Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XV
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 10:08pm

Post #1 of 210 (14351 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XV  

Alright, it's time for TAXV! Here we go!

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile So feel free to jump in at any time!

(Clicky!)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I | II (Originating thread and II by Rowan Greene) | III | IV | V | VI (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)| VII (Thread by Eruvandi)
VIII | IX X | XI | XII | XIII XIV (Threads by Lurker)
(NOTE: Please read the "IMPORTANT README for TA posters: Information on posting, and adding images")

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon
aka the little TAspeak garden Tongue

• Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: See the "IMAGES" section of "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters) See also "Pretty!"
  • FLAST: Shorthand for Flustered Leggy AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of the worship for badass (maybe a smidgeon of oblivious in there somewhere) Thranduil and his actions/non-actions resulting in Legolas getting into a flap. Requires Legolas to be present when Thranduil does his thang
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • High Thud Risk (aka HTR): Alert for Pretty! hoarding thralls, invoked when 'EI' ain't cutting it. See also Pretty!
  • LA: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series.
  • Peckish Thrall: Avandel's TA humour panels ala Peckish Owl (So this is new, sue me. I'm just pre-emptively perpetuating something that's an eventuality Angelic)
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend", "High Thud Risk"
  • Silent Thread Visitor (aka STV): Self-explantory. STVs, Thranduil has a question for you. What say you? Smile
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold (See the "AVOIDING GENERIC POST-DEATH" and "AVOIDING POST-DEATH FROM THREADLOCK" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters). See also "Threadlock"
  • TW: Thrall Wars. An ongoing bit of silliness in the Fan Art board ribbing everything in and about the Thralldoms of Thranduil and that disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf (see "T&T"). Only one thing is sure: nothing and no one is safe Evil Think of it as vicarious authorly pretensions in miniature ping-pong mode, usually between Avandel and yours truly... Morphing into a 3-player mahjong game with Kerewyn dipping her toes inHeart
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!", "High Thud Risk"

• Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

"Home is behind the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Sep 26 2014, 10:09pm)

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 10:14pm

Post #2 of 210 (12332 views)
    Shortcut
         Mwahaha! [In reply to]  

Beat Lurker to it this time!Wink

*sneaks off to finish reading the TAXIV posts*

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 2:03am

Post #3 of 210 (12311 views)
    Shortcut
         *yawnz, stretches & looks around bleary-eyed* [In reply to]  

I'm disappointed, Eruvandi... all that time with the thread to yourself and you've not plastered the thread with posts and replies to TAXIV yet?Tongue

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
    Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIV
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
    Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 2:26am

Post #4 of 210 (12355 views)
    Shortcut
         Various general responses to posts in XIV [In reply to]  

@ltnjmy
    Yes Dear Lurker - that is it

In Reply To
    Smile I get such a smile when I see this poster. Were he alive, I think the great Professor would too.Smile

I'd like to think the prof would get a smile out of it tooSmile

@Kerewyn
    Before I forget...

In Reply To
    ...I like very much your linked image in the OP, Thrandy's special message toSTVs. I propose that should be the next main image to start TA thread XV. Wink

Ah, noted with thanks. I'll put it up with the next thread I start. Hopefully there's also a pleasant surprise for youSmile

@Eruvandi
    I did it!

In Reply To
    The time-capsule thing is an awesome idea, Lurker! My capsule is now finished and submitted.Smile

Saw your response. Thanks!

@Everyone else who haven't - check out the BotFA time-capsule. It's open through the weekend!

@VValar

Re Leggy

In Reply To
    Agreed, DOS Legolas makes perfect sense to me as well. But, like you, I'm also very curious how he is going to transform during the last film, or how the BoFA events will eventually 'change' him into the Elf we see in LotR. Lol about being blinded by his Elven beauty and not being able to objectively criticise his acting abilities, yeah that happend to me too.

I hope for a satisfactory transition...

Eh, re LotR Leggy... I meant there's not even enough there for any acting, let alone critiqueEvil

In Reply To
    Another thing, PJ could easily have told OB to tone it down a notch with the attitude in DOS so he would resemble LotR Legolas more. But he didn't, and obviously for a reason (???) That's one more thing to add to our evergrowing list of reasons we would like to see BOFA very very much.

hmmm... interesting idea. Though, I'm feeling dubious about it really. I guess we'll just to wait and see.

