The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
How about a LOTR Trivia Tuesday?

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 14 2014, 4:47pm

Post #1 of 14 (529 views)
Shortcut
How about a LOTR Trivia Tuesday? Can't Post

Hi everyone! I'm only a day late with the reboot of the LOTR Trivia Game.

So, here's how it works. I'll be using the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game to choose some questions for us. Questions will be posted on Mondays most weeks. The questions are divided into six categories: Things, Evil Characters, Good Characters, Places & History, Warfare, and Making Movies. I will post the answers for the questions on Friday for you to score yourselves. Until then, answer them, discuss them, joke about them, and feel free to award plenty of Invisible Extra Credit to those who deserve it.

For the record, the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game has some questions that are just too easy, some questions that are awkwardly phrased, and some questions that seem to be flat wrong. I am combining questions from a couple of different cards to get these sets and weed out some of the odd ones.

This week's questions are:

According to Treebeard, what color are the thoughts of the Fangorn trees?

What warriors "do not know pain" and "do not know fear," according to their master?

What color is the big banner that says "Happy Birthday Bilbo" at the party?

What time of day do the trackers meet Eomer and his company on the plains of Rohan?

Who does Gimli ask Aragorn not to tell about the Dwarf-tossing at Helm's Deep?

What role did Orlando Bloom originally audition for before being chosen to play an Elf?

See you on Friday with the answers!

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 14 2014, 6:19pm

Post #2 of 14 (367 views)
Shortcut
Alright, let's do this! [In reply to] Can't Post

According to Treebeard, what color are the thoughts of the Fangorn trees? hmm... black?

What warriors "do not know pain" and "do not know fear," according to their master? the Uruk-hai

What color is the big banner that says "Happy Birthday Bilbo" at the party? beige

What time of day do the trackers meet Eomer and his company on the plains of Rohan? in the noon

Who does Gimli ask Aragorn not to tell about the Dwarf-tossing at Helm's Deep? Legolas ("the elf")

What role did Orlando Bloom originally audition for before being chosen to play an Elf? Faramir

Thanks, AD! Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 14 2014, 7:59pm

Post #3 of 14 (361 views)
Shortcut
Let's see ... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Black are their thoughts. Strong is their hate".

What warriors "do not know pain" and "do not know fear," according to their master?

Saruman - Uruk-hai

Yellowy cream? With black or red text.

What time of day do the trackers meet Eomer and his company on the plains of Rohan?

In the afternoon.

Legolas

What role did Orlando Bloom originally audition for before being chosen to play an Elf?

I don't think I know this one. Unsure

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 14 2014, 9:02pm

Post #4 of 14 (353 views)
Shortcut
Probably wrong answers [In reply to] Can't Post

>>>Green, either because of their leaf color, or because they have too much envy

>>>Only the dead ones.

>>>Banner blue. It's only beige in pirated copies of the movie.

>>>The wrong time of day, since they don't find the hobbits.

>>>The Balrog. Why add insult to injury?

>>>Sauron, but his eyes were too pretty.

(This post was edited by CuriousG on Oct 14 2014, 9:03pm)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 3:51pm

Post #5 of 14 (330 views)
Shortcut
Trivia Answers [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, everyone! Thanks to those of you who played or lurked. As promised, here are the answers to Tuesday's trivia questions. How did everyone do?

New questions will be up on Monday. I hope you'll check back and play again.

Black

The Uruk-hai

Yellow

Dawn

Legolas

Faramir

My Costuming Site

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 17 2014, 3:54pm

Post #6 of 14 (312 views)
Shortcut
Let's see... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dang, missed two! Well, better luck next time. Smile

Thanks again, AD!

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 17 2014, 4:40pm

Post #7 of 14 (309 views)
Shortcut
I can honestly say... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that I don't remember the answers from conducting the quiz in teh past. At least not these answers. :-)

I will suck my overiding desire to only be 'right' when answering questions and take guesses.

1. Black?

2. Uruk-hai

3. I even got some screen shots of this banner so I should know but... yellow?

4, Dawn?

5. Legolas

6. I should really know this since I had a massive crush on the man back in the day. :-) But this is a total guess: Faramir?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 17 2014, 4:51pm

Post #8 of 14 (310 views)
Shortcut
OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

I got all six right. That is surprising.

btw... I was looking through some folders on my computer I hadn't visited in a while and I found one in the TORn > Message Boards folder marked 'Trivia' so I looked to see if I had any stray notes. I didn't but I must have made little icons at one point for the categories. I never used them because I think I dumped the concept of having one question from each category. But if you can use them... they're yours. I won't be hurt if you don't use them. :-)

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 18 2014, 7:07pm

Post #9 of 14 (304 views)
Shortcut
Wow I'm due for a re-watching [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't get a chance to post my answers, but even so.... just as well I saved myself some embarrassment Blush. I only got two right! The one about the Uruk-hai warriors and the one about Legolas and the dwarf toss.

The others I was clueless on and -- how did I ever not know that Orlando Bloom originally auditioned for Faramir?????? I have no idea how I never knew about that.

This is a fun game and these were great questions! Thanks, A-d Smile!!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 20 2014, 3:57pm

Post #10 of 14 (283 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the images! [In reply to] Can't Post

They'll certainly spruce up my posts.

I know what you mean about not sticking to one image per category. I knew that some of the questions in the Trivial Pursuit deck were ridiculous, but trying to pick and choose the best for this game has been a bit of a challenge. I have a few sets of questions chosen and ready to go, though, so it should get easier.

My Costuming Site

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 20 2014, 4:00pm

Post #11 of 14 (280 views)
Shortcut
I know the feeling [In reply to] Can't Post

Going through these Trivial Pursuit cards has been a real eye-opener for me. There was a time once when I'd have been able to answer almost all of them without thinking about it. Now I find myself unable to remember more and more of them.

I'm glad you played, even if you joined us late. There's always room for one more even after the answers have been posted!

My Costuming Site

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 20 2014, 4:01pm

Post #12 of 14 (285 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for playing, BlackFox! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only two missed? Way to go!

My Costuming Site

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 20 2014, 4:17pm

Post #13 of 14 (340 views)
Shortcut
It turned out to be a real challenge for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I tend to be a perfectionist with obsessive tendencies so I'm sure I didn't make it easy for myself. But I suspect you will approach choosing much like I did and will find it challenging.

That's partly why I said it would be fine for you to recycle the questions I already posted because there were many hours spent picking through cards to wean those out. lol.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Dec 9 2014, 1:37am

Post #14 of 14 (269 views)
Shortcut
Trivia [In reply to] Can't Post

1) Black
2) Uruk-hai
3) White
4) Morning
5) "The elf" aka Legolas
6) Aragorn?

4/6

(This post was edited by KingTurgon on Dec 9 2014, 1:37am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.