Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XVIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 10:41pm

Post #126 of 204 (2636 views)
Shortcut
     Hmm. I actually like the color version better [In reply to]  

I like the B&W Bard and disagreeable dwarf pics just fine, but IMO, color adds extra drama to the Thranduil pic that I miss when it's gone.

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 10:46pm

Post #127 of 204 (2637 views)
Shortcut
     Nice! [In reply to]  

A bit Ganddy at-dawn-look-to-the-east in TTT, vibe don't you think?

Definitely. We could just caption it, "Thranduil saves the day!"Angelic

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 10:50pm

Post #128 of 204 (2634 views)
Shortcut
     Lol [In reply to]  

True. Very true.Wink

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 10:56pm

Post #129 of 204 (2632 views)
Shortcut
     Whoa great scan, better resolution [In reply to]  

Very happy with it Smile

In Reply To
Here's a good res oneHeart

I'm feeling this more than the image from the mug.
Just look at how relaxed his reverse grip looks. Like it's no biggy at all the swing those long, deadly swords around.

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 10:59pm

Post #130 of 204 (2623 views)
Shortcut
     Oh btw [In reply to]  

I like Leggy's (not so original) pose/photo. Though I think poor Tauriel looks horrific in the closeup. Weird looking neck and strange position of her mouth. And WHY is she standing in front of Leggy? It seems they feel the need to push the female character in front of all the guys. I hope this does not imply she will have a bigger role than Legs/Thranduil.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 11:01pm

Post #131 of 204 (2655 views)
Shortcut
     I probably went wrong with typing 'cats' 'panther' 'lion' tiger' [In reply to]  

When I only should've typed 'snow leopard' obviously. The one cat I forgot to search for Evil

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 11:13pm

Post #132 of 204 (2611 views)
Shortcut
     More Thudding Risks [In reply to]  

Looks good huh? Angelic

Bigger picture clicky's!

Oh and HTR alert of course !!

And how bout this one Heart

In Reply To
oh... VValar... was meaning to ask. Do you study genetics? Seems you know a bit on the topic.

Thanks but I'm afraid I just paid close attention during Bio class in Highschool back in the day (always was a fav class of mine) Smile Plus there are a couple of MD's in the family so I'm sure to google my info thouroughly before entering any medical related conversation (believe me I learned that the hard way).

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 11:15pm

Post #133 of 204 (2619 views)
Shortcut
     Liking the HR 'Bring it' clicky [In reply to]  

Who said Elves didn't get dirty?

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 11:20pm

Post #134 of 204 (2617 views)
Shortcut
     What's not to love? [In reply to]  

They're all Thranduil in armor so lots of HeartHeart
And that first fanedit with those icy blue eyes....... *swoon*

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 11:23pm

Post #135 of 204 (2647 views)
Shortcut
     Those eyes! [In reply to]  

Again *swoon* They seem to be an awesome fan inspired subject as well don't they?

That's a cool view of Leggy wearing a crown inspired by Thranduil's. I wonder what kind of headpiece he would wear as 'lord of Ithilien'? Same one he's wearing on Aragorn's corronation (which was beautiful imo).

PS another T&L cutie

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 1:53am

Post #136 of 204 (2623 views)
Shortcut
     Yes, thank the Valar... and PR machinery kicking into gear [In reply to]  

Heart I am glad we're getting pretty much new images every new thing we so far. so exciting!HeartHeartHeart

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 1:55am

Post #137 of 204 (2632 views)
Shortcut
     *hugs* [In reply to]  

It's ok! I'm a dinosaur in some facades of IT as well. BlushSmile *sigh* OT: I so wish my GIMP self-education could go smoother and faster but... gah!Unsure

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 1:58am

Post #138 of 204 (2621 views)
Shortcut
     She (I think so too) is a genius [In reply to]  

She's done some great stuff, eg our fav recurring image of his lounging majestyHeartAngelic

In Reply To
This person is VERY good at locating high res images.

though I suspect that image might be a scan from a personal itemSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 1:59am

Post #139 of 204 (2606 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah... for some reason, quite taken with that first one [In reply to]  

... such mesmerising eyes HeartHeartHeart *stares... and stares... and stares... *

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:05am

Post #140 of 204 (2613 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, that first one [In reply to]  

got the Thingol/Oropher vibeHeart like the ones in this post.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:14am

Post #141 of 204 (2615 views)
Shortcut
     *blush and deep bow* [In reply to]  

Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:20am

Post #142 of 204 (2609 views)
Shortcut
     Precious!!! [In reply to]  

Thanks, mariel!Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:26am

Post #143 of 204 (2606 views)
Shortcut
     oh yes... [In reply to]  

especially this

In Reply To
I just want to know if there's more Thranduil and I'm starting to reach that point in the year where I break out in periodic SQUEEEEs every time I think about the EE or BotFA! I can't wait!Laugh

Just more more Thranduil! And mwoar lines, for the Valar's mercy HeartHeartHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:29am

Post #144 of 204 (2598 views)
Shortcut
     *bows* Feline grace [In reply to]  

LOVE that comparison of Elven grace to the cats. It's absolutely apt, especially when thinking of the Silmmie Elves - savage beauty really, or as one old docu on big cat revolution was titled: The Velvet ClawHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:31am

Post #145 of 204 (2631 views)
Shortcut
     Awww [In reply to]  

It's okSmile

*heh* Just cos of Thranduil's blonde perfection and the conditions of the Battle, I went with snow leopard. I reckon mountain lion in snow works too. And for Spring/Summer, jaguar and leopardHeartAngelic

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:33am

Post #146 of 204 (2631 views)
Shortcut
     ikr? [In reply to]  

And GotG is coming out on Home Entertainment format soonish too right? Hope you get to see it soonSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:42am

Post #147 of 204 (2603 views)
Shortcut
     yeah... [In reply to]  

Just glad we are getting awesome new PRETTY! for ThranduilHeartHeartHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:43am

Post #148 of 204 (2598 views)
Shortcut
     Point! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
It'll be Ok. If nothing else, we can get screencaps of you when BotFA comes out and edit them so that they look better!Wink

Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:44am

Post #149 of 204 (2611 views)
Shortcut
     Eh no [In reply to]  

In Reply To
PS does anyone else have this problem of the inserted pictures showing in your textbox, however not in your preview? Only after inserting the same code 5 times does it all of the sudden magically seem to work Mad

TORn not being good for ya eh? Commiserations.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:46am

Post #150 of 204 (2605 views)
Shortcut
     hmmm [In reply to]  

I have a liking for the monotones cos stripping away colour shows up details. Am loving the details on Thranduil thb Smile but I get what you mean. The EPIC! with his army just calls for colour, but still in isolation me likey the B&WAngelic

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.