Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What film do you think the BoFA Trailer #2 will be attached to?

tsmith675
Gondor

Sep 22 2014, 2:04pm

Post #1 of 11 (1383 views)
Shortcut
What film do you think the BoFA Trailer #2 will be attached to? Can't Post

Or maybe it won't be attached to a specific film. It's pretty much a given that it'll be coming in October. And October is rapidly approaching. October 8th seems like as good of a day as any... Wink

Our destiny lies above us.

(This post was edited by tsmith675 on Sep 22 2014, 2:05pm)

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:15pm

Post #2 of 11 (679 views)
Shortcut
Maybe 'Dracula Untold'? [In reply to] Can't Post

It stars Luke Evans, and it's a PG-13 action-fantasy. Seems like a good match.

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:30pm

Post #3 of 11 (706 views)
Shortcut
Dracula might be the most fitting... [In reply to] Can't Post

... though I am not sure it will be released in early October.

I suspect an online release between 12th and 27th October.

It will be important for the "target audience" to have it play before Mockingjay and Interstellar, though. Those will be the two biggies before Bot5A comes to cinemas.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Sep 22 2014, 2:32pm)

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 22 2014, 8:02pm

Post #4 of 11 (531 views)
Shortcut
This movie is coming out on the tenth after being moved from the third [In reply to] Can't Post

And it seems pretty appropriate.

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 23 2014, 2:11pm

Post #5 of 11 (424 views)
Shortcut
There may not be another trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

The Return of the King only had one trailer, it's perfectly possible that BofA will only get one as well.

I'm not saying it's at all likely - The Hobbit seems to over endulge in marketing, I'm sure there's plenty to come. But I don't think we should all just start expecting one. You'll just get let down if it doesn't happen.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Sep 23 2014, 2:12pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 23 2014, 2:15pm

Post #6 of 11 (413 views)
Shortcut
There certainly was a plan to make another trailer. [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the October release was announced by PJ himself.

In general, one trailer is fine - in general. RotK had a really good one, imho.

But the teaser from July is imho not nearly enough to promote the last chapter, especially when the plan is to maximize audience numbers and not to lose even more than DoS already did.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 23 2014, 2:27pm

Post #7 of 11 (400 views)
Shortcut
There will definitely be at least one more trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

There is simply no way that Warners is going to release TH:BotFA without a single, full trailer. The teaser was the merest taste.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

dubulous
Rohan

Sep 23 2014, 3:37pm

Post #8 of 11 (399 views)
Shortcut
Technically we've not yet had a trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

The one we got in July was called a teaser by PJ. It's entirely possible that we will get just one full length trailer, but it hasn't bee released yet.

I'll put my bet on later October because I don't want to get my hopes up too early.

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2014, 7:03pm

Post #9 of 11 (359 views)
Shortcut
Yeah...Lazy as marketing has been, I think we will get at least one more. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't hope for much more, but I would be pleasantly surprised if we ddi get it.

My pessimistic side says that they might just coast on the minimal PR they've done for the first two, relying on the established fanbase and forward momentum. Unfortunately, that is what happens when you have cheapskates running the marketing to a well-established and solid fandom-- they cut corners and pinch pennies. Who is going to start a trilogy by watching the third movie first anyway?

Just my bitter musings. Even I hope that I'm wrong!!

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Holly Hobbit
Bree

Sep 26 2014, 3:58am

Post #10 of 11 (234 views)
Shortcut
My guesses... [In reply to] Can't Post

Age-group wise, the movies most likely to have the Hobbit trailer attached to it are Dracula and The Hunger Games - both are PG-13 and would appeal to similar demographics. Sometimes the movie company can also be a clue, although this is not a guaranteed rule - when I went to see Into the Storm, I expected to see the teaser for The Hobbit attached to it since both are from Warner Brothers/New Line/MGM, but the theatre I attended didn't have the trailer... I can't remember off the top of my head whether Dracula Untold is a Warner Brothers/New Line/MGM movie or not... Interstellar is I think a Warner Brothers movie, so there's a chance there as well.

(This post was edited by Holly Hobbit on Sep 26 2014, 4:00am)

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 7:25am

Post #11 of 11 (228 views)
Shortcut
And Interstellar. [In reply to] Can't Post

That film will go for a PG-13 for certain. And might very well be similarly big at the BO to Mockingjay.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.