Gondor

Sep 17 2014, 10:16pm

Post #1 of 93 (4094 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit: DoS Extended Edition TRAILER... THRAIN CONFIRMED Can't Post

http://yhoo.it/1o42kzV

I can't freaking wait.

Our destiny lies above us.

(This post was edited by tsmith675 on Sep 17 2014, 10:18pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 17 2014, 10:32pm

Post #2 of 93 (2174 views)
Shortcut
Thrain and Beorn and SQUEEEE! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great trailer!!! I can't wait either!Laugh

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Sep 17 2014, 10:34pm

Post #3 of 93 (2064 views)
Shortcut
Very exciting. [In reply to] Can't Post

Oddly, I find myself particularly pleased by the idea of an additional, alternative version of the Dol Guldur scenes. Looking forward to it.

davidjUK
Bree

Sep 17 2014, 10:45pm

Post #4 of 93 (2050 views)
Shortcut
So excited!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so ready to see this!! November 3rd (UK release) isn't too far away.

I really can't wait to see the Thrain material now. The Dol Guldur sequences are going to be so different.....

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Sep 17 2014, 11:16pm

Post #5 of 93 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Dol Guldur! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have this feeling that Dol Guldur will be significantly less lacking with the Thrain sub-plot re-added into the film!

It will give more purpose to the story I think!

Vocalist in the melodic metal band Betomast
and the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium

Guert
Rivendell

Sep 17 2014, 11:26pm

Post #6 of 93 (2041 views)
Shortcut
Looks like this is the version we would've wanted in the first place [In reply to] Can't Post

Thrain !!!
More Beorn !!!!
Enchanted River !!!!

I CAN'T wait !!!!

Macfeast
Rohan

Sep 17 2014, 11:32pm

Post #7 of 93 (1956 views)
Shortcut
Nice to finally see Thráin. [In reply to] Can't Post

And appearantly his... eye got better? Wink

(This post was edited by Macfeast on Sep 17 2014, 11:32pm)

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Sep 17 2014, 11:34pm

Post #8 of 93 (1980 views)
Shortcut
How great does Thrain look!?! [In reply to] Can't Post

He looks perfect, well as far as very old, hairy, half corrupted deranged Dwarven kings go! this looks like it will really pad out the Dol Guldur sequence.

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 18 2014, 12:13am

Post #9 of 93 (2029 views)
Shortcut
"This, Master Baggins is the world of men"....anyway *waves hands* SQUEEE! [In reply to] Can't Post

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

OMG made my dayTongueTongueTongue - THANK YOU! *Happiness* for the moment anywayCool

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?…If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!” -J.R.R. Tolkien

LOL so guess I have permission to stare at the Heirs of Durin - especially Thorin - as often as possible.TongueCoolHeart. And re-watch and re-play the EE as much as I like as well as ordering special collector editions.Evil

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 18 2014, 12:36am

Post #10 of 93 (1898 views)
Shortcut
Isn't Thrain supposed to be missing an eye? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing like keeping continuity, Pete. Crazy

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 18 2014, 12:42am

Post #11 of 93 (1894 views)
Shortcut
That's what I think about most of the EEs. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was true for all the LotR movies, and for AUJ (though less so, since there was less added). The things they put in the EEs are all the good character moments that make all the difference in how the movies "feel" to me.

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 18 2014, 12:58am

Post #12 of 93 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Few more caps... [In reply to] Can't Post

25 MORE MINUTES!!!TongueHeartHeartHeart

Not exactly new, but hope we get to see a BIT more of the spider fight...HeartHeartHeart

Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 18 2014, 1:00am

Post #13 of 93 (1854 views)
Shortcut
Maybe he is [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't tell at that res on my system - that could just be a socket. Can't make it too horrid re the audience - but doesn't make sense Thrain would still have something as refined as an eye patch.Unsure

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 18 2014, 1:16am

Post #14 of 93 (1832 views)
Shortcut
He never had an eyepatch. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just skin covering where the eye used to be.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 18 2014, 1:24am

Post #15 of 93 (1785 views)
Shortcut
Yes, my thinking exactly. [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly enjoyed watching DoS in theaters last year, but I felt all along that it was going to feel like an incomplete film until the EE came out. So much was just skimmed over and sped through. Already, just with these little glimpses, I can see many of my issues with the pacing being rectified.

- Viggo Mortensen

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 18 2014, 1:28am

Post #16 of 93 (1818 views)
Shortcut
You are right - having meltdown [In reply to] Can't Post

Vague memory of the DISCUSSION of a patch from one of the WETA books. Sorry, am exhausted from a multi-hour intensive class + not enough sleep CrazyFrownUnimpressed

Jim
Rivendell

Sep 18 2014, 1:47am

Post #17 of 93 (1797 views)
Shortcut
I could be wrong.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wasn't Thrain from the AUJ prologue and the flashback of the Battle of Azanulbizar a different actor than the one we see in Dol Guldur?

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 18 2014, 1:56am

Post #18 of 93 (1802 views)
Shortcut
And one more for the Thorin fans [In reply to] Can't Post

Because there's no such thing as too much Thorin. And, obviously, aside from being unenthusiastic about being in the world of men (tho at least he has job skills), it's clear that a dose of fish slime has had no effect whatsoever on the decadent chocolate-espresso maneTongue - in fact this mass of wild silken poetry is looking better than ever. Maybe we should all try it.Cool

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 18 2014, 2:01am

Post #19 of 93 (1767 views)
Shortcut
Yep. [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is slightly annoying in of itself (a recast within a single trilogy? Crazy), but they could have at least kept the character design the same. The eye thing really is the world's laziest oversight (or they just really don't care at all about continuity).

- Viggo Mortensen

Farficom
Rivendell

Sep 18 2014, 2:33am

Post #20 of 93 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Omg. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thrain speaks, Gandalf with Beorn, and all sorts of extra goodies. Very nice.

Kim
Valinor

Sep 18 2014, 3:41am

Post #21 of 93 (1696 views)
Shortcut
YAY! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to see all the new scenes! Of course, Thrain was in all of the other trailers too... Tongue

Wait, Nov is only 6 weeks away? Ack! No wait, this is good timing as the EE will come out right around the end of daylight savings, so we'll have this to curl up with as the longer nights settle in.

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Kim
Valinor

Sep 18 2014, 3:46am

Post #22 of 93 (1720 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure which I like more [In reply to] Can't Post

That J.R.R. Tolkien quote or the new Thorin pics. Heart

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 18 2014, 4:25am

Post #23 of 93 (1689 views)
Shortcut
Excited for the EE... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but that is one horrible trailer imho. Bad and lazy editing. But that is almost a tradition with the EE trailers imho ;)

Good to see Beorn and Mirkwood expanded. I hope Thrain will somehow make sense without being in the TE. He is foreshadowed in the TEs as well as Gandalf's first meeting with him, imho. So I always hoped to see something in the Bot5A .

I hope the eye thing will be solved... Pirate

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Sep 18 2014, 4:34am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 18 2014, 4:28am

Post #24 of 93 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Too true about something to curl up with [In reply to] Can't Post

And if the recent Thranduil poster is from WB, then I imagine there will be more character posters and hope RA is up for some interviews (think he will have had another amazing year by the end) and his interviews are always a pleasure.Heart HeartHeart

Kim
Valinor

Sep 18 2014, 4:45am

Post #25 of 93 (1644 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure there will be plenty of interviews [In reply to] Can't Post

RA did mention he'll be gearing up for the BOFA press tour in a Twitter Q&A last week. Also, he just finished ADR for BOFA and said he was "utterly gobsmacked" by what he'd seen. Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.