Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Props open bar doors* It's Fiesta time!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 26 2014, 4:06pm

Post #1 of 116 (450 views)
Shortcut
*Props open bar doors* It's Fiesta time! Can't Post

Well, what do you know? It's Friday already! (does a happy, Friday dance)

We're planning some yard work, watching NFL football and catching up on shows recorded on the DVR this week. What are your plans? Grab a comfy chair and let us know! Smile

*kicks juke box* "Wild World" by Yusuf Islam (a.k.a. Cat Stevens) starts to play (I saw him sing this in concert back in the day - awesome)!

Edited to add: I had to add this one too! His voice is still beautiful: Peace Train

Have a great weekend, everyone!! CoolHeartSmile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by Altaira on Sep 26 2014, 4:10pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 4:09pm

Post #2 of 116 (275 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

School is keeping me busy. And although I quite enjoy working on my thesis, I've been rather looking forward to the weekend. After all, a little breather never hurts. Plus, I've got the perfect excuse for taking a couple of days off: this fox here has a birthday coming up on Sunday! Woot!

Have a good weekend, everybody!

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 4:11pm

Post #3 of 116 (269 views)
Shortcut
Enjoying the fall weather! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our unusually beautiful summer weather has lingered into an equally lovely autumn. So I am trying to get outside as much as possible enjoying every minute of it before winter!

I'll have a tall iced cappuccino please!

*Reminisces to the music* .... did you know he is planning a tour?

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Sep 26 2014, 4:11pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 26 2014, 4:18pm

Post #4 of 116 (258 views)
Shortcut
Happy 'almost' birthday, Black Fox! [In reply to] Can't Post

You should *definitely* take the weekend off, in that case. I hope you have a lovely birthday! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2014, 4:19pm

Post #5 of 116 (267 views)
Shortcut
It's getting quite colorful outside! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love this time of year - but feel badly for folks I know who are allergic to whatever it is that the leaves give off as they dry out and crumble!

Some hot tea would be lovely, Altaira, I was attacked by a 24-hour bug earlier this week and am still recovering - the coughs always hang on too long. Tongue

We're thinking of going to a local shelter this weekend, a private one run by a friend of a friend, to see about picking up a "companion" younger cat for our ageing kitty. We're looking for one who's laid-back and loves to snuggle, like him. Heart

So some "Cat" Stevens music is perfect! You saw him in concert? He was a wonderful songwriter and singer! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2014, 4:20pm

Post #6 of 116 (258 views)
Shortcut
Ooh! Many happy returns of that day to you, Foxy One! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 26 2014, 4:21pm

Post #7 of 116 (259 views)
Shortcut
Very cool, Loresilme! [In reply to] Can't Post

Both enjoying so much of the beautiful weather, and his upcoming tour. We'll definitely keep tabs on it. I hope he comes to Colorado. Lots of memories flood in when I hear his songs. Smile

Have a great weekend - hopefully outdoors!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2014, 4:22pm

Post #8 of 116 (259 views)
Shortcut
What? Wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad to see such a talented person share his gifts again! Heart

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 4:23pm

Post #9 of 116 (255 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 26 2014, 4:24pm

Post #10 of 116 (261 views)
Shortcut
Love Cat Stevens! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh man... this is great listening :D THANKS!

And thank you for taking care of us on the beautiful fall weekend! The trees are starting to turn colour, but the air is still warm and welcoming. I'm in the mood for apple cider and donuts, so maybe a mug o' cider, if there's any lying about :)

I'm off to see my Mom for her 93rd Birthday today... but I'll be heading out tomorrow. OMG.. the Woman is a Wonder! Still lives at home where we grew up; drives the mile or so to the store/pharmacy; mows her own lawn... she's incredible!

I'm also preparing to *choke* have a new furnace and hot water heater installed. *whimper* And I was doing SO GOOD on paying down the bills!! But both are over 24 years old, and I've been lucky they've lasted this long. So... I'm diving in the deep end. With the winter they're predicting around here, I definitely don't want anything to konk out on me!

I hope you have a great weekend m'dear... and same for all my sibbies! Have a GREAT ONE! :)

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 4:24pm

Post #11 of 116 (256 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, dernwyn! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 26 2014, 4:26pm

Post #12 of 116 (255 views)
Shortcut
Happy Soon Birthday!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck on your thesis and HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY! I hope you have an awesome day that involves loads of ICE CREAM!!! :D

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 4:28pm

Post #13 of 116 (257 views)
Shortcut
I know, right?! [In reply to] Can't Post

His music was so much a part of that particular time! It seemed like there was always one of his songs in the Top 40. It was such a surprise to read he will be performing again!

Thanks, Altaira and hope you have a great weekend for outdoors too Smile!!

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 26 2014, 4:30pm

Post #14 of 116 (261 views)
Shortcut
The fall colors are so beautiful in the NE [In reply to] Can't Post

I worked in Boston for many months (flying home every weekend) in my former consulting life and was lucky enough to be there during the fall colors. Spectacular! It's high on B.G. and my priority list to get there together some time during the Fall.

Sorry to hear about your bug! You should pamper yourself this weekend. Smile This is my 'itchy, dry eyes' allergy season (along with the usual sniffles and sneezes). Thankfully, Allegra and eye drops help!

Take care, my friend. HeartSmile

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 4:32pm

Post #15 of 116 (258 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Altaira! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be having a nice quiet weekend here (...well, 'quiet' in this case meaning reading, gaming, hanging out with friends, and watching Doctor Who, LOL Wink , but you know what I mean :) ).

