Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 4:02am

Post #51 of 209 (7840 views)
Shortcut
     For balance, BEAUTIFUL grubby Leggy [In reply to]  

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 4:08am

Post #52 of 209 (7823 views)
Shortcut
     FEAST... of a different sort [In reply to]  

Flustered ELVES and Sassy Thrandy

To his men, Thranduil appeared calm and collected. Even with the enemy barreling down on them, the legions of the Elven King took solace in the borderline bored expression on their leader’s face. If Thranduil did not see these screaming savages as a threat, why should they? Little did they realize, their King was so calm because of the cocktail of party drugs coursing through his body. His generals had told him there was a kegger on the other side of the enemy line, and nothing stood in the way of Thranduil in search of the ultimate soirée.
PARTY HARD!" he roared, kicking his tricked out stag into the fray.

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 4:54am

Post #53 of 209 (7840 views)
Shortcut
     Awww [In reply to]  

cutez

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 5:01am

Post #54 of 209 (7867 views)
Shortcut
     Eyes [In reply to]  

This fan art is da bomb!

(link)

Glory be!!!

(GIF)

There's no masking how lovely his peepers areHeart

(link)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 7:05am

Post #55 of 209 (7852 views)
Shortcut
     Some musings about TH/LotR connections and assorted fanart + farnies [In reply to]  

here. Posted it in a different thread since it's about other stuff besides our Appreciation of ThranduilSmile

Well, it really started as a disagreeable Dwarves vs elegant Elves sort of thing, so here's the extra goodies from my trawling for the post just for us

Not everyone can bake eh? Tongue

Lastly, just location Pretty!

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 11 2014, 7:06am)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 11 2014, 7:49am

Post #56 of 209 (7844 views)
Shortcut
     THRANNY iz SOoo "Last Thursday" [In reply to]  

yeah he iz..(Wazz kind) cool
but TAURIEL SINGS

Lee Pace can't carry a TUNE ...?

Az bomby want thiszz thread to die...
LIKE that gown you wore to your Senior Prom...

"Nah!.. let THOSE THRANNY THALLS have their day
THEY will wake up in the Morning
wonderin' what went Wrong on their DATE with
Mister Pace..."

They didn't get a CALL back?

POP There...goes your Date?

"Never too late"
bomby
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 8:04pm

Post #57 of 209 (7815 views)
Shortcut
     Yeahhhh, see... [In reply to]  

Lee Pace doesn't *need* to sing. His Thranduil *is* music. ;)

STV: NARTT
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 9:39pm

Post #58 of 209 (7808 views)
Shortcut
     Yep thought so too [In reply to]  

I think he looks amazing in DOS (just like FabDadHeart) and I'm sure he will kill it in BOFA as well.

Clicky at own risk (HTR alert!) He looks so good when not overly photoshopped. Hope they won't have too much work done to Thranduil for I too like him best 'au naturel' (as far as that goes with all the hair and makeup Smile)

(I for one love his eyes in DOS. I know there's been a lot of discussion about it but to me they stand out in such a good way. That dangerous intensity make him seem all the more the 'dangerous Wood Elf' he must be in TH).
http://images6.fanpop.com/...6942781-1024-424.png
http://i.imgur.com/4gzoPZl.jpg )

Ok enough with the Legolas worshipping for now. Sometimes I just can't help myself Angelic After all he takes after his father.

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 9:42pm

Post #59 of 209 (7784 views)
Shortcut
     Purrrrrrrrrrr [In reply to]  

Everytime I see that picture I can't help but think:

Pretty Please?

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 9:47pm

Post #60 of 209 (7793 views)
Shortcut
     Thnx for the map drawing [In reply to]  

Aglarond is way closer to Ithilien than any other Dwarven realm. Ideal for short (respectively) visits to/from Gondor. Though I'm not sure what the scale is of that map, but I'd imagine it still is quite the trip.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 9:52pm

Post #61 of 209 (7758 views)
Shortcut
     Ha sure [In reply to]  

Maybe MFE won't limit itself to just Bubba. In fact if you think about it, Thranduil's fab maxes out on every single occasion Cool

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 9:55pm

Post #62 of 209 (7771 views)
Shortcut
     Yay I spotted it [In reply to]  

Thnx Smile Clearly Orc blood (go Thrandy!)
I just love the bg music they used for TH (trailer) theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFkY_Nx62vM you hear it play in the background of this Vlog as well.

(This post was edited by VValar on Oct 11 2014, 9:56pm)

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 9:59pm

Post #63 of 209 (7787 views)
Shortcut
     Woops [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I don't know if it's word for word, but iirc, yup, EE prologue.

Seems I had things mixed up then Crazy But hey at least I recognized it heh.

In Reply To
And HOORAH! on getting your English SilmmieSmile

I'm happy with it, also like the cover I chose. The yellow is actually shiney golden.

Now for step 2: the actual reading.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 10:06pm

Post #64 of 209 (7742 views)
Shortcut
     HTR alert!! [In reply to]  

Wanna know the best part? You can bet there be even more Elven grubbiness in BOFA.

