The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
the opening scene on TBOFA

mo0on-light
The Shire

Sep 17 2014, 5:50pm

Post #1 of 6 (1155 views)
Shortcut
the opening scene on TBOFA Can't Post

since i love all the opening scenes for LOTR and THE HOBBIT spicily my two fav the opining scene for UAJ and FOTR are .. since is the last movie for middle earth stories i really wish peter make unforgivably opening and too epic for the last one .. i hope the opening scene is with old bilbo remember his journey and the battle in his house in the shire that what i hope

so what about you..

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 17 2014, 6:00pm

Post #2 of 6 (715 views)
Shortcut
I hope.. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is something Arkenstone-related or the meeting in Ered Luin. It would be awesome and beautiful and a perfect chance to introduce Dain.

This is far-fetched but maybe something about Sauron? Maybe a glimpse of Morgoth, not that it has nothing about The hobbit, but still. Would be awesome.

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Sep 17 2014, 7:57pm

Post #3 of 6 (606 views)
Shortcut
I hope it's Thorin rounding up his crew [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously, where is that scene? We're two movies deep and I have no idea why (other than Balin/Dwalin and Fili/Kili) the company chose to follow Thorin to the Lonely Mountain. It seems like such a valuable thing, and to reinforce the Bilbo/Bofur scene in AUJ. We know why Thorin needs to reclaim the mountain, but why would Nori go? Oin? Bombur? It would help the audience finally care a little more about the company, something PJ and Co have been saying their trying to do.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 17 2014, 9:01pm

Post #4 of 6 (535 views)
Shortcut
Long overdue but [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be great to see!

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I’m afraid, and he gives me courage.” - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 17 2014, 10:23pm

Post #5 of 6 (456 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to see the meeting of the Dwarf-lords alluded to in AUJ, and the recruiting of the Company by Thorin. But it seems unlikely it would show up as the prologue to this film. Maybe the meeting with Dain is more likely, since he shows up later in the film.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

moreorless
Gondor

Sep 17 2014, 10:41pm

Post #6 of 6 (478 views)
Shortcut
I think something along these lines is possible... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It is something Arkenstone-related or the meeting in Ered Luin. It would be awesome and beautiful and a perfect chance to introduce Dain.

This is far-fetched but maybe something about Sauron? Maybe a glimpse of Morgoth, not that it has nothing about The hobbit, but still. Would be awesome.

One thing that I think that's worth noting about this film is that it will likely get into high drama quite quickly, even if Smaug isn't at laketown right away he'll be on his way. The upshot of that I'd say is that like DOS with Beorn and Azog chasing the company there isn't really the need for a prolong to include high drama the way LOTR or AUJ did.

The most obvious alternative to me seems to be something based on Bard's history(either his youth or his family history) as a buildup to the Smaug confrontation although its possible I spose that such a prolog could also include something about the Arkenstone.

(This post was edited by moreorless on Sep 17 2014, 10:44pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.