The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Super-Tapestry.

Faleel
Rohan

Sep 16 2014, 8:53pm

Post #1 of 13 (3113 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Super-Tapestry. Can't Post

I hope the mods have no problem with making a seperate thread for this, as its getting buried in the other thread. (If they do, then this thread should be locked)

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/fishmanlee_2009/HAUJ-HDOS-HBOTFAwbeorn_zps9eda239f.png

It looks small on Photobucket, but if you download it, it should look fine.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Sep 16 2014, 10:12pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 16 2014, 10:13pm

Post #2 of 13 (2354 views)
Shortcut
I tried to make it clickable, but I'm getting an error message [In reply to] Can't Post

"Sorry, this person moved or deleted this image"

If you re-post it, or PM me with another try, I can edit it into your post. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Faleel
Rohan

Sep 16 2014, 10:23pm

Post #3 of 13 (2547 views)
Shortcut
Here you go! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i576.photobucket.com/...eorn_zps16d07d72.png

(This post was edited by Faleel on Sep 16 2014, 10:24pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 16 2014, 10:47pm

Post #4 of 13 (2307 views)
Shortcut
Much better! Thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 17 2014, 12:50am

Post #5 of 13 (2283 views)
Shortcut
Very cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Sep 17 2014, 2:59am

Post #6 of 13 (2569 views)
Shortcut
I made one as well [In reply to] Can't Post

https://flic.kr/p/oYkBLC

"Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth."

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 17 2014, 4:44am

Post #7 of 13 (2207 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this // [In reply to] Can't Post

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 17 2014, 3:47pm

Post #8 of 13 (2089 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I’m afraid, and he gives me courage.” - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Sep 18 2014, 12:56am

Post #9 of 13 (2020 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

That is really cool! All it needs is the Hobbit trilogy logo in the middle (I like seeing the name of the movie on my posters, I know everyone is different) and I'd buy it to display! Nice work!

(This post was edited by KingTurgon on Sep 18 2014, 12:56am)

FrogmortonJustice65
Lorien

Sep 18 2014, 4:31am

Post #10 of 13 (2006 views)
Shortcut
not quite complete! [In reply to] Can't Post

The BOFA tapestry doesn't feature the conclusion of the story as it was written in the book -- no return to the Shire for instance. But I suppose it would be silly to reveal that in the pre-release marketing campaign.

photo cbccab4e-f61e-4be5-aaa1-20e302430c7c.jpg

Faleel
Rohan

Sep 18 2014, 1:11pm

Post #11 of 13 (1977 views)
Shortcut
Very [In reply to] Can't Post

Very Good! even better than mine! great job!

irasel
The Shire

Sep 21 2014, 6:43pm

Post #12 of 13 (1927 views)
Shortcut
Super tapestry displayed at Comic-con [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice job! Anyway, as you can see, the super tapestry displayed at Comic-con lacked the scene between Gandalf and Beorn, just in case you want to replicate it exactly. I guess that two Gandalf's so close to each other look a little odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6yM2-zSVL0

(This post was edited by irasel on Sep 21 2014, 6:44pm)

KingTurgon
Rohan

Sep 22 2014, 6:50pm

Post #13 of 13 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

We wants it, yes, we wants the precious!!!

I'd probably buy this to hang on my wall if I could (my only hesitancy would be too much Tauriel, but that's not your fault lol)!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.