Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XIV
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 3:28pm

Post #26 of 206 (4844 views)
Shortcut
     TA Thread number 14!! [In reply to]  

It seems these TA threads go faster by the minute. Number 14 you guys, great work with the appreciation of our beloved HeartElvenKingHeart and his Princeling spawn Heart

And I love the OP picture. It's a good thing it got posted again, thanks Silverlode for that. And good choice Lurker!

Oh how excited we all must be for BOFA, where we'll sure to get more Pretty! like this (armour + The Hair + The Look + snow + two swords(!!))

OMG it's so pretty, I'm going to cry now Heart

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 3:30pm

Post #27 of 206 (4817 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for putting that wonderful image up [In reply to]  

It wasn't complete without it Angelic

All new imagery of Thranduil (/Legolas) deserve their own special place of worship within this thread Heart

In Reply To
Like this from VValar's post in TAXIII?

Then you should be squeely for a higher res version and and then some here

Bernhardina
Rohan

Sep 21 2014, 5:05pm

Post #28 of 206 (4818 views)
Shortcut
     That's what I am most excited about *giggle* I mean, he looks amazing in that white cold light... [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Oh how excited we all must be for BOFA, where we'll sure to get more Pretty! like this (armour + The Hair + The Look + snow + two swords(!!))

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 5:42pm

Post #29 of 206 (4834 views)
Shortcut
     Well if you like that.... [In reply to]  

....I'm sure you will also like these HR images of Thranduil! Only no snow on the first one, but that's easily forgiven Heart

Clicky's:

Love the details of his armour, especially his swords who are clearly exactly alike.

**HTR Alert** with this one due to its size!

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 21 2014, 5:43pm)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 5:56pm

Post #30 of 206 (4814 views)
Shortcut
     Various answers to various questions [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Oef: OH yeah! Just so knee-weakening... Oy vey!

How about this one? More LP Pretty! AngelicHeart (I'm getting a hang of these clicky's)

Oh and:

**HTR ALERT**

*squee* *swoon* *TUD*

In Reply To
Hey, you're doing great, you know? Adding Pretty! is the top priority and importance of TA after all. I understand the hesitation, I felt the same way before I took the plungeEvil But to any STVs who are hesitant to jump in just from thinking you've got nothing to add, just do it!Smile

Thanks hon Yes you're right about our top priority of adding Pretty! of our object of affection, it's essential Heart

RE FEAST Elrond/Thranduil-drinking image LOL. No I hadn't seen it before, thanks for sharing I had a good laugh!
Oh good thinking on adding the FEASTING to the lexicon next time, I'll remind you Wink

RE Cute Trandy/Leggy picure, hadn't seen it was a gif clicky. Even cuter!! Heart That reminds me, I found some Trandy/Leggy fanart that I shall post soon.

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 21 2014, 5:57pm)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 6:01pm

Post #31 of 206 (4829 views)
Shortcut
     Pretty sparkles [In reply to]  

Good choice as well of having it as a OP picture!

Btw thought you might like this:
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/...857_1460437474_a.jpg

Heart

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 21 2014, 6:03pm)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 6:10pm

Post #32 of 206 (4853 views)
Shortcut
     **SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS** [In reply to]  

Well possible spoilers anyway. If what is being said on the TORn board is true, be the courtesy of these threads
http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread
http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread

So for those who would not like to be spoiled in knowing a little bit of what is possible happening in this picture:

You shouldn't probably read this:

Orcs have begun to hunt the surviving ppl from Laketown who had fled into the ruins of Dale and to attack them with swords and axes until finally an army of elves from Mirkwood defeat the orcs.
Thranduil stares at the killed elves in a mixture of sadness and anger and is then approached by Gandalf who asks him to help against the forces of darkness. However, Thranduil replies that enough blood of the elves has been spilled already.

And

The Men of Lake-town seem to get attacked by Orcs after Esgaroth's destruction but before the Battle of the Five Armies, being aided by Thranduil who is shocked by the sight of Elves slain in this skirmish. He therefore refuses Gandalf's plea to help against the forces of Sauron (at first, obviously).

That should be exciting Smile and even more curious to how/when Thranduil finally DOES decide to participate in the Battle of Five Armies.

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 6:21pm

Post #33 of 206 (4785 views)
Shortcut
     Even though it is not the real Leggy [In reply to]  

In Reply To
(in response to this post by VValar) isn't Leggy. I stumbled on a translate of a bit on this scene (spoilers so I won't post or link) and the translator says that's a stand-in.

He's still a pretty stand-in Smile
Here I thought OB did all of his stunts himself?

Kim
Valinor

Sep 21 2014, 6:33pm

Post #34 of 206 (4811 views)
Shortcut
     *sneaking in just to say* [In reply to]  

Was that not the most hilariously random tweet? Laugh

*sneaks back out*

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 6:34pm

Post #35 of 206 (4820 views)
Shortcut
     Gotta love an Elf in armour [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Continuing from the Pretty! of Armour!Thranduil on Bubba. (VValar, make sure you're sitting down Smile)

Especially when its our Elf that is concerned. Phew, good thing you had me seated before I viewed all the Pretty! with armour Tongue
And to celebrate his Glory and Magnificence, here's another version of that amazing picture (clickyyyyy)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 6:48pm

Post #36 of 206 (4805 views)
Shortcut
     *Waves* Hi Kim! [In reply to]  

Hehe v funny tweet Sly

Bernhardina
Rohan

Sep 21 2014, 7:09pm

Post #37 of 206 (4776 views)
Shortcut
     Exciting! [In reply to]  