A Fall Usual, please; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, Altaira! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 4:33pm

Post #16 of 116 (254 views)
Shortcut
Isn't it :)? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know if I'll be able to make it to any of his live shows, but even on an entertainment broadcast, I am looking forward to hearing that voice again! It was so unlike anyone else's Heart.

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 26 2014, 4:34pm

Post #17 of 116 (258 views)
Shortcut
Mows her own lawn!!? [In reply to] Can't Post

At 93!!? OMG, she *is* a wonder (and now I know who you get all that energy from Wink). Bless her heart. I hope she has a wonderful birthday and that you have a wonderful time celebrating it with her.

Ouch about the furnace and A/C. Not inexpensive. Frown However, you are VERY lucky they lasted that long. The silver lining is that you'll probably save a bit of money on lower bills now that you're getting more efficient appliances. Smile

Happy weekend, gramma!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 4:36pm

Post #18 of 116 (254 views)
Shortcut
Aww! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the cutest cake ever! And, yes, ice cream is a must-have. There are some things you just can't live without. TongueSmile

Thank you so much, gramma!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2014, 4:36pm

Post #19 of 116 (257 views)
Shortcut
I love Cat Stevens! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are having a beautiful early fall day - sunny, dry, warm, and the leaves are just starting to turn. We've been attacked by pumpkin-itis with the food - pumpkin-flavored coffee, muffins, yogurt, bread - everything pumpkin in honor of the season. I love pumpkin, but I'm not quite ready for fall and want to hang on to the last moments of summer - maybe because of the terrible winter we had last year.

Anyway, busy weekend ahead. My niece arrives in a couple hours with her friend and they're staying the weekend. They are fairly independent; I give them a key and bus passes and they're good to go. They are here for a concert tonight, then enjoying Chicago the rest of the time.

My neighborhood is having an Oktoberfest party on Saturday and I'm on the party committee. So we are decorating around noon on Saturday and the fun starts about 5.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - I'll take a nice scotch, neat, to start the festivities!

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 26 2014, 4:37pm

Post #20 of 116 (250 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I suppose we need to define 'quiet', lol [In reply to] Can't Post

I think reading definitely applies, but I imagine gaming, friends and Dr. Who can get a little boisterous at times. Wink Sounds like a great combination!

*slides a miruvor and hot chocolate onto the bar*

Enjoy!

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 4:38pm

Post #21 of 116 (254 views)
Shortcut
That's inspiring! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm off to see my Mom for her 93rd Birthday today... but I'll be heading out tomorrow. OMG.. the Woman is a Wonder! Still lives at home where we grew up; drives the mile or so to the store/pharmacy; mows her own lawn... she's incredible!

That's an inspiration for all of us. And now we know where you get your boundless energy from, gramma Sly!

Have a great weekend Smile!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 26 2014, 4:43pm

Post #22 of 116 (258 views)
Shortcut
Aw, those tunes are a sweet blast from the past <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure what's on tap for the weekend, beyond writers' group, which means time with my sister and my daughter, who are both in the group. My daughter has been coming for 22 years, since she was seven, and in my completely unbiased opinion is now the best writer of us all. She really comes up with some great world-building and some amazing turns of phrase. And her characters are intense.

We'll probably try to get to the mountains while the aspens are still nice. They've been especially lovely this year. But even the ash tree in our front yard is looking lovely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 4:49pm

Post #23 of 116 (262 views)
Shortcut
I am late due to a doctors viisit [In reply to] Can't Post

AND the blood test results are really good and all systems are go. Blood pressure 100/60, pulse rate 60.

I will, dear (and foxy) barmaid i will have a hot apple cider with cinnamon please, for season's celebrations.

Mrs. sil got through the fun run here to celebrate her back surgery recovery and she looks happy here

Also this week i FINALLY

painted the woodstove (40 yrs old) after much prep and painted the back drop too behind the woodpile so the whole hearth, cleaned to a fair-thee-well looks ready for the winter season. Note: the green is too bright i think. Camera is a tad off.

Time to go take a run this beautiful day, so all take care and take a goodly weekend for yourselvesSmile

" 'Fair lady Goldberry!' said Frodo at last, feeling his heart move with a joy that he did not understand. He stood as he had at times stood enchanted by fair elven-voices; but the spell that was now laid upon him was different: less keen and lofty was the delight, but deeper and nearer to mortal heart; marvellous and yet not strange."

Chapter VII: In the House of Tom Bombadil; FOTR's

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 4:49pm

Post #24 of 116 (251 views)
Shortcut
Pumpkin-itis :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
We are having a beautiful early fall day - sunny, dry, warm, and the leaves are just starting to turn. We've been attacked by pumpkin-itis with the food - pumpkin-flavored coffee, muffins, yogurt, bread - everything pumpkin in honor of the season. I love pumpkin, but I'm not quite ready for fall and want to hang on to the last moments of summer - maybe because of the terrible winter we had last year.

Ha! I've noticed that too this year!! Did Dunkin Donuts always have a 'Pumpkin Crème Brulee Latte' CrazySly?

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 26 2014, 4:52pm

Post #25 of 116 (248 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a wonderful weekend, entmaiden! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe it's already time for pumpkins and Octoberfests either. I didn't really get to enjoy the summer due to work craziness, so I'm also a little sad to see it go. But, football, fall TV shows and the approach of the Hobbit movie in December help!

*pours some Jameson into a festive glass*

Have a fun weekend! Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.