Surfing Leggy

In Reply To
    So we really have Thranduil to thank for Leggy's surfing skills:

Was there any doubt?AngelicTongue
    HeartHeartHeart

Cool LotR wallpaper
    Very nice! Thanks!

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XV
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
    Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 2:52am

Post #5 of 210 (13452 views)
    Shortcut
         In response to VValar's post "Thranduil's Elk missing armour" [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    But nothing on Bubba... maybe he won't ride him into battle after all and is just used to get from point A to point B, with maximum fabulosity exposure?

Just LoL at "maximum fabulosity exposure". Great term there!

Though, re moosey armour, I'm thinking Bubba may like the mumakil which wore decorative or war accessories only?

Though it does seem a more common practice to gird the ride appropriately, for the wow factor if nothing else. Just taking those war rams for example. They've got helmet-ish gear, though why animals used to butting heads need that is what I can't fathom. I'd think they give the rams more headache than aid when it gets to bashing heads together.

Even Aragorn's mount on the final battlefield of the Battle of the Morannon's got headgear. Very like the Rohirrim in your pic.

We don't have equivalent of examples of Elven mounts' war-accessorising I think, but just from these, and the only thing my unhelpfully dim memory could muster in reference to the books:

A smaller and lighter horse, but restive and fiery, was brought to Legolas. Arod was his name. But Legolas asked them to take off saddle and rein. ‘I need them not,’ he said, and leaped lightly up, and to their wonder Arod was tame and willing beneath him, moving here and there with but a spoken word: such was the Elvish way with all good beasts. Gimli was lifted up behind his friend, and he clung to him, not much more at ease than Sam Gamgee in a boat.
    - The Riders of Rohan, The Two Towers.

I'd hazard a guess to say Thranduil's penchant would be to keep Bubba's accessorising to a minimum... in contrast to his own magnificent riding/outing gearHeart Besides, with his size, and topped with that rack, Bubba's all intimation personified. Rather different from the mumakils' vibe surely, but still, it would be shock and awe of the awesomely Elvish ilk. And in that season, he's probably in no mood to stand around waiting to be prettified. Best to let him be, au naturelSmile and let Thranduil's own awesome magnificence speak.AngelicHeartCool

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XV

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 27 2014, 2:54am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 3:08am

Post #6 of 210 (12333 views)
    Shortcut
         What happens after the War of the Ring (from TAXIV) [In reply to]  

In response to Kerewyn's post here.

In Reply To

Thranduil seems to live content in northern Eryn Lasgalen (the former Mirkwood) for many centuries.
    Contentedly breeding orchids and elks, restoring the forest to health and walking in starlight. I often wonder what he would do in his centuries' worth of spare time.

I guess that's enough to keep Thranduil occupied! He would also continue his swordsmanship practices surely. I reckon he'd might also conduct drills and war-games just to give everyone something to do, and keep his forces in shape and in practice. And if he's minded to, he might sally into Mordor on occasion to clear the orcs still holded up there. Perhaps host multi-kingdom joint-military exercises?Smile

In Reply To

Gondor will, according to Tolkien’s letter and notes, fall into strife as some sort of Fourth Age cult takes root and traces of the “old evil” return.
    Interesting. I'd like to read these notes, and if only Tolkien had felt the urge (or lived long enough) to write this sequel.

I think most of the notes were covered in "The Peoples of Middle-earth" as you noted, which is one part in 12 of the HoME series I've not read. Here's another bit of further reading you might like: How Much of the Fourth Age of Middle-earth Did Tolkien Write About?

In Reply To

In The Peoples of Middle-earth we learn a few more details that, according to one of Tolkien’s letters, had to be omitted from the published book for lack of space.
    Can't a book be as long as it needs to be? It's not a movie! Unimpressed

Seems it's also partly the prof himself not having the interest to write that part of the book.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 3:21am

Post #7 of 210 (12677 views)
    Shortcut
         Thranduil's wardrobe discussion (continued from TAXIV) [In reply to]  

In response to Kerewyn's post: Costumey bits.

In Reply To
    My first thought on seeing the silvery tunic is that it looks very similar to what Legolas is wearing during Aragorn's coronation. (having again just gone back to titter at this one from a few pages back.

Ah... I see itSly

In Reply To
    Without the olive cloak though. Perhaps by the time of the coronation, Thrandy had 'handed it down'. Or maybe Leggy was going through dad's wardrobe: "Ada, you have the best gear. I really like this one - can I borrow it? Aw please?"

