Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Just a thought on the chore of Mod (small rambling kudos)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 5:16am

Post #1 of 49 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Just a thought on the chore of Mod (small rambling kudos) Can't Post

(This should be a PM, but well, PM is only to individuals and I would like to say this to the whole Mod-squad)
I wasn't here last year this time. This morning, I got a bit overwhelmed at the activity on the TH board already. Yeah, we had the frenzy in July over the trailer, but the flurry this morning is all over the place, what with duplicate threads and new posts and threads spawning like it's full-moon on coral reefs. I can only imagine the increasing buzz adding on to the Mods' plate.. prolly all the way into January at least. So before all that happens, and we get overwhelmed, I just want to say: thanks in advance, Mods!Smile

And when things get a bit much, maybe before dispensing the Wrath of Mod, which I'm sure you do in some variant Angelic

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 16 2014, 5:19am)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2014, 1:39pm

Post #2 of 49 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it's about to get a bit busy around here. Hold on to your hat! It's hectic, but a lot of fun. Smile

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 16 2014, 1:44pm

Post #3 of 49 (987 views)
Shortcut
Hear, hear! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2014, 3:49pm

Post #4 of 49 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Cookie? Yum! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! Laugh

We've rolled up our shirtsleeves and prepared ourselves to tackle whatever happens in there, during the "busy seasons". Just think, it's only just begun, there have been hints that November and December will be filled with Hobbit fun - and with some "old favorite" characters returning as well!

Yes, we're in for a wild ride! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 4:27pm

Post #5 of 49 (1009 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle hugs the Mods* [In reply to] Can't Post

What Lurker said. Y'all are awesomeness! CoolHeart

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 16 2014, 7:45pm

Post #6 of 49 (994 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* [In reply to] Can't Post

See what I did there? But really, a great post, and I agree 100%. And I"m chuckling over "Mod Squad" :-D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 3:56am

Post #7 of 49 (975 views)
Shortcut
I think I am as braced for it as I can be [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 17 2014, 3:57am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 3:57am

Post #8 of 49 (977 views)
Shortcut
Am sure you are [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know how you keep your zen but you floor me. Hat's offSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 3:58am

Post #9 of 49 (981 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
See what I did there? But really, a great post, and I agree 100%. And I"m chuckling over "Mod Squad" :-D

Good ones all aroundSmile

=======

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 4:18am

Post #10 of 49 (992 views)
Shortcut
It's modar this and modar that [In reply to] Can't Post

and chuck 'im out, the brute!
But it's Savior of the Forum
When the flames begin to shoot.

(My apologies to Kipling)

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Kim
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 4:33am

Post #11 of 49 (999 views)
Shortcut
Nice post Lurker [In reply to] Can't Post

and I agree - there was quite a flurry on TH board, and it reminded me of last year once the new trailer came out, on into Dec. Lots to keep track of, so I'll add my advance thanks as well.

Love the new name "Mod-squad" - that's perfect! And the Cookie Monster. Laugh

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 12:24pm

Post #12 of 49 (972 views)
Shortcut
*Lol* Eruvandi, you've got that hug patented, haven't you? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, reckon the Mods can just about wave this about for Thrall calming...Angelic

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 12:25pm

Post #13 of 49 (972 views)
Shortcut
Indeed *Applause* [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a jolly good one, MeneldorSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 12:28pm

Post #14 of 49 (1570 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, gotta embrace the Cookie Monster gusto... oh, and HTR! [In reply to] Can't Post

And well, I suppose the whole frenzy fer ya was... Laugh

=======

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 3:54pm

Post #15 of 49 (962 views)
Shortcut
Actually...gramma has that hug "patented"! [In reply to] Can't Post

The "Flying Tackle Hug" is a grammaboodawg original! To be freely dispersed. Cool

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 3:55pm

Post #16 of 49 (951 views)
Shortcut
LOL! Awesome, Meneldor! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 3:57pm

Post #17 of 49 (987 views)
Shortcut
Did... [In reply to] Can't Post

...you gals see the latest pic he tweeted?

The reactions to it are priceless! Laugh HTR indeed!

Kim
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 5:26pm

Post #18 of 49 (968 views)
Shortcut
Um, yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

my favorite: "Good Lord!, I mean, good job Lord!" Angelic

Side note: I got another one of my co-workers to watch N&S, which she finished last night, and I showed her the pic. She's totally on board now. Wink

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 9:50pm

Post #19 of 49 (936 views)
Shortcut
Fully agreed! Go Mod Squad, go! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2014, 10:44pm

Post #20 of 49 (956 views)
Shortcut
*goes to Twitter* [In reply to] Can't Post

*sees pic*

Oof! Those eyes!Heart

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Kim
Valinor

Oct 18 2014, 12:23am

Post #21 of 49 (958 views)
Shortcut
Why thank you, and here's a little something for you: [In reply to] Can't Post

not sure if you've already seen this, but it's so darn cute, probably worth looking at again:

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 18 2014, 3:14am

Post #22 of 49 (945 views)
Shortcut
I can see it now... [In reply to] Can't Post

Those two show up on the red carpet at the same time, and the en-thralled onlooking fangirls collapse, leading to a massive medical emergency at the premier...

Laugh !

Kim
Valinor

Oct 18 2014, 3:28am

Post #23 of 49 (949 views)
Shortcut
I'd say that's a distinct possibility [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the event planners are suitably prepared and put all local clinics and hospitals on alert! Perhaps if they hand out brown paper bags as the fans arrive, they can mitigate the risk.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2014, 4:18pm

Post #24 of 49 (941 views)
Shortcut
Lurker came up with a visual for this very possibility in the TA threads [In reply to] Can't Post

HERE in TA Thread XVI. The perfect visual for all of the Thralls, both for Thranduil and Thorin, being flattened by the combined fabulousness and #majesticness!Laugh

If LP and RA show up on the red carpet together, Lurker's "news report" about "Massive Audience Spontaneous Swooning (MASS)" may just become reality!Wink

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Kim
Valinor

Oct 18 2014, 4:49pm

Post #25 of 49 (934 views)
Shortcut
Ah, thank you for bringing this to my attention [In reply to] Can't Post

This excellent article has inspired me to offer the following suggestion: Thrall-only screenings. Then, there would be no disruptive behavior as the Thralls would have exclusive front and center access to the object of their respective thralldoms, and the non-afflicted could go on their oblivious way to enjoying the movie in peace. I'll draft a petition to send to the movie execs - it's a win-win for everyone.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.