Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XVII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Oct 13 2014, 10:47pm

Post #176 of 209 (5129 views)
Shortcut
     I'm so slow sometimes... [In reply to]  

I was looking at that blue guy on the bottom bunk wondering who it was supposed to be. For some reason I don't automatically put GotG in the "Marvel Comics" category. (Maybe because I was completely unaware of the existence of the comic until I saw advertising for the movie version. Everything that came before it I had at least a basic familiarity with.)

Now that I know who it is,.. I don't think he'd bother with the shorts. Wink (But Loki probably is that fussy.)

And that gif set is hilarious, but it so weird trying to imagine that other guy as Thorin. Tongue

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

(This post was edited by vanima ephel on Oct 13 2014, 10:48pm)

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Oct 13 2014, 10:54pm

Post #177 of 209 (5135 views)
Shortcut
     You don't owe me anything for fanish ravings... [In reply to]  

But those are adorkable! Heart

Thank you!

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Oct 13 2014, 11:15pm

Post #178 of 209 (5125 views)
Shortcut
     I want to say Kerewyn pointed that out once before... [In reply to]  

But it could have been someone else (or I could be misremembering something) I'm sure I won't find the post I'm thinking of tonight.

I'm pretty sure we all want to find out more about those gems - it seems Thranduil never really stops thinking about them. Here's to hoping we find out in Bo5A.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 2:33am

Post #179 of 209 (5119 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* [In reply to]  

Thank goodness for the alert, Eruvandi Smile And welcome back!

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 2:36am

Post #180 of 209 (5186 views)
Shortcut
     OT Question for you Thralls used to multi-colour eye variants [In reply to]  

So is hazel a common over-term, for want of a suitable word, for eyes that have the different tints in them?

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 2:43am

Post #181 of 209 (5111 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks and Duly noted! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Breath in, breath out.

And if you being out of your zen balance means more Thranduil pictures for stability and thread relevance, it's not too bad to wind yourself up from time to time Tongue

All right. Transcend the zen, eh? I need practice obviously.

In Reply To
If you ever feel the need to watch that scene, please notice if you see/hear the same. Maybe it's just me?

I don't think so. I always thought their motion/sound were a bit off-kilter anyway

In Reply To
Yeah basically.... RL actors over CGI anytime if possible! (though I do think they did an awesome job with Gollem/Smaug in DOS).

Oh I totally understand. Those characters need CGI bigtime for sure.

For relevanceHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 2:48am

Post #182 of 209 (5098 views)
Shortcut
     ... ... [In reply to]  

Yup, that's one of those moments where it screams CGI! and took me out of the moUnimpressed

In Reply To
LOL awww that's a bit sad and harsh from the King

But it's the sad harsh truth. Really, even Bubba feels itUnsure

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 14 2014, 2:49am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 2:59am

Post #183 of 209 (5129 views)
Shortcut
     Exactly [In reply to]  

In Reply To
IMO, the only Leggy scene that looked almost as bad, if not worse is the scene where the elf guard at the gate tells him that Tauriel left and didn't come back. I can't figure out what they did exactly, but his face looks really weird in that whole segment. Like, they had an bad camera angle or something and it always throws me off.

Someday, I hope we get hear the (ir)rationale to 'shop OB to the nines. Especially when we see the bts stuff... and hey HE.DOES.NOT. look bad at all!Crazy

UnimpressedFrown

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:00am

Post #184 of 209 (5112 views)
Shortcut
     One-stop resource for all your ME screencap needs [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Do you have a screencap of that scene?

http://screencapped.net/movie/lotr/index.php

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:01am

Post #185 of 209 (5099 views)
Shortcut
     Appreciation. Plus basic courtesy, etiquette and decency [In reply to]  

Smile Doesn't feel right to just take it. Loves it so much tooHeart Thanks!

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 14 2014, 3:02am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:04am

Post #186 of 209 (5106 views)
Shortcut
     Heheh... [In reply to]  

Well, my sis's not even on the training wheels re ME so everything ME beyond what you see and hear in the movies is just going to fly over her head and go sailing out the window to a very long shriek-filled freefall into the abyssal depths of the VoidUnimpressed

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:05am

Post #187 of 209 (5111 views)
Shortcut
     Cool! [In reply to]  

PM linkie please? Thank you.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:07am

Post #188 of 209 (5087 views)
Shortcut
     *heheh* I like that one too. Soo reverse FLAST [In reply to]  

Laugh

In Reply To
The location pretty! is cool too. Reminds me that I've been wanting to watch the whole LOTR EE trilogy again!