Though, would the royals be seen in hand-me-downs or borrow? Seems to be a lot of alterations involved in either case... I pity the poor craftsman tasked with the work Laugh

hmmm... I'd think some of Thranduil's household budgetting headache would relate to the family's wardrobe. Only the best would do, and for that, it's has to be haute couture, don't it? But probably fashion seasons have a rather longer timeline for Elves so they'd go for stuff that's built to last and more importantly, don't date easilyTongueAngelic

Going back to the original BEEF bit though, the olive cloak on the manneqin seems to be plain, but what we can see of the olive item has trimmings? Or is it just different angles, we don't see the lower half othe cloak on the manneqin and it seems the bit we see of the olive item on that chest in the BotFA still is showing the lower half of a cloak? The oliveness there does seem to be the same as the cloak on the mannequin though. hmm...

=======

USFRumpleteazer

Sep 27 2014, 4:23am

Post #8 of 210 (12356 views)
    Shortcut
         Re: Armored horses [In reply to]  

I have to add that it always bothered me that the Elves' horses in LotR had saddles and bridles. As mentioned above, according to the book, the Elves didn't need them, unlike other races. (The pansies...) :-p [The pansies being other races, not Elves. I know where my allegiance lies.]

(This post was edited by USFRumpleteazer on Sep 27 2014, 4:26am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 4:35am

Post #9 of 210 (12355 views)
    Shortcut
         More random snerkles [In reply to]  

(Continued from this snerkly post)

That's... ... really putting it mildlyTongue

alternative version:

(source)

And then...

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 4:38am

Post #10 of 210 (12353 views)
    Shortcut
         LOL [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    As mentioned above, according to the book, the Elves didn't need them, unlike other races. (The pansies...) :-p [The pansies being other races, not Elves. I know where my allegiance lies.]

I'd imagine it's all for show, you know... Elves are already so awesome, and if they went without tack or reins, it'd unsettle the other races even more, 'specially the Rohirrim who pride themselves on their horsemanshipAngelic

They're considerate and polite that waySmile

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 27 2014, 4:40am)

mariel
    Lorien

Sep 27 2014, 7:17am

Post #11 of 210 (12295 views)
    Shortcut
         New Leggy pic? [In reply to]  

Checking the blog link in your post above and found this

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/wilkimar/media/tumblr_ncbb97EsC71tbalq0o1_500_zps8c0a915a.jpg.html]

Says it's from the annual and is scanned, so not great resolution. I don't remember seeing it before - or have I missed it in another thread?

mariel
    Lorien

Sep 27 2014, 7:46am

Post #12 of 210 (12306 views)
    Shortcut
         Clicky link for Leggy pic [In reply to]  

Rats - used wrong browser

http://s1378.photobucket.com/...zps8c0a915a.jpg.html

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 8:44am

Post #13 of 210 (12296 views)
    Shortcut
         Haven't seen that one before [In reply to]  

Thanks, mariel Smile

=======

Bernhardina
    Rohan

Sep 27 2014, 9:12am

Post #14 of 210 (12280 views)
    Shortcut
         Love it! [In reply to]  

Made me chuckle Laugh these comics of Thranduil are the best - high quality fanart Evil

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 9:22am

Post #15 of 210 (12291 views)
    Shortcut
         Continuing the Thingol and Thranduil discussion - swords! [In reply to]  

From this post.

So from this sword replica page of a replica sale site:

The sword of the Elvenking was one of two twin swords crafted for Thranduil by the finest smiths of the Woodland Realm. The blade and flowing hilt are forged with engraved vine and leaf symbols representing the forests of the Greenwood, all forged from a single piece of silver Elven steel.

*OT: Dang! I so wants the swords*

Interesting parallel there with Anglachel and Anguirel, twin swords forged by the best craftsman of Thingol's people, Eol. It's not quite the exact parallel of course. Anglachel/Gurthang was the better know one and gifted to Thingol, to languish in the armoury until Beleg asked for it. Thranduil wears one sword, which is presumbably his main weapon and has seen use. Anguirel is the lesser known and unknown one, much like Thranduil's main gauche. Also, perhaps Thranduil isn't so particular and switches them around, as you said VValar.

