Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 4:37am

Post #101 of 204 (2963 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art: Pretty! of the two new banner/posters [In reply to]  

(link)

(link)

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 4:44am

Post #102 of 204 (2965 views)
Shortcut
     Random snerkle - Silmmie [In reply to]  

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 4:51am

Post #103 of 204 (2941 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art: The 3 main Mirkwood Elves. Thematic and evocative [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 4:54am

Post #104 of 204 (2942 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art: Oropher and Legolas [In reply to]  

Poignant. But my question: Are you a Leggy-is-a-SA-Elf believer? imo, I rather think he's TA and would not have known GrampsUnsure

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 5:00am

Post #105 of 204 (2939 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art: Thranduil!!! [In reply to]  

Back to focus, shall we?EvilHeartAngelic

=======

mariel
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 7:30am

Post #106 of 204 (2937 views)
Shortcut
     Good grief! [In reply to]  

The floodgates have opened. How nice though to get some new images of His Royal Magnificence at last HeartLaugh

mariel
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 7:34am

Post #107 of 204 (2927 views)
Shortcut
     Well [In reply to]  

One of these is the image I used. Obviously something went amiss with my posting. I did mention technology isn't my forte. Frown

mariel
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 7:39am

Post #108 of 204 (2948 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks [In reply to]  

This person is VERY good at locating high res images. Wonder how she does it (am assuming Maivolchica is female). Also very good at image manipulation.

mariel
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 7:42am

Post #109 of 204 (2926 views)
Shortcut
     Like the first one [In reply to]  

The others aren't bad either.

mariel
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 7:46am

Post #110 of 204 (2933 views)
Shortcut
     Mmmm [In reply to]  

That first one!Heart. However, I really don't like any of the ones showing the face scar

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 12:03pm

Post #111 of 204 (2946 views)
Shortcut
     Higher-res closeup [In reply to]  

There's Chinese script at the bottom of the source. Nothing of note, in case you're curious what it meansSmile

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 16 2014, 12:17pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 12:28pm

Post #112 of 204 (2939 views)
Shortcut
     Ooh super hi-res version! [In reply to]  

(Gah edit timeFrown)

The source has the image in 3 parts. It's pretty easy to assemble them into one image if you have powerpoint:
  1. Just copy and paste each part onto a slide
  2. Align properly
  3. Select ALL parts
  4. Right-click and choose "Save as picture"
  5. Select the image file type and name according
  6. That's it!
If you'd rather not, PM me for the LARGE res assembled versionSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 12:31pm

Post #113 of 204 (2908 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art! [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 12:34pm

Post #114 of 204 (2911 views)
Shortcut
     mmm... in the snowy treatment of the banner [In reply to]  

=======

mariel
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 12:53pm

Post #115 of 204 (2942 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks Lurker [In reply to]  

You're an absolute star HeartSmile

mariel
Lorien

Oct 16 2014, 2:50pm

Post #116 of 204 (2937 views)
Shortcut
     Variation on a theme [In reply to]  

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 9:18pm

Post #117 of 204 (2892 views)
Shortcut
     I think it's one week for digital [In reply to]  

...and two weeks if you want the DVD/BlueRay. That means it's two weeks for meCrazy because I'm stubborn and refuse to go to downloads until they force me by not making DVDs anymore. I still need the physical thing in my hot little hands, as they say.Tongue Good thing I don't mind being spoiled on the EE because, besides the upcoming trailer, that's all the Hobbit board will be talking about!Smile

I just want to know if there's more Thranduil and I'm starting to reach that point in the year where I break out in periodic SQUEEEEs every time I think about the EE or BotFA! I can't wait!Laugh

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 9:27pm

Post #118 of 204 (2902 views)
Shortcut
     Those really are perfect comparisons [In reply to]  

Good job on those, Lurker!Smile

I remember in one of the LOTR EE appendices segments, OB himself had compared elven movement to the way cats move. He mentioned how graceful both elves and cats are, even when they're just walking, and how they'll do this thing where they just stop suddenly and stand completely motionless before pouncing. That's exactly how Thranduil looks in that clip from the Vlog where he's drawing his sword: Like a growling cat, just about to pounce on it's prey!Laugh

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 9:46pm

Post #119 of 204 (2901 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* [In reply to]  

I'm with Lurker on this one! That's such a good pic of LP, I think my brain just stopped working!Blush

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 9:58pm

Post #120 of 204 (2892 views)
Shortcut
     Whoa! [In reply to]  

That's an incredibly well done pic! If I didn't know better, I'd say LP had actually done some special photo shoot where he was wearing half Thranduil stuff and half Ronan stuff!

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 10:14pm

Post #121 of 204 (2900 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome [In reply to]  

You're welcome for the HeartLP piccie.

And you're lucky to get the EE in two weeks. I have to wait for another 3,5 weeks before it gets out. And like you I want a hardcopy dvd to complete my set. But I don't mind the EE spoilers either, let them come Smile I hope you'll be able to tell me if there is any more Thranduil/Leggie screentime in the EE Wink

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 10:15pm

Post #122 of 204 (2879 views)
Shortcut
     That's a very cool fanedit [In reply to]  

I love how he is swinging his swords Heart

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 10:17pm

Post #123 of 204 (2900 views)
Shortcut
     Oh dear [In reply to]  

I never thought I'd say it, but Leggy's poster looks even worse as a clean fan edit.Unsure

It's annoying, really. They can get new poses/pics of the other elves, but not him?

I did notice when looking at a side-by-side of the Leggy DOS promo pic and the BotFA poster that they showed on TORn Tuesday, there is a *slight* difference between the two. I believe it was in the DOS Leggy pic, the hand that's closer to the camera is blocking the view of the hand closest to his face, but in the BotFA pic, you can see the hand closest to his face and the other hand isn't even in the shot. Still, the rest of it is exactly the same. I'm not sure what the explanation for that minor difference would be, unless it actually is a "different" pic, but still the same pose? Like, they just had OB pose during a photo shoot, and when he did that pose with the bow drawn, they told him to hold perfectly still while they got the camera in closer? I don't know, but I'm not happy about it.Unimpressed Give us something new, marketing people!

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 10:20pm

Post #124 of 204 (2895 views)
Shortcut
     *snerk* [In reply to]  

You probably feel like...

But count to tenSmile

There there, Leggy. It'll be Ok. If nothing else, we can get screencaps of you when BotFA comes out and edit them so that they look better!Wink

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Gondor

Oct 16 2014, 10:30pm

Post #125 of 204 (2880 views)
Shortcut
     Just to show Leggy does have great skin [In reply to]  

I don't know about you, but if I have such a massive light source shining up in my face my skin wouldn't look nearly as flawless as his.

PS does anyone else have this problem of the inserted pictures showing in your textbox, however not in your preview? Only after inserting the same code 5 times does it all of the sudden magically seem to work Mad

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.