Not sure
View Results (62 votes)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 8 2007, 10:32pm

Post #26 of 38 (638 views)
Shortcut
In a heartbeat [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. And I know part of this answer will come across as unfeeling or callous. Yes, I would watch everyone I know and love die. But they were going to grow old and die anyway and in many cases I would watch. Death is part of life. But I would get to see my great-great-great-great grandchildren. And -- and this is where things get to be really optimistic -- I'd get to watch the human race evolve, grow into what IMHO they should be (or not grow), watch men go to the stars, watch the stars come to us. Learn something new everyday and know that with everything I learn a hundred doors open. Watch in five billion years as the sun expands and men say goodbye to earth for the last time. See what forms after our star has died.

No, I don't fear death. I just fear the end of my opportunities. I don't like to give up on something until I've seen all the possibilities.

Now, tell me that I have to live the rest of my life on a single planet as pollution, greed, and global warming destroy it and the human race, and I'd say "no thank you." But the optimist in me wants to see and experience what man can be, and what the universe holds for us to meet.

Penthe
Gondor

Mar 12 2007, 1:33am

Post #27 of 38 (614 views)
Shortcut
Very positive attitude indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

You impress me.

I've often thought I'd quite like a kind of film of the future to view just before I died, just so I'd know what happened in the enxt bit of the story. But I could never decide if I wanted it to be of ten years, 100 years, 1,000 years or whatever.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 12 2007, 2:18am

Post #28 of 38 (600 views)
Shortcut
I'm in the 'not sure' camp. [In reply to] Can't Post

If I could choose the age I'd stay immortal at, I probably would. But if an immortality gene kicked in at a point of its own choosing (a la Julian May's Galactic Mileau trilogy) then I'm not sure I'd roll that dice, or I could end up being a decrepit 90yo forever.

I would like to see space flight become an everyday part of the human reality, though.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Mar 12 2007, 5:55pm

Post #29 of 38 (562 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure I even want [In reply to] Can't Post

the full life expectancy they promise now -- I have seen too many people who are surviving, but not *living.*

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Mar 13 2007, 6:20pm

Post #30 of 38 (608 views)
Shortcut
At the age of 50 I am finally able to choose yes and with Bono [In reply to] Can't Post

from U2. I would love to be able to work with Bono from the band U2 and work toward helping those who can not help themselves and try to change this often very dark world we live in. At the age of 50 I have gone through the change of life and without all those delusional sex hormones clouding my mind it is really nice to be self confident and to combine it with the wisdom I have gained. I have read that in women menopause and pms are the times when one does not put up with the undesirable events and behavior that is present during the rest of the days of ones life (a rather positive outlook on hormonal swings). But it does have more than some truth to it in my situation. It has taken many years to enable me to have the confidence to fight for what is right but energy levels continue to wane. So if one were to have the gift of long life and if it were to included good health just imagine what could be accomplished. Perhaps that is why the Elves seemed to be more evolved than the other races because they had the time to continue to build on the wisdom they had gained.

Atlas
Bree

Mar 28 2007, 10:36am

Post #31 of 38 (574 views)
Shortcut
Of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd finally have time to get all the reading done that I want to get done! Bliss. We are assuming that one's body isn't going to wear out, yeah? 'Cause it'd be my luck to end up unable to read for eternity. Or senile and gibbering.

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Apr 4 2007, 9:41am

Post #32 of 38 (567 views)
Shortcut
I guess I was having a really good day [In reply to] Can't Post

because today I couldn't get off of this planet fast enough. Perhaps Bono gets the respect that he deserves because he is famous but the average person has no chance in Hades at changing this very often pathetic world. I am having a very Non Frodo day.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 2:39pm

Post #33 of 38 (533 views)
Shortcut
That's a reply I tremendously enjoy reading! Would say more or less the same... [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 2:44pm

Post #34 of 38 (562 views)
Shortcut
That's an interesting and nice answer!... [In reply to] Can't Post

the artist formerly known as sparki
Bree

Jun 24 2007, 6:06pm

Post #35 of 38 (564 views)
Shortcut
I couldn't do it. [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't watch the world change around me like that- everyone I loved would die (if I could only have one), everything I cared about would grow old and evolve- one day I'd wake up and I'd be in an antithetical world to the one I was born in. That would really upset me.

Dagonet
Lorien

Oct 18 2007, 9:47pm

Post #36 of 38 (541 views)
Shortcut
My best friend. [In reply to] Can't Post

She's the best, and spending eternity with her, walking the earth. Yep, definetly her, you can't spend time away from her so why try?

Gaffer Gamgee
Bree

Apr 24 2008, 10:53pm

Post #37 of 38 (534 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

And you can't make me. Why would you want to?

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 3 2009, 6:49pm

Post #38 of 38 (683 views)
Shortcut
YES!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely I would!! I would find my Luthien{or severalBlush} and see what I could accomplish. If I ever tired of things I suppose I could accidentally jump in front of a speeding truck.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.