But anyway, I see a small parallel in twin swords forged by the best craftsmen in the respective Kings' lands. (Additional Thranduil's swords chatter for ref)

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 27 2014, 9:26am)

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2014, 2:23pm

Post #16 of 210 (12251 views)
    Shortcut
         *hangs head in shame* [In reply to]  

I know, I know. But in my defense it was getting close to supper time when I started this one and after reading several of the longer posts it was time to get offline for the night. Even thralls have to get their sleep y'know.Wink

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2014, 4:36pm

Post #17 of 210 (12214 views)
    Shortcut
         My TORniversary [In reply to]  

Just so my fellow Thranduil Thralls know, today is my one-year TORniversary and I've done a mathom post over on Off-Topic. Of course, I mentioned Thranduil and I HTR-Alerted my pics as necessary.Angelic Hope to see y'all there!Smile

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 8:40pm

Post #18 of 210 (12235 views)
    Shortcut
         #15 [In reply to]  

Thanks for opening the 15th TA thread Eruvandi, and you got to use your Pretty! of Thranduil this time Heart

Happy posting everyone! Smile

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 8:58pm

Post #19 of 210 (12254 views)
    Shortcut
         Your TORniversary [In reply to]  

I liked you made a topic about it, I posted something to celebrate your one year aniversary, woohoo!! *Congrats*

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 9:09pm

Post #20 of 210 (12205 views)
    Shortcut
         Thranduil Pretty! [In reply to]  

Cause every new TA thread needs some Smile

Cool

No idea if these might be reposts, but hope you don't mind looking at some familiar looking Pretty! of Thranduil.

Interesting art

HTR alert!!

Definitely a repost, but it's worth it Heart

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 9:31pm

Post #21 of 210 (12208 views)
    Shortcut
         Re new Leggy picture [In reply to]  

Thanks Mariel for posting that new Leggy picture, I hadn't seen it before. Looks real good Heart

Hope you don't mind, but I thought it deserved a little more visability Angelic

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 9:35pm

Post #22 of 210 (12197 views)
    Shortcut
         Ohhh the horrible portrayal of cartoon Thranduil [In reply to]  

What were they thinking?? Looks more like a goblin than our beautiful Elven King. But it makes for good laughs when people start to make fun of it. LOL at 'it was a phase' and Legolas finding Thrandy's old teenage photo. Poor Thranduil.

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 9:40pm

Post #23 of 210 (12216 views)
    Shortcut
         Sassy Thrandy [In reply to]  

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 9:53pm

Post #24 of 210 (12213 views)
    Shortcut
         Re wardrobe post from previous thread [In reply to]  

Wow, great find Lurker! I hope we'll get to see Thranduil in this new wardrobe of Mirkwood-green and silver. Still very royal but this time dressed in the colours of his forest. Silver looks good on both father and son so I suppose all their tunics are that colour Heart In the tent picture (http://38.media.tumblr.com/...NUT1r2fph5o1_500.jpg) the green garment appears to have darker green symbols/motives (at the bottom?) Though not sure it's the same as the one on the mannequin. Could be!

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 27 2014, 10:04pm

Post #25 of 210 (12220 views)
    Shortcut
         MFE [In reply to]  

Maximum Fabulosity Exposure, MFE, when riding Bubba the War-Elk. One for the lexicon? Angelic

In Reply To

We don't have equivalent of examples of Elven mounts' war-accessorising I think, but just from these, and the only thing my unhelpfully dim memory could muster in reference to the books:

CoolA smaller and lighter horse, but restive and fiery, was brought to Legolas. Arod was his name. But Legolas asked them to take off saddle and rein. ‘I need them not,’ he said, and leaped lightly up, and to their wonder Arod was tame and willing beneath him, moving here and there with but a spoken word: such was the Elvish way with all good beasts. Gimli was lifted up behind his friend, and he clung to him, not much more at ease than Sam Gamgee in a boat.
    - The Riders of Rohan, The Two Towers.

I'd hazard a guess to say Thranduil's penchant would be to keep Bubba's accessorising to a minimum... in contrast to his own magnificent riding/outing gearHeart Besides, with his size, and topped with that rack, Bubba's all intimation personified. Rather different from the mumakils' vibe surely, but still, it would be shock and awe of the awesomely Elvish ilk. And in that season, he's probably in no mood to stand around waiting to be prettified. Best to let him be, au naturelSmile and let Thranduil's own awesome magnificence speak.AngelicHeart

You have a good point, especially with letting Thranduil's own magnificence speak without the fuss of having excessive armour on his Elk. But we're talking movie version here. They decided to gear up Arod for Legolas in TTT/ROTK, even though book-Legolas cleary describes not having any need for tack/protection on his horse (thanks for posting that paragraph). I'm not sure they will leave Bubba naked in the film. We'll just have to wait and see....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.