Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Here's a couple of Cool NEW banners!

tsmith675
Gondor

Oct 15 2014, 2:24am

Post #1 of 21 (1690 views)
Shortcut
Here's a couple of Cool NEW banners! Can't Post

Via The Hobbit's official Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/...s/522203009510432768

https://twitter.com/...s/522205785774764032

Our destiny lies above us.

(This post was edited by tsmith675 on Oct 15 2014, 2:29am)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 15 2014, 2:37am

Post #2 of 21 (892 views)
Shortcut
I think the promo artwork for this film is amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder why they dropped the ball on the first two films. But anyway, Thranduil and his army are breathtaking.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 2:43am

Post #3 of 21 (873 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil's is gorgeous! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for posting - hope they have something special for the dwarves. Need hi-res!Heart

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 3:03am

Post #4 of 21 (861 views)
Shortcut
The Thranduil image Eruvandi's already posted in the appreciation thread [In reply to] Can't Post

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2014, 6:13am

Post #5 of 21 (745 views)
Shortcut
That is just fabulous! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gives off a real Silmarillion vibe for me...you can just imagine how awesome a dramatization of that would be! Heart

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 6:29am

Post #6 of 21 (727 views)
Shortcut
Right on! [In reply to] Can't Post

A Silm movie would totally be teh HeartEPIC! Especially if it's about one of the great Wars. But well, I guess we all know the copyright issues. Me, I'll settle for the War of the Last Alliance just cos Angelic

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 15 2014, 6:29am)

tattooed_dwarf
Rivendell

Oct 15 2014, 6:37am

Post #7 of 21 (735 views)
Shortcut
What? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nonsense, don't you remember those awesome character posters for every dwarf?

tattooed_dwarf
Rivendell

Oct 15 2014, 6:38am

Post #8 of 21 (743 views)
Shortcut
More dwarfs!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

We need more promo with dwarfs going war, and maybe some Dain banner too!!!

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 7:00am

Post #9 of 21 (697 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Been other posts about a lack of prominent dwarf presence before, but that so far is another thing I am disappointed in. These films began with Gandalf, Bilbo and dwarves and this big deal was made about their back stories and fleshing out and elevating their culture. It's a dwarf king, a dwarf company, Erebor is dwarf land, Bilbo joined a company of dwarves.

And yet even Fili and Kili, here at the end, didn't merit one of these quickie OR posters? Sure hope that gets remedied as taken at face value seems more like a storyline of elves at the moment.

The AUJ series was wonderful, cherish those. Heart

H , a s g fur minn
H , a s g mur mna, og H, a s g brur mnir og systur mnar
H , a s g mitt flk aftur byrjun
H, gera eir kalla til mn, og bja mr a taka minn sta meal eirra slum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa a eilfu

VValar
Gondor

Oct 15 2014, 7:46am

Post #10 of 21 (666 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil looks EPIC [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing new going on with the Galadriel/Gandalf banner.

Surely they will release a Dwarf banner as well, Avandel?

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 8:35am

Post #11 of 21 (626 views)
Shortcut
Both great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Way more impressive than the character banners.

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 8:40am

Post #12 of 21 (619 views)
Shortcut
Same here... [In reply to] Can't Post

The one of Thranduil leading his army really does give a glimpse of the Silmarillion in action

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 8:42am

Post #13 of 21 (623 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant - both of them! [In reply to] Can't Post

But the Thranduil one particularly. That's stunning

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 8:46am

Post #14 of 21 (640 views)
Shortcut
At last! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now those are really gorgeous most especially the one of Thranduil with army.

Very well done, finally. Smile

I do agree that an equally powerful one showing Dwarves would be good.

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 8:57am

Post #15 of 21 (611 views)
Shortcut
So do I..... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think it's likely we'll get at least one Dwarf one. Maybe not of Dain's army as people won't recognise him, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a banner showing the other dwarves in battle.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 15 2014, 12:27pm

Post #16 of 21 (536 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Those were the best posters, but they were all followed by pretty mediocre fare. Until now.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 4:36pm

Post #17 of 21 (459 views)
Shortcut
Very nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

All these new posters are getting the juices flowing again.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 5:01pm

Post #18 of 21 (448 views)
Shortcut
*Gloomily* [In reply to] Can't Post

VValar, I just don't know, but re the group of what I think of as "quickies" was uneasy that they did not have Fili or Kili at least - and to me that's particularly egregious in that (supposedly) a partial motivation for Tauriel's behavior is Kili.

And Kili's had a fairly prominent part to play (as has Balin, for that matter). If this is all about marketing, then it's a fail in that all kinds of imagery about the Durin family dynamics is everywhere in fan fic - e.g. people can relate to a father figure, a brother bond, a test of loyalties.

And not to mention Smaug, the Necromancer, Azog.

I don't mind - in fact approve - Thranduil rising to the fore - IMO that is kind of neat (tho wish there had been more of him in DOS) in that he IS a king, leads an army, is PIVOTAL, and *cough* actually is in the book with one of the best lines in the book.

RA has said that a scene with the dwarves is comparable to the LOTR lighting of the beacons, so along with Dain and Beorn maybe they are trying to give the fans some "candy" without really spoiling things, and that strategy has been used before re DOS. I hope so - so far, for instance, we have no idea of how Thranduil comes to Dale, or what specifically triggers his decision to laeave the forest.

Whatever one may think of Tauriel - and I have always had mixed feelings - really dislike, here at the end, which started with these hairy little guys - thinking there would be more focus (possibly) on her character than on the Company, at the end.

But that is what it looks like, so far.Unimpressed But we'll see. Hate to think of the bulk of dwarf time being relegated to the EE - but then again, there was happily a lot of dwarf action in DOS - so guess we will see.Unimpressed

H , a s g fur minn
H , a s g mur mna, og H, a s g brur mnir og systur mnar
H , a s g mitt flk aftur byrjun
H, gera eir kalla til mn, og bja mr a taka minn sta meal eirra slum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa a eilfu

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 5:37pm

Post #19 of 21 (445 views)
Shortcut
Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see an actual thread for Azog but I love the new stuff we got. Those are freaking awesome!

cats16
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 2:48am

Post #20 of 21 (387 views)
Shortcut
Love these. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Thranduil one is fantastic!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 16 2014, 4:25am

Post #21 of 21 (382 views)
Shortcut
Same here. [In reply to] Can't Post

DoS to me was really kind of elf overload. I have nothing against Thranduil and think he's an excellent character, but Legolas and Tauriel were on almost every piece of promotional material last year. By the time I watched the movie, I was sick of Elves. I hate to see it happening again with BotFA. After all, this is the Dwarves' story; they're the ones reclaiming their home, not the Elves. On the whole, yes, BotFA is the movie where all of the cultures have a part to play, but it seems like the Dwarves have really gotten the short end of the stick when they have the biggest role out of all of the races.

I have my own problems with Tauriel, but what really drives me nuts is that she seems to be promoted more than Thorin, who's actually in the story and is the one who provides the sort of "moral of the story" at the end. I would love to see more of the Thorin, but even more I'd love to see more of the Dwarves. The promo material is making it seem like they're not even going to be in the movie. I know they will be, and PJ has assured us that each member of the Company will have their hero moment, but is it really so hard to create at least one poster of the Dwarves? It could be a group shot for all I care. Like Avandel said, Fili and Kili should get a poster at least. This is the movie where they could really shine.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.