Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Gandalf the White vs. Eragon

Keebler the Elf
Rivendell

Feb 26 2008, 6:25pm

Post #1 of 5 (5141 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf the White vs. Eragon Can't Post

This could be a touchy subject. I prefer Gandalf again, but maybe since the types of magic are different, Eragon could win. Plus his dragon Saphira. That would be the main difference between Eragon and Gandalf. Now Eragon without the dragon gets dominated, but Saphira alone would be very difficult.

nudge
Bree

Feb 28 2008, 3:58am

Post #2 of 5 (688 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf - Eragon Sucks [In reply to] Can't Post

Eragon is a total rip off. The plot is star wars and the setting is middle earth. Let me explain, replacing names where apropriate.

Eragon(Luke) is a normal kid who lives with his aunt and uncle. Suddenly he discovers a great power, a dragon. A mysterious old man(obi-wan) shows up to help him out.
Then, the emperor send his thugs(they might as well be called stormtroopers) to kill him. His aunt and uncle are killed and he must leave his home to learn the ways of the (force) with (obi-wan). So he sets off to find the rebel base(yes, it's actually called that)

On his way, he unknowingly runs into his sibling(just like princess leah, he also happens to be royalty) Also, (obi-wan) dies fighting the forces of evil.

In the next book, he travels to a far off land (dagobah) to learn from an old master of magic(Yoda) who tells him that he is not done with his training, yet he leaves anyway.

Finally, we end the second book by finding out that the main bad dude is Eragon's father.

It is downright plagiarism!

Check out my sites: Hobbit Central & Journey of the Ring

Keebler the Elf
Rivendell

Feb 28 2008, 4:21pm

Post #3 of 5 (752 views)
Shortcut
Yah I know [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah thats why I stopped reading the books, and haven't watched the movie because its an eyesore for fantasy. So I'd totally agree with you, in fact, I'd say that Eragon is the worst Fantasy I've ever read.

Lord of Magic
Bree

Mar 20 2010, 2:31am

Post #4 of 5 (3481 views)
Shortcut
However that isn't the point of this thread... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would say Eragon, only because Gandalf isn't a match for a dragon, especially with the restrictions of the Valar on him. He couldn't take on Smaug, so how could he take on Sapphire?

Former Duke of Stardock, Overseer of the Paraphysical Army of Tokidoki, High Mage in Service to King Lyam conDoin I of Rillanon, The Absolute Lord, Ruler, and Sovereign of all Tokidoki.

The White Dragon and Arnölé, The Lord of All Magic

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 3:00pm

Post #5 of 5 (235 views)
Shortcut
gandalf [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.