"Do not speak to me of Dragon Fire!! I have faced its wrath and its ruin."
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 2:03am

Post #26 of 28 (201 views)
Shortcut
*heaps on extra dollop of congrats* [In reply to] Can't Post

Heh... sure! I may be a bit spoiled as I read all that during the LotR days, and forgot there are others who may not have had at least some inkling.

In Reply To
Would you mind elaborating about what you mean by "the other way around"?

The scars are the illusion, since according to canon, Elves have super healing abilities. For some reason, "this way round of things" got much wider support in the Thranduil AppreciationAngelic

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2014, 5:54am

Post #27 of 28 (200 views)
Shortcut
Extra dollop much appreciated, [In reply to] Can't Post

and so is also your own cleverness in explaining the scars themselves as an illusion created by Thranduil's Elvish magic, instead of being on the contrary a terrible reality this magic normally makes invisible!...
This explanation of yours would indeed make great sense to me too - if the wound shown isn't a total illusion, but the old terrible reality, actually healed, but re-created temporarily from memory by his magic in order to show.Thorin.
If this is the idea you have been offering, then it deserves my heaping congrats on you as well, Lurker!!! Wink

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

(This post was edited by mae govannen on Oct 17 2014, 5:55am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 12:30pm

Post #28 of 28 (188 views)
Shortcut
Thanks though I can't take sole credit [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
If this is the idea you have been offering, then it deserves my heaping congrats on you as well, Lurker!!! Wink

in all honesty, I believe there's any number of Thranduil's Thralls who are book-verse aware, and hold on to this version Angelic

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.