The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Italian? Lo Hobbit, miniature inedite da collezione

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 24 2014, 11:22pm

Post #1 of 5 (2241 views)
Shortcut
Italian? Lo Hobbit, miniature inedite da collezione Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88Esp8jouA (I didn't understand a word of this except "molto bello")

Which seems to be a nice little set of figures that you can collect. If you are in Italy. Unimpressed

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Lissuin
Valinor

Sep 25 2014, 1:09am

Post #2 of 5 (2145 views)
Shortcut
Eaglemoss Collections [In reply to] Can't Post

TORN reported on it here:
http://www.theonering.net/...-the-hobbit-figures/

Much googling only found this:
http://www.eaglemoss.de/hobbit/faqs.aspx It's in German which can be translated. But it seems that the figurines were produced in 2013 and now no more. I sent an email request for info to interabo.de and got a return message that "This service has been discontinued and is therefore no longer available."

They are nice figurines. Perhaps we should sign in for product news on the Eaglemoss website. http://eaglemoss.com/default.aspx They might do more for BOTFA. Smaug would be nice to have.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 25 2014, 7:36am

Post #3 of 5 (2142 views)
Shortcut
They had a pre-launch of them in the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

And you could pre-order the magazine in February 2014. They cancelled the national launch in March, and I was told the line would be released with BO5A movie but nothing has been confirmed by the publisher.

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 29 2014, 7:49pm

Post #4 of 5 (2109 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Lissuin and Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was afraid I had missed some wonderful opportunity, the booklet that seems to have come with every figure looks pretty nice - seems to be unusual these days that companies even bother. So PERHAPS these may be released, or maybe one day I will get the figure of my dreams which would be a good representation of Thorin - probably by Sideshow as one of their high end figures.

Because I love everything about the WETA figure except the face. I'm more tolerant with smaller figures and this set would go nicely on shelf.Heart

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 29 2014, 7:59pm

Post #5 of 5 (2173 views)
Shortcut
Back in the day ... [In reply to] Can't Post

The same company (Eaglemoss) also sold The Lord of the Rings collector model magazine (in the UK at least, not sure about worldwide). There are plenty sold on ebay if you're interested in content and quality. I collected them.

If you do sign up to the magazine, my advice would be wary about the total number of figurines they release. For The Lord of the Rings set it was around 170. The cost of them soon adds up.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.