Bard Banner!

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2014, 8:49pm

Post #1 of 12 (868 views)
Shortcut
Bard Banner! Can't Post

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...f07f&oe=54C4F845

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 8:55pm

Post #2 of 12 (452 views)
Shortcut
Banner overdose! [In reply to] Can't Post

Too many goodies for one day. *collapses*

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Oct 15 2014, 8:55pm)

Farficom
Rivendell

Oct 15 2014, 9:01pm

Post #3 of 12 (402 views)
Shortcut
Indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Throws hand up, and faints.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 9:41pm

Post #4 of 12 (355 views)
Shortcut
Nice – thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

One thing I've been wondering about – why do we see Bard with the armoured Elves, both here and in the trailer?

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 10:26pm

Post #5 of 12 (317 views)
Shortcut
Maybe he's going to discuss tactics with the King? [In reply to] Can't Post

In the book their two armies are encamped together below the Mountain, so maybe the film is similar.

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 10:27pm

Post #6 of 12 (335 views)
Shortcut
Yes... one minute we have threads complaining that.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... nothing's happening, next minute everything's happening - TODAY!!

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 10:42pm

Post #7 of 12 (305 views)
Shortcut
It could be [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm also intrigued by Bard's appearance among the Elves in the trailer. Why does he appear startled among them? Is he going to take command of some of them?

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 10:44pm

Post #8 of 12 (300 views)
Shortcut
There is already a thread further down. [In reply to] Can't Post

But one can easily overlook stuff today Laugh

http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 15 2014, 10:45pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 16 2014, 3:09am

Post #9 of 12 (240 views)
Shortcut
*collapses with BlackFox* [In reply to] Can't Post

Whew! What a day that I missed out on until now. Cool

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 3:30am

Post #10 of 12 (230 views)
Shortcut
*fans self* [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely! Along with the Thranduil and his army poster, this is quite enough to make Mirkwoodians feel giddy, let alone TH fans... after the drought and all that. And you know, fellow Mirwoodian, I am very taken with the Elves on either side of Bard. Beautiful armour and obviously they mean business.Smile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 3:33am

Post #11 of 12 (237 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking that [spoilery] [In reply to] Can't Post

he's called to council, perhaps brokered by Gandalf, and gets floored by the crisp precision of the Elven military he comes face to face with. He did seem like he was sort of just hurrying to an appointment and got pulled up short by the phalanx. But it could be as you posit also Smile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 16 2014, 3:33am)

Scorchster
Rivendell

Oct 16 2014, 2:09pm

Post #12 of 12 (165 views)
Shortcut
Possibly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although in the trailer I got the impression that he was startled by the military respect the Elves gave him - he's probably still getting used to his status as leader of the Laketowners and stuff like that is probably very new to him.

Him taking command of elves would be an interesting situation though. I'd love to see how that would play out given how isolationist the elves are.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.