The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
My forum posting time is wrong?

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 19 2014, 8:31pm

Post #1 of 5 (2051 views)
Shortcut
My forum posting time is wrong? Can't Post

This says it was posted Thursday at 3:00 am in the morning!?! There is no way I was up this late last night. I posted this post originally at ten thirty pm on Wednesday! Any explanation for this? Does it have to do with time zones?
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=775124;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

(This post was edited by DaughterofLaketown on Sep 19 2014, 8:32pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 19 2014, 8:38pm

Post #2 of 5 (2011 views)
Shortcut
Setting the board to reflect your time zone [In reply to] Can't Post

From TORn FAQ:

1.14 How do I set the board to reflect my time zone? The TORn message board’s default time is set to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). To set the boards to reflect you time zone, click on the [Edit Profile] icon at the top of the board, then click on [Display Settings]. Scroll down to the last option: “Time Offset (in hours).” If your time zone is ahead of GMT (London, depending on daylight savings time), enter the number of hours you are ahead of GMT as a positive number. If your time zone is behind GMT, enter the number of hours you are behind as a negative number. For example, if you live in New York, you would enter a -5; Auckland, a 13 and Los Angeles, a -8. Please note that these offsets will change when your time zone goes on and off daylight savings time. For help in determining your offset, go the World Clock on timeanddate.com, and or Google “Time Zones.”

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 19 2014, 8:39pm

Post #3 of 5 (2016 views)
Shortcut
You need to tell the forum what your time zone is in UTC [In reply to] Can't Post

First determine what your zone is in terms of Universal Time Code.

For example, if I click on my location on this map:
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

It takes me to a page that says:
Time Zone
CDT (Central Daylight Time)
UTC/GMT -5 hours

The number I'm looking for is -5. (This takes into account Daylight Savings Time. When we leave DST, it will say -6)

Now go to : Edit Profile > Display Settings

In the field that says, Time Offset (in hours):
I would put -5.

And you would put whatever number you have for your location.

Hope that helps.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Sep 19 2014, 8:39pm)

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 19 2014, 8:40pm

Post #4 of 5 (2013 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know for a fact that I did not use this after 8:00 last night. Thank you so much. I thought I was losing my mind.

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 19 2014, 8:41pm

Post #5 of 5 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Anytime. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.