Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 10 2014, 1:16pm

Post #26 of 209 (5861 views)
Shortcut
     *victory sign* // [In reply to]  

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

mariel
Lorien

Oct 10 2014, 2:20pm

Post #27 of 209 (5863 views)
Shortcut
     Love it! [In reply to]  

Sweet
Heart

mariel
Lorien

Oct 10 2014, 2:37pm

Post #28 of 209 (5894 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art [In reply to]  

More on the same theme I'm afraid, but nothing new has been put out. If the poster of Leggy yesterday is anything to go by, even if Thranddy had won would it just have been a rehash of what we have already seen?

( Yay - managed to do them without referring to the instructions!)

ltnjmy
Rivendell

Oct 10 2014, 4:28pm

Post #29 of 209 (5815 views)
Shortcut
     I love the Elven King Image [In reply to]  

with baby Thrandy and baby Bubba. Awesome Smile

elf-lady
Rivendell

Oct 10 2014, 9:27pm

Post #30 of 209 (5790 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for starting the new thread VValar! [In reply to]  

I do love this image of Thranduil astride his mighty steed...

Is it wrong to wish I could sit behind him and hold on tight? Blush After the month I've had, I could use a little support. And in that gif, I can't stop looking at the hip thrust...*cough*

In Reply To
Certainly not new, but you know you can't get enough of it Angelic

BOFA!!

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:03pm

Post #31 of 209 (5826 views)
Shortcut
     Hey Bomby so nice of you to drop by [In reply to]  

I knew you just couldn't stay away for too long, don't feel embarrassed. Thranduil just has that effect on people HeartHeart

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:05pm

Post #32 of 209 (5780 views)
Shortcut
     Haha [In reply to]  

Evil Brings back good memories, the Lion King being one of my fav animated Disney films.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:12pm

Post #33 of 209 (5796 views)
Shortcut
     Oh right I forgot the HTR-alert [In reply to]  

My bad Shocked

You're welcome for the Thranduil Pretty!
And yeah I still feel a bit disillusioned concerning Leggy's poster Unsure I think they have no other choice than to make Thranduil's poster the most badass and breathtaking we've seen in a while.

Meanwhile I have to thank Avandel for sharing this HTR alert Legolas Pretty! in this topic (hey I used your shortlink-tip for this one). It eases the pain somewhat Angelic

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:16pm

Post #34 of 209 (5796 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah he's taking the lead [In reply to]  

With 16 votes so far. Go Thralls!!

Did you know I hadn't even seen he had Orc blood on his face in these images? Must be midway the fight in Dale I pressume.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:18pm

Post #35 of 209 (5781 views)
Shortcut
     MFE [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Needs a rewrite on that definition in the lexicon if it's a general application term now Smile

Yeah I thought about using MFE in a different context than the one with Bubba but I figured it suited the situation because it was Thrands all maxed out Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:28pm

Post #36 of 209 (5793 views)
Shortcut
     Aglarond would still be a long way? [In reply to]  

It was in Rohan right?
http://geoawesomeness.com/...cccc-page-254377.jpg

Still would be a long travel I think?

I'm loving these pictures btw:

Wow, I'm definitely getting the Mirkwood vibe...

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 10 2014, 11:34pm

Post #37 of 209 (5800 views)
Shortcut
     Lurkin" yezz..Bomby izzzz IN? [In reply to]  

AFTER..
46 years stuck in the World of MiddleEArTH should count fur somethin"

Sorry but when YOU
are "..getin'
into Tolkien.."

ONCETolkien takezzz HOLD

MiddleEArTH never letz ...go"

Believe it?
or nOT!

bom... One of the First?

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:38pm

Post #38 of 209 (5782 views)
Shortcut
     Hmmm [In reply to]  

Seen this in the library before. But here's a clear scan of the page on Thranduil.

Hmm I could've sworn I read this passage before, only it concerned Thingol instead of Thranduil (did they mix that up somehow?? or did I?)

The Elves claim that the Dwarves were so overcome by avarice at the sight of such treasure that they stole it. But the Dwarves tell another story: that Thrór took only what was due to him because Thranduil refused to pay them the agreed price, and so they kept the jewels as recompense.

But I haven't read the Silm yet (but I did recieve my new EN copy yesterday!) so the Silm readers would know if this is true or not.

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:46pm

Post #39 of 209 (5778 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for the art!! [In reply to]  

First one is new to me Smile

Look what I found (baby Leggy and Thranduil) Heart

VValar
Gondor

Oct 10 2014, 11:54pm

Post #40 of 209 (5763 views)
Shortcut
     My pleasure [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Is it wrong to wish I could sit behind him and hold on tight? Blush After the month I've had, I could use a little support.

Nahhh of course it isn't. Why I bet even Bomby would want to ride with Thranduil on Bubba to get his fangirl groove on Heart

Thranduil is displeased to hear you've had a rough month

In Reply To
And in that gif, I can't stop looking at the hip thrust...*cough*

Ohhh what has been seen cannot be unseen LOL

VValar
Gondor

Oct 11 2014, 12:02am

Post #41 of 209 (5796 views)
Shortcut
     FLAST :-) [In reply to]  

Ahh poor Leggy, Thranduil is NOT amused by his lack of fab eyebrows

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:06am

Post #42 of 209 (5771 views)
Shortcut
     Nice Leggy pic [In reply to]  

Better than the character banner by milesFrown

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:09am

Post #43 of 209 (5774 views)
Shortcut
     Awww... elflady [In reply to]  

Sounds like you need some serious cheering up!

HTR Alert!

I got just the thing fer yaAngelic

HTR Alert!

http://hobbitlordoftheringsfanpage.tumblr.com/...by-order-of-the-kingLaugh

*Heheh* And in case you missed it in the last thread, here's the start to the subthread on that little chat... some laughs in there Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:14am

Post #44 of 209 (5801 views)
Shortcut
     Poor Leggy, never a break for him huh [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:42am

Post #45 of 209 (5762 views)
Shortcut
     It's absolutely within spitting distance compared to the other Dwarven realms [In reply to]  

I made a quickie edit based on details of the Dwarven realms on the same map you used. Aglarond sure got LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! carved all over it Sly

(Gah, TORn attachment size limit. Clicky for larger view)

Oh yeah! Love that Eryn Lasgalen vibeHeart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 11 2014, 3:43am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:46am

Post #46 of 209 (5760 views)
Shortcut
     LoL [In reply to]  

Ok... so we do need to edit the lexicon then?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:56am

Post #47 of 209 (5773 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah [In reply to]  

it's from VLOG 11, the 2min mark... blink and you'll miss, but damn if Thranduil isn't just badass coolHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:58am

Post #48 of 209 (5768 views)
Shortcut
     *hehe* nothing beats chibi fan art for teh cutez // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 3:59am

Post #49 of 209 (5788 views)
Shortcut
     Ah... that's from the AUJ EE prologue [In reply to]  

In Reply To
The Elves claim that the Dwarves were so overcome by avarice at the sight of such treasure that they stole it. But the Dwarves tell another story: that Thrór took only what was due to him because Thranduil refused to pay them the agreed price, and so they kept the jewels as recompense.

I don't know if it's word for word, but iirc, yup, EE prologue.

And HOORAH! on getting your English SilmmieSmile

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 11 2014, 4:00am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 11 2014, 4:01am

Post #50 of 209 (5746 views)
Shortcut
     Way to go, mariel [In reply to]  

Perfectly done and thanks for new Pretty! That last one... HoT!!! *THUD*

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.