I am still most curious about how Thranduil will make the decision to leave the Woodland Realm. I guess it happens early in the movie, since he will have to prepare an army and march all the way to Dale!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 21 2014, 7:31pm

Post #38 of 206 (4794 views)
Shortcut
     Not random at all! [In reply to]  

It was his response to this joke his Army played on him last night: https://twitter.com/...themall&src=typd

"One Beard to Woo Them All,
One Place to Find Them,
One Beard to Bring Them All
And In the Twittersphere Bind Them"

Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Kim
Valinor

Sep 21 2014, 7:45pm

Post #39 of 206 (4799 views)
Shortcut
     Ah, I totally missed that [In reply to]  

Makes more sense now. Still funny though. Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 8:18pm

Post #40 of 206 (4763 views)
Shortcut
     Celeborn [In reply to]  

I'm glad you and Mariel read and liked the article about Celeborn and thanks for replying. It might not be for everyone but I found it to be very interesting and insighting as well. It gave me a better insight in the character and the similarities he has with Thranduil Heart

Thanks for reposting the link to the article, in case anyone else would like to read it someday.

Oh I had no idea you're from NZ, did you mention it before? If so, I must have read over it. That's so cool!! You live in LotR land!! Cool

Oops sorry for the Silm spoilers. I hadn't read it in a long while so I didn't quite remember everything that's in the article. If I had known, I would have given you a warning in advance Blush Even though I haven't read the Silm just yet, I already knew things didn't work out quite so well for Tingol heh. But I can imagine it kinda sucks when you had absolutely no idea and were in the middle of the story, so apologies!

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:11am

Post #41 of 206 (4780 views)
Shortcut
     btw... Have you two seen this Leggy portrait? [In reply to]  

http://rivaleth-of-mirkwood.tumblr.com/...7723/legolas-timothy

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIV
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:14am

Post #42 of 206 (4747 views)
Shortcut
     hmmm... or is it a Thranduil double? [In reply to]  

The language isn't clear about that. Though I suppose there are stunts the actors might not be able to do themselves. Looking at the hair and the lack of armour-ish bulk plus the crownlessness of the person, I would think it's Leggy. Maybe the double's purpose is not for stunts but just for a in-shot stand-in so Thranduil can emote to Legolas without OB being there?

In lieu of a clearer shot, I guess we might not know for sure.

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIV

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:24am

Post #43 of 206 (4752 views)
Shortcut
     More armour glory (HTR!, you armour fiends) [In reply to]  

What a collectionHeart eh?

http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/...72124136/king-in-war

Love the clearer view of details this 'shopped version gives us (nice LARGE version at source)

http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/...7969327271/variation

oohhh... swords!Heart

http://stewardish.tumblr.com/post/98095459364

And yes, in case anyone wonders, I am giving up on my personal penchant of the clean, smart look of clicky images, in case of accidentally calling upon my head another demonstration of Wrath of Mod again, because really, I don't keep the source links and I don't want to deprive fellow thralls of the source Pretty! Evil

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 22 2014, 2:28am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:29am

Post #44 of 206 (4717 views)
Shortcut
     LoL [In reply to]  

This fellow prolly feels the same about his completely hirsute selfLaughAngelicHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:30am

Post #45 of 206 (4753 views)
Shortcut
     Why sneaksy, Kim? [In reply to]  

*puzzled* You've been around this thread. What's changed?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:37am

Post #46 of 206 (4753 views)
Shortcut
     Loves Pretty! [In reply to]  

oooh... I got that for the next WWSmile

And am reminded... had it in mind to reply to this, but getting zapped by WOM blew it out of my mind for a while.

In Reply To
http://maedhrosmaitimo.tumblr.com/...star-shadow-magician
Have no idea what they're saying but love the 'I love mirkwood' apron

Thranduil: Legolas, you're not going to grow any taller in this life even if you drink that white liquid all day. Come over here and have some red wine instead.
Legolas: Take your stinking feet off the table.

Hehe... classic FLAST but Leggy gets to sass Thrandy in return, just a little, for a changeTongue oh, just in case it's not clear, white liquid = milk

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:38am

Post #47 of 206 (4736 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for centering it. // [In reply to]  

=======

Kim
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:38am

Post #48 of 206 (4735 views)
Shortcut
     Well, ya know [In reply to]  

The topic had shifted over to your favorite non-Thranduil subject, didn't want to distract the Thralls. Tongue

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:39am

Post #49 of 206 (4730 views)
Shortcut
     You're welcome! [In reply to]  

Thudding safely and responsibly should be the TA mottoTongueAngelic

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 2:43am

Post #50 of 206 (4732 views)
Shortcut
     Oh yeah... hoping for some good discussion *where's everyone's geek?* [In reply to]  

In Reply To
And thanking you for the last lot of WW. Soz am not giving individual responses, yet I can admit to a collective sigh of contentment, while clutching a white PJ-style mug of chai. Smile

Cool! Good to know you've had a good evening with the WWSmile

In Reply To
(and *cough* thank you for the HTR/EI warning. Likewise the two terms you previously gave me to look up. That was ..... extremely informative. I'm quite curious, in a sociological sense, to find out more.)

heheh... you might have missed my invitation to PM, but gonna PM you anyway the Max-out EI stuff purveyed to VValarAngelic

Oh yes, those terms. I think they're the definitive definitions of well, all this *waves at all of forum*LaughAngelic

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.