First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 9:25pm

Post #1 of 54 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Fill in the blank Can't Post

How about a little game?

Below, I have a quote from of one The Hobbit movies. The only thing is that it's missing a word - leaving a blank for you to fill.

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of ......... had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

What's the funniest, most absurd filler you can come up with?

Fire away!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Sep 30 2014, 9:28pm

Post #2 of 54 (768 views)
Shortcut
It´s too obvious but... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of the coming Hobbit trailer had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

leonmuse
Rivendell

Sep 30 2014, 9:40pm

Post #3 of 54 (721 views)
Shortcut
Gold [In reply to] Can't Post

You have my Sword. And you have my ----. And my ------!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 9:45pm

Post #4 of 54 (697 views)
Shortcut
You are supposed to come up with a funny alternative to the original. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Sep 30 2014, 10:01pm

Post #5 of 54 (731 views)
Shortcut
I'll play: [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of knitting had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 10:04pm

Post #6 of 54 (677 views)
Shortcut
That's wicked - I can just see him there with his needles :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 10:05pm

Post #7 of 54 (677 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes, he could be one of those guerrilla knitters! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 10:11pm

Post #8 of 54 (697 views)
Shortcut
OK - how about... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of Morris dancing had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

mariel
Lorien

Sep 30 2014, 10:24pm

Post #9 of 54 (681 views)
Shortcut
Or... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of synchronised swimming had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

Cirashala
Valinor

Sep 30 2014, 10:29pm

Post #10 of 54 (686 views)
Shortcut
mine [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of Miley Cyrus had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind." Angelic

Tee hee- good game, black fox! Smile

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 30 2014, 10:55pm

Post #11 of 54 (667 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of The Walking Dead on AMC had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind.

(This post was edited by Bishop on Sep 30 2014, 10:56pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 1 2014, 12:31am

Post #12 of 54 (628 views)
Shortcut
Let's see... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of binge-watching to catch up on Breaking Bad, GoT, Orange is the New (Orphan) Black, Doctor Who, Parks & Rec and Teen Wolf while watching cat videos in between episodes had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Farficom
Rivendell

Oct 1 2014, 4:22am

Post #13 of 54 (604 views)
Shortcut
"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of coffee had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind." [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, wait... that is mine. Sorry.

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 1 2014, 5:21am

Post #14 of 54 (607 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm.... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of One Direction had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind:

"Now I'm climbing the walls
But you don't notice at all
That I'm going out of my mind
All day and all night.

"So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is
But I need that one ring
And you've got that one ring.
"

"My friend,” said Gandalf, “you had horses, and deeds of arms, and the free fields; but she, born in the body of a maid, had a spirit and courage at least the match of yours. Yet she was doomed to wait upon an old man, whom she loved as a father, and watch him falling into a mean dishonoured dotage; and her part seemed to her more ignoble than that of the staff he leaned on.
“Think you that Wormtongue had poison only for Théoden's ears? ‘Dotard! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among their dogs?’ Have you not heard those words before? Saruman spoke them, the teacher of Wormtongue. Though I do not doubt that Wormtongue at home wrapped their meaning in terms more cunning. My lord, if your sister's love for you, and her will still bent to her duty, had not restrained her lips; you might have heard even such things as these escape them. But who knows what she spoke to the darkness, alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all her life seemed shrinking, and the walls of her bower closing in about her, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in?”

“I'm gonna wash Rohan right outa my hair,
I'm gonna wash Rohan right outa my hair,
And I’ll be on my way!

“If a land don't understand you,
No matter how many regimes,
Saddle up, do not wait,
Don’t waste time at the weapontake.
Muster out of that roll call.
Ride Windfola out to your dreams!

“If the house of Eorl is nothing more,
Than a barn where brigands drink,
Their brats and dogs roll on the floor,
Then you know what the door is for,
Muster out of that roll call,
Wash Rohan into the sink!

“I'm gonna wash Rohan right outa my hair,
And I’ll be on my way!"

-Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Lord of the Rings

Willow353
The Shire

Oct 1 2014, 5:37am

Post #15 of 54 (590 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, how about...? [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of Tetris had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 1 2014, 5:44am

Post #16 of 54 (608 views)
Shortcut
Well, there's the obvious... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of TORn had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind. He sat well into the night before his monitor, endlessly refreshing his browser."

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Kim
Valinor

Oct 1 2014, 6:06am

Post #17 of 54 (582 views)
Shortcut
Silverlode FTW! [In reply to] Can't Post

OK, I'll just refresh my browser one more time before I go to bed...

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 1 2014, 6:20am

Post #18 of 54 (583 views)
Shortcut
Mods up! [In reply to] Can't Post

lol Sly

I personally hate coffee with a vengeance (too bitter, IMO Pirate) but I most definitely know people for whom this would be appropriate!

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 1 2014, 6:21am

Post #19 of 54 (585 views)
Shortcut
oh, that is SO me! [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with Kim- you've DEFINITELY won this round! Cool

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 1 2014, 8:44am

Post #20 of 54 (551 views)
Shortcut
These are absolutely brilliant! Keep 'em coming! // [In reply to] Can't Post

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 1 2014, 8:46am

Post #21 of 54 (564 views)
Shortcut
Alright, here goes... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of late-night Elven mud wrestling programs had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 1 2014, 9:24am

Post #22 of 54 (557 views)
Shortcut
Or maybe.... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of flower arranging had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2014, 9:25am

Post #23 of 54 (560 views)
Shortcut
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem ... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. DanielLB's love of the Talking Purse had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

Unimpressed

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 1 2014, 9:27am

Post #24 of 54 (551 views)
Shortcut
One more... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Slowly, the days turned sour, and the watchful nights closed in. Thror's love of the second and third Matrix films had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him; it was a sickness of the mind."

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 1 2014, 9:39am

Post #25 of 54 (543 views)
Shortcut
*wipes away tears* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so proud of you, Daniel! EvilLaugh If only I had the kind of strength... Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.