Yes! and you know, really can't wait til we can watch the whole EE hexalogyHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:10am

Post #189 of 209 (5089 views)
Shortcut
     well... I'm having mixed feelings as I said in the poster thread [In reply to]  

Unimpressed LOVE the intensity of his stare and I really can imagine it might be a snapshot from the vlog11 sequence of him slaying the out-of-frame orc, but gah... over'shopped syndrome againFrown I hate to be right, but I do think Thranduil would be having that Tauriel convo with himself nowCrazy

Well, at least it's not bland, and it's not a rehash. Would we get to see the pristine source image you think? I'm sure we'll love it way more than this banner version.

For balance

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 14 2014, 3:12am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:14am

Post #190 of 209 (5107 views)
Shortcut
     I think both Kerewyn and VValar mentioned it [In reply to]  

and OT: figures that when she's away, Kerewyn's name keep popping up in subject titles Laugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:20am

Post #191 of 209 (5093 views)
Shortcut
     Strange isn't it? [In reply to]  

In Reply To
But he doesn't suffer for it like the others. The burnished look to the skin and the brightening of the eyes makes him look Cool and Sexy. Tongue Though the darkening of the circlet makes it look like iron (and just a bit like a crown of thorns).

Further evidence that it will take A LOT of doing to make Thranduil even a tad unlovelyHeartAngelic

In Reply To
Maybe it's not in the same style as the others, I'm not thinking about war at all. Heart

Hmm... what vibe does it give you? It looks like Galadriel's though... i hope this does not mean Thranduil gets involved in DGCrazy He's got an appointment at Erebor, after all!

Point on the crown. It's sorta looking like it's not sitting well on his head too to me. Very unlike the to-die-for still we gotHeart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 14 2014, 3:21am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:22am

Post #192 of 209 (5097 views)
Shortcut
     Ooh, Pretty! *saves* [In reply to]  

Thanks, VValar

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:31am

Post #193 of 209 (5128 views)
Shortcut
     *Heh* I know... and it's like Thranduil and Thorin got really mixed up in some wormhole to become these guys [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Now that I know who it is,.. I don't think he'd bother with the shorts. Wink (But Loki probably is that fussy.)
Astute deduction, my dear vanimaSly Though other than that, the artist captured the essence of them quite well. Especially loving that the artist made his blue legs spill over the edgeSmile

In Reply To
And that gif set is hilarious, but it so weird trying to imagine that other guy as Thorin. Tongue

I know right? I noticed Heinz in Capt America like I noticed Fernando in Lincoln, but when I confirmed who they were in TH... I was all ShockedCrazyEvilTongue

And like Thranduil the piemaker?

These were ooohhhkayyy ... maybe... to me

and then viola! the penny droppedTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:34am

Post #194 of 209 (5129 views)
Shortcut
     Hooray! The King awaits your catchup [In reply to]  

Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:38am

Post #195 of 209 (5084 views)
Shortcut
     Addendum for Kerewyn [In reply to]  

Posted in the Thranduil banner thread:

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:47am

Post #196 of 209 (5099 views)
Shortcut
     And Leggy is FLASTered again [In reply to]  

Evil

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 3:55am

Post #197 of 209 (5126 views)
Shortcut
     Fan edit of Thranduil and Thorin's banners - clean version [In reply to]  

The saturation seems to make the pics better imo, nto so airbrushed smooth. I've placed the originals side by side for comparison. Whaddaya think? (Clicky for fan edit source)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 4:05am

Post #198 of 209 (5128 views)
Shortcut
     In the wait for Bilbo's... plus parenting ME style [In reply to]  

Not directly Thranduil-related but what the heckLaugh

For relevanceAngelicTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 4:18am

Post #199 of 209 (5125 views)
Shortcut
     OOPS... so in place of Celeborn... ?!? [In reply to]  

Fair warning... it is so wrong... but hey, when we get themetics, and Mr Gladys isn't anywhere near the picture, the rumour mill's bound to go into overdrive right?

Ready...?

Really?

Ok....

Last chance!

Here we go....

Well, I guess Gladys would have done much worse with her other choice, doncha think?TongueLaughCrazy

Though, I gather The Elvenking don't see the funny in this jokeEvil

But Leggy does Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 4:22am

Post #200 of 209 (5116 views)
Shortcut
     Silmmie art: Maglor [In reply to]  

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.