On a different note, cool Thranduil art:

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 10:16pm

Post #65 of 209 (7755 views)
Shortcut
     Amazing art [In reply to]  

This:

In Reply To
There's no masking how lovely his peepers areHeart

Just Heart

I'm sorry all of my replies tonight seem to be deprived of any sort of witty or interesting content, except for the ocassional 'Heart, amazing, pretty, fab, etc.' Not very helpful contributions beside the obvious swooning AngelicCrazy

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 10:32pm

Post #66 of 209 (7767 views)
Shortcut
     Wow makes for a good read [In reply to]  

Since my mind isn't working so well tonight, I will leave the reading for tomorrow (something to look foward to) Smile

Oh I did manage to spot a different angle on a Legolas pic:

Posted on theonering.net fb

Bigger: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/...51413352041425_o.jpg

Slightly different from the one we already know:

Nothing ground-breaking I know. Could even be considered slighly obsessive to find such minimal changes in a year-old pic. But hey what can I say, need to do something with my time. Would like that promotional material though Heart (and it's still way better than current bofa poster)

Nice finds on the fanarts! Can't get enough of the Thrand/Ned crossovers, sweet Heart

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 10:39pm

Post #67 of 209 (7791 views)
Shortcut
     piccies [In reply to]  

Since I might be taking the Leggy worshipping a bit too far tonight, here's some Thranduil fanart for good measure. After all it's still the TA thread Heart

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Oct 12 2014, 12:42am

Post #68 of 209 (7756 views)
Shortcut
     Agreed! [In reply to]  

An exemplary Elf.

He looks so good when not overly photoshopped. Hope they won't have too much work done to Thranduil for I too like him best 'au naturel' (as far as that goes with all the hair and makeup Smile)

(I for one love his eyes in DOS. I know there's been a lot of discussion about it but to me they stand out in such a good way. That dangerous intensity make him seem all the more the 'dangerous Wood Elf' he must be in TH)

Here and there, the digital facelift is over the top - it makes him look a bit plastic. A few touches is all OB would need in even the worst of action poses.

It took me some time to get used to the eyes (they were often so dark in LotR), but now I think they fit better with TH. The 'dangerous' feel of this Elven environment does make the Tiffany Blue eyes feel right. Tongue

And I love ALL the pictures you've posted! (I have no doubt Thranduil would be happy make room for Legolas.)

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Oct 12 2014, 12:55am

Post #69 of 209 (7775 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you! [In reply to]  

You know I love all the pictures you post. This one is especially sweet. (Though that crown looks like it would be ouch-y to sleep in. Shocked ) And look at that moth... (enters analysis mode) Drawn to flame and bright light, considered an omen of birth or rebirth, seen as a symbol of knowledge and transformation. Or am I just seeing in this piece of art what I expect to see in Bo5A? Tongue

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 12 2014, 3:24am

Post #70 of 209 (7745 views)
Shortcut
     *raises hand* I'm one of those not impressed by his eyes in DOS [In reply to]  

They were probably trying hard to show Legolas' got his daddy's eyes.

But just look at Thranduil's eyes. Icy pale grey/blue becomes himHeart

But Legolas? His LotR eyes were much less freaky imo

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 12 2014, 3:30am

Post #71 of 209 (7754 views)
Shortcut
     Digital touchup overkill and Heh Tiffany Blue [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Here and there, the digital facelift is over the top - it makes him look a bit plastic. A few touches is all OB would need in even the worst of action poses.

Exactly. It seems like some overzealous CGI artist got pavlov'd with the one memo: "Legolas' eyes. Make sure they're BLUE or else..." Crazy

In Reply To
It took me some time to get used to the eyes (they were often so dark in LotR), but now I think they fit better with TH. The 'dangerous' feel of this Elven environment does make the Tiffany Blue eyes feel right. Tongue

Just LoL at Tiffany blue! I guess there's only so far you can go with making dark eyes light-coloured even with the best of coloured lenses?

Always loved this BTS shot of Thranduil, eyes so icy pale all on their contact-lensed own ... hmmm, does it mean LP has pale eyes?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 12 2014, 3:32am

Post #72 of 209 (7743 views)
Shortcut
     Heheh... some who can can that Elven non-stick grubbiness [In reply to]  

would make a fortune!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 12 2014, 3:36am

Post #73 of 209 (7732 views)
Shortcut
     Oh yeah [In reply to]  

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 12 2014, 3:37am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 12 2014, 3:40am

Post #74 of 209 (7742 views)
Shortcut
     Analyse away! Thranduil's always fun to scruntise [In reply to]  

In Reply To
You know I love all the pictures you post.

Thank you!

In Reply To
Though that crown looks like it would be ouch-y to sleep in. Shocked

I know! Just like those art of him in a tree wearing that crownCrazy

In Reply To
And look at that moth... (enters analysis mode) Drawn to flame and bright light, considered an omen of birth or rebirth, seen as a symbol of knowledge and transformation. Or am I just seeing in this piece of art what I expect to see in Bo5A? Tongue

Nice! Art, BotFA. Whatever it is, I'm with ya!Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 12 2014, 3:46am

Post #75 of 209 (7737 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome, and some more musings [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Aglarond is way closer to Ithilien than any other Dwarven realm.

&

....but I'd imagine it still is quite the trip.

I didn't look up the distances (even with the Maps of Middle-earth close at hand Evil) But yes, it is nearer, to quote Gandalf, "As the Nazgul flies." But Aglarond is under those three peaks, and with the whole Ered Nimrais between them, I wonder if it's all that convenient for Legolas and Gimli to have dinner with each other. I would hope the Eagles started some sort of Fedex service or Gandalf lose/give up his exclusive rights to mothmail for the greater good (maybe he franchises it?) Tongue so that it's not difficult for them to "Heyo" each other at least.

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.