirts (because Galadriel would be aware of Radagast entering the woods) and so instead of Caras Galadhon what we'd see would essentially just be a bit of forrest, maybe a flet somewhere up a tree to indicate elvish habitation.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.