Top 10 ways LOTR would be different if written by James Cameron

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 25 2014, 11:51pm

Post #1 of 13 (650 views)
Shortcut
Top 10 ways LOTR would be different if written by James Cameron Can't Post

10. The Elves would be blue-skinned.

9. Gandalf to Frodo: "Sauron can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until the One Ring is his."

8. Rosie to Sam on his return to the Shire: "Draw me like one of your Elf girls."

7. Shelob would have a second set of jaws that thrust out of her mouth.

6. Hama to Eowyn Shieldmaiden: "Have you ever been mistaken for a man?" Eowyn. "No. Have you?"

5. Drogo Baggins drowned after Primula said there wasn't enough room on the overturned boat for them both to fit.

4. The One Ring is lowered willingly into the Cracks of Doom so that its evil will be removed from Middle-earth. Frodo sheds a tear for the object it considered a father-figure.

3. Merry and Pippin listen to the Ent Moot by plugging into Treebeard's mind through his root system, and are promptly bored to tears.

2. Aragorn to Frodo in The Prancing Pony: "Come with me if you want to live."

And the NUMBER ONE way LOTR would be different if written by James Cameron...

1. Gandalf before he falls into the abyss at the Bridge of Khazad-dum: "I'll be back."

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Sep 25 2014, 11:52pm)

CuriousG
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 12:52am

Post #2 of 13 (422 views)
Shortcut
What fun, Ataahua! [In reply to] Can't Post

How about: while the Fellowship assembles in Rivendell, Gimli nudges Legolas and asks who Frodo is. Answer: "Some kind of consultant. He says he saw a magic ring once."

I love your Shelob comment!

If Cameron had done the Shelob's Lair sequence when Frodo has fallen to the spider bite and Sam comes to the rescue, Sam would have backed into the tunnel, conveniently found some oversized, superpowered orc armor, and taunted Shelob with, "Get away from him, you *****!"

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Sep 26 2014, 8:29pm)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 1:00am

Post #3 of 13 (428 views)
Shortcut
LOL, I didn't even have to look... [In reply to] Can't Post

...to know what #1 was going to be. Tongue

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Holly Hobbit
Bree

Sep 26 2014, 4:47am

Post #4 of 13 (413 views)
Shortcut
I've thought of #11... [In reply to] Can't Post

James Horner might have done the soundtrack instead of Howard Shore. I know that he composed the soundtracks for two other James Cameron movies, Titanic and Avatar. (Although honestly, I'm pleased with the Middle-Earth soundtracks just the way they are. I cannot imagine anyone but Howard Shore composing them, as they are simply wonderful!)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 5:02am

Post #5 of 13 (413 views)
Shortcut
Shore's scores... [In reply to] Can't Post

...are just on an entirely different level from most contemporary film music. They're so grand and operatic. You just don't hear anything else like it in modern times.

That said, I would have been curious to hear what Horner would have come up with - or at least the James Horner of the 80s and 90s. He began getting extremely derivative of his own material in the '00s and never really recovered. But I would have loved to hear Middle-earth music from the man who composed The Wrath of Khan, Willow, The Rocketeer, Braveheart, Titanic, etc.

But, yeah, I wouldn't trade Shore for anything in the world. Smile

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Sep 26 2014, 5:03am)

Glassary
Rivendell

Sep 26 2014, 5:31am

Post #6 of 13 (410 views)
Shortcut
Arghhh [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
8. Rosie to Sam on his return to the Shire: "Draw me like one of your elf girls".

Thanks Ataahua now every time Sam strolls down the path toward Rosie this line will be lurking in the back of my mind!!!

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 12:44pm

Post #7 of 13 (395 views)
Shortcut
Ha! These are great! And how about: Instead of Gollum falling into the lava with the Ring, [In reply to] Can't Post

a bloodied but defiant Frodo would crawl to the edge, throw it in and snarl, "You're terminated, ****er".

LaughWink

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Sep 26 2014, 8:30pm)

CuriousG
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 1:44pm

Post #8 of 13 (396 views)
Shortcut
What about a George Lucas version of this game? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm trying to figure out which baddie would tell which goodie, "I am really your father."

Sauron to Frodo?
Chief Nazgul to Aragorn?
Saruman to Gandalf?
Bill Ferny to Bill the Pony?

Then we would see in FOTR that the Ring is magic and confers magic upon its bearer according to their ability. By ROTK, we would learn that the Ring is made from an obscure ore, sauronite, which interacts with latent bacteria in its bearers to produce radiation which will simulate things like turning invisible and other tricks, explaining Nuclear Galadriel.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2014, 8:29pm

Post #9 of 13 (349 views)
Shortcut
*mwahahahaaa* / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2014, 8:30pm

Post #10 of 13 (364 views)
Shortcut
I'd love to see that version [In reply to] Can't Post

of the Shelob scene. Evil

Ataahua's stories

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Sep 27 2014, 11:14am

Post #11 of 13 (337 views)
Shortcut
At least one of the movies would end with a Celine Dion song [In reply to] Can't Post

And have a very dramatic music video.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it." - Cicero

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 27 2014, 12:37pm

Post #12 of 13 (326 views)
Shortcut
A father figure?!? BWAHAHAAHA! These are Brilliant!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 28 2014, 8:46pm

Post #13 of 13 (379 views)
Shortcut
Oh definitely Frodo and Sauron! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.