LEGO SETS REVEALED

Óintment
The Shire

Oct 16 2014, 10:38pm

Post #1 of 21 (1962 views)
Shortcut
LEGO SETS REVEALED Can't Post

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Hobbit-ByTheme?cmp=SOC-INGLO14OctHobbitTwitter

Pick up line: Are you an Ork, cause you make my sting Glow!

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 16 2014, 10:48pm

Post #2 of 21 (1071 views)
Shortcut
With king battle [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks interesting!

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

JamesPaganini
Rivendell

Oct 16 2014, 10:53pm

Post #3 of 21 (1051 views)
Shortcut
Spoilers [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! If you read the information about each set they reveal some big spoilers. So Elrond and Galadriel will battle the witchking?

Not all those who wander are Lost

Darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 16 2014, 10:59pm

Post #4 of 21 (953 views)
Shortcut
The smaug set -With FILI- [In reply to] Can't Post

Will Smaug return to Erebor and fight? Now with Fili there too..

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Wordofmask
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 11:02pm

Post #5 of 21 (934 views)
Shortcut
Note for interesting stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

The potion bottle Galadriel holds.

Dain looks so great as Lego figure.

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 11:43pm

Post #6 of 21 (866 views)
Shortcut
Sounds awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I cannot wait for the Dol Guldur scenes!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

(This post was edited by Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth on Oct 16 2014, 11:44pm)

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 12:18am

Post #7 of 21 (817 views)
Shortcut
Golden Sword? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if film Elrond will also have a golden sword.
It might be Jackson's way of setting him apart. The Phial with the Light that Galadriel has here seems accurate info as well, so why not a golden sword?
I also looked again at their Dol Guldur ambush set, showing Beorn fighting Gundabad Orcs. I wonder if that will turn out to be a completely made up set, or if that actually happens in some form.
Man there is so much that we do not know yet. For instance, last year's Battle of Dol Guldur set has Radagast and Gandalf fighting Sauron and Azog.
http://shop.lego.com/...?fromListing=listing
This never happened, but then we never saw Radagast there at all, and you'd think he will feature this time around.
Also, Saruman appears nowhere in these sets. Could it be that primarily Elrond and Galadriel face the Nine, and Saruman confronts Sauron?

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 17 2014, 2:15am

Post #8 of 21 (702 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait to pick these up! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope they make more Middle-earth Lego sets after BOTFA. So much more potential!

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Scorchster
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 3:03am

Post #9 of 21 (708 views)
Shortcut
Probably not I'd say [In reply to] Can't Post

LEGO sometimes combines multiple scenes from films in one set. In the case of Erebor, they're probably just combining the fight with Smaug with scenes from the third film.

IMO this is actually a good thing - you can enact multiple scenes from both films with just one set.Smile

leonmuse
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 3:43am

Post #10 of 21 (718 views)
Shortcut
Witch King battle! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm excited to see this battle! And anxious for the 5 armies' battle!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier
world. But, sad or merry, I must leave it now.
Farewell." ...

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Oct 17 2014, 4:33am

Post #11 of 21 (679 views)
Shortcut
The Witch King's crown [In reply to] Can't Post

It's interesting that the Witch King has the correct crown in his Lego form. But in AUJ he has the wrong crown for some reason. Was he just borrowing Khamul's that day or something?

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2014, 6:21am

Post #12 of 21 (618 views)
Shortcut
Same with me!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 7:07am

Post #13 of 21 (586 views)
Shortcut
They have been revealed for some time, though. [In reply to] Can't Post

And we know from previous sets that we have to be careful to guess too much from them.

However, I assume the Witch King will be in Bot5A... otherwise the inclusion of the Radagast scene, the Morgul blade and the High Fells would have been a really bad storytelling device.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2014, 8:33am

Post #14 of 21 (560 views)
Shortcut
I WILL BE VERY DISSAPOINTED IF THEY FIGHT THE WITCH KING AND NOT SAURON [In reply to] Can't Post

How on earth do you expect that you have your grey wizard facing Sauron the great and then an entire elf patrol and a withe wizard at least came to save the day and there is not a proper confrontation with Sauron the great?

I expect Sauron the great to bid them welcome

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 8:50am

Post #15 of 21 (538 views)
Shortcut
I am rather sure they will fight both... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the Master his minions :)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2014, 8:56am

Post #16 of 21 (515 views)
Shortcut
far better they will [In reply to] Can't Post

Mad

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

emre43
Rohan

Oct 17 2014, 8:57am

Post #17 of 21 (539 views)
Shortcut
Balin/Dwalin? [In reply to] Can't Post

What is that thing that Balin is carrying in the Erebor set? And is that Dwalin with the green axe?

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 9:00am

Post #18 of 21 (516 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

Balin is carrying a key and club.

Dwalin an axe.

LordGawain
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 10:40am

Post #19 of 21 (487 views)
Shortcut
Aeglos [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that Aeglos Elrond is holding?

Half a league, half a league, half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death, rode the six hundred.
'Forward, the Light Brigade! Charge for the guns' he said:
Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.

Theirs not to make reply, theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 10:48am

Post #20 of 21 (514 views)
Shortcut
Well, they're rubbish... [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess the other sets didn't sell well enough so they made these cheap just to fulfill the contract. They're pretty boring. Cool to have Dain, but that's about it. Unsure

Drakblod
Rivendell

Oct 17 2014, 2:27pm

Post #21 of 21 (418 views)
Shortcut
Yeah they suck. [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree.. The quality has been declining ever since the first wave of the first LOTR sets..

Frankly there's one highlight in the fact that we get a small set with 3 exclusive minifigs, but Laketown looks boring, and has boring figs, Battle of Five Armies is the same and Lonely Mountain is extremely overpriced (850 pieces for 130 bucks) and the Smaug looks like it came straight out off a Playmobil set..

like butter scraped over too much